- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Advances in Hematology
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 903219, 4 pages
Newborn Screening Services in Bahrain between 1985 and 2010
Genetic Department, Salmaniya Medical Complex, P.O. Box 12, Bahrain
Received 30 November 2011; Revised 15 January 2012; Accepted 15 January 2012
Academic Editor: Estella M. Matutes
Copyright © 2012 Shaikha Al Arrayed and Amani Al Hajeri. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- K. V. Nadkarni, S. S. Al-Arrayed, and J. P. Bapat, “Incidence of Genetic disorders of haemoglobin in the hospital population of Bahrain,” Bahrain Medical Bulletin, vol. 131, pp. 19–24, 1991.
- A. M. Mohammed, F. Al-Hilli, K. V. Nadkarni, G. P. Bhagwat, and J. P. Bapat, “Hemoglobinopathies and glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase deficiency in hospital births in Bahrain,” Annals of Saudi Medicine, vol. 12, no. 6, pp. 536–539, 1992.
- Health Statistics 2002, “Bahrain Health Information Directorate, Ministry of Health, Bahrain Health Statistic Reports, 1985–2007,” 2002, http://www.moh.gov.bh/PDF/Leaflets/Abstract/leaflet%202005.pdf.
- L. Al-Gazali, H. Hamamy, and S. Al-Arrayad, “Genetic disorders in the Arab world,” British Medical Journal, vol. 333, no. 7573, pp. 831–834, 2006.
- S. Al-Arrayed, “The nature of sickle-cell disease in Bahrain,” Journal of the Bahrain Medical Society, vol. 6, no. 3, pp. 125–130, 1994.
- J. W. Eastman, R. Wong, C. L. Liao, and D. R. Morales, “Automated HPLC screening of newborns for sickle cell anemia and other hemoglobinopathies,” Clinical Chemistry, vol. 42, no. 5, pp. 704–710, 1996.
- J. Jiang, X. Ma, C. Song et al., “Using the fluorescence spot test for neonatal screening of G6PD deficiency,” The Southeast Asian Journal of Tropical Medicine and Public Health, vol. 34, supplement 3, pp. 140–142, 2003.
- S. S. Al-Arrayed, N. Hafadh, and S. Al-Serafi, “Premarital counselling: an experience from Bahrain,” Eastern Mediterranean Health Journal, vol. 3, no. 3, pp. 415–419, 1997.
- A. Alwan and B. Modell, “Community control of genetic and congenital disorders,” Tech. Rep., WHO Regional Office for the Eastern Mediterranean Region, Cairo, Egypt, 1997.
- S. Al Arrayed, “Campaign to control genetic blood diseases in Bahrain,” Community Genetics, vol. 8, no. 1, pp. 52–55, 2005.
- S. S. Al Arrayed, “Premarital genetic counseling: a new law in the Kingdom of Bahrain,” Journal of Health, Social and Environmental Issues, Middle Sex University, vol. 6, no. 2, pp. 31–34, 2005.