- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Advances in Multimedia
Volume 2009 (2009), Article ID 486465, 13 pages
Sketch-Based Spatial Queries for the Retrieval of Human Locomotion Patterns in Smart Environments
Department of Information and Communication Engineering, The University of Tokyo, Tokyo 113-8656, Japan
Received 15 March 2009; Accepted 7 July 2009
Academic Editor: Qi Tian
Copyright © 2009 Gamhewage C. de Silva et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- R. Harper, Inside the Smart Home: Ideas, Possibilities, and Methods, Springer, Heidelberg, UK, 2003.
- T. Mori, H. Noguchi, A. Takada,, and T. Sato, “Sensing room: distributed sensor environment for measurement of human daily behavior,” in Proceedings of the 1st International Workshop on Networked Sensing Systems (INSS '04), pp. 40–43.
- M. Takahashi, S. Ito, Y. Sumi, M. Tsuchikawa, K. Kogure, K. Mase, and T. Nishida, “A layered interpretation of human interactions captured by ubiquitous sensors,” in Proceedings of the 1st ACM Workshop on Continuous Archival and Retrieval of Personal Experiences (CARPE '04), pp. 32–38, 2004.
- B. Gottfried, “Spatial health systems,” in Proceedings of the Pervasive Health Conference and Workshops, pp. 1–7, November-December 2006.
- Y. A. Ivanov and C. R. Wren, “Toward spatial queries for spatial surveillance tasks,” in Proceedings of the Pervasive Technology Applied Real-World Experiences with RFID and Sensor Networks (PTA '06), 2006.
- T. Yamazaki, “Ubiquitous home: real-life testbed for home context-aware service,” in Proceddings of the 1st International Conference on Testbeds and Research Infrastructures for the Development of Networks and Communities, Tridentcom, pp. 54–59, 2005.
- G. C. de Silva, T. Yamasaki, and K. Aizawa, “An interactive multimedia diary for the home,” IEEE Computer, vol. 40, no. 5, pp. 52–59, 2007.
- J. C. Augusto and C. D. Nugent, Designing Smart Homes — the Role of Artificial Intelligence, Lecture Notes in Computer Science, Springer, 2006.
- G. D. Abowd, I. Bobick, I. Essa, E. Mynatt, and W. Rogers, “The aware home: developing technologies for successful aging,” in Proceedings of the American Association for Artificial Intelligence (AAAI '02), 2002.
- J. C. Augusto, C. D. Nugent, S. Martin, and C. Olphert, “Towards personalization of services and an integrated service model for smart homes applied to elderly,” in Proceedings of International Conference on Smart Homes and health Telematic, pp. 151–158.
- G. Dewsbury, K. Clarke, M. Rouncefield, I. Sommerville, B. Taylor, and M. Edge, “Designing acceptable ‘smart’ home technology to support people in the home,” Technology and Disability, vol. 15, no. 3, pp. 191–199, 2004.
- Department of Sensory Media, “Ubiquitous Sensor Room,” ATR Media Information Science Laboratories, Kyoto, Japan, http://www.atr.jp/mis/past/im.html#b.
- R. Aipperspach, E. Cohen, and J. Canny, “Modeling human behavior from simple sensors in the home,” in Proceedings of the 4th IEEE International Conference on Pervasive Computing, vol. 3968 of Lecture Notes in Computer Science, pp. 337–348, Dublin, Ireland, 2006.
- Y. Ivanov, A. Sorokin, C. Wren, and I. Kaur, “Tracking people in mixed modality systems,” in Visual Communications and Image Processing (VCIP '07), vol. 6508 of Proceedings of the SPIE, January 2007.
- A. Jaimes, K. Omura, T. Nagamine, and K. Hirata, “Memory cues for meeting video retrieval,” in Proceedings of the 1st ACM Workshop on Continuous Archival and Retrieval of Personal Experiences (CARPE '04), pp. 74–85, 2004.
- M. J. Egenhofer, “Spatial query by sketch,” Journal of Visual Languages and Computing, vol. 8, no. 4, pp. 403–424, 1997.
- G. C. de Silva, T. Yamasaki, and K. Aizawa, “Evaluation of video summarization for a large number of cameras in ubiquitous home,” in Proceedings of the Association for Computing Machinery Multimedia, pp. 820–828, 2005.
- G. C. de Silva, T. Yamasaki, and K. Aizawa, “Interactive experience retrieval for a ubiquitous home,” in Proceedings of the ACM International Multimedia Conference and Exhibition, pp. 45–48, 2006.
- J. P. Chin, V. A. Diehl, and K. L. Norman, “Development of an instrument measuring user satisfaction of the human-computer interface,” in Proceedings of the ACM Conference on Human Factors in Computing Systems (CHI '88), pp. 213–218, 1988.
- A. Blaser, “Geo-spatial sketches (A study of people's sketching behavior and strategies),” Technical Report, National Center of Geographic Information and Analysis, University of Maine, Orono, Me, USA, 1998.