- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Advances in Multimedia
Volume 2011 (2011), Article ID 706164, 14 pages
Mobile Music Distribution: A Multichannel Approach
Communication and Economics Department, University of Modena and Reggio Emilia, Via Allegri 9, 42100 Reggio Emilia, Italy
Received 6 June 2011; Revised 1 August 2011; Accepted 19 September 2011
Academic Editor: T. Turletti
Copyright © 2011 Marco Furini. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- IFPI, “The digital music report 2011. Research report,” International Federation of the Phonographic Industry, 2011, http://www.ifpi.org/content/section_resources/dmr2011.html.
- E. Furregoni, A. Rangone, F. M. Renga, and M. Valsecchi, “The mobile digital contents distribution scenario,” in Proceedings of the 6th IEEE International Conference on the Management of Mobile Business (ICMB '07), IEEE Computer Society, Toronto, Canada, 2007.
- A. Kaikkonen, “Full or tailored mobile web—where and how do people browse on their mobiles?” in Proceedings of the International Conference on Mobile Technology, Applications, and Systems, ACM Press, Yilan, Taiwan, September 2008.
- V. Roto, R. Geisler, A. Kaikkonen, A. Popescu, and E. Vartiainen, “Data traffic costs and mobile browsing user experience,” in Proceedings of the 4th MobEA Workshop on Empowering the Mobile Web, pp. 1–6, May 2006.
- P. Vlachos, A. Vrechopoulos, and G. Doukidis, “Exploring consumer attitudes towards mobile music services,” International Journal on Media Management, vol. 5, no. 2, pp. 138–148, 2003.
- C. W. Chu and H. P. Lu, “Factors influencing online music purchase intention in Taiwan,” Internet Research, vol. 17, no. 2, pp. 139–155, 2007.
- S. Grech and S. Luukkainen, “Towards music download and radio broadcast convergence in mobile communications networks,” in Proceedings of the, vol. 2005, pp. 218–224, Pomona, Calif, USA, 2005.
- M. R. Ebling and R. Caceres, “Gaming and augmented reality come to location-based services,” IEEE Pervasive Computing, vol. 9, no. 1, pp. 5–6, 2010.
- V. Ghini, P. Salomoni, and G. Pau, “Always-best-served music distribution for nomadic users over heterogeneous networks,” IEEE Communications Magazine, vol. 43, no. 5, pp. 69–74, 2005.
- M. Roccetti, P. Salomoni, V. Ghini, S. Ferretti, and S. Cacciaguerra, “Delivering music over the wireless internet: from song distribution to interactive karaoke on UMTS devices,” in Wireless Internet Handbook: Technologies, Standards, and Application, pp. 537–565, 2003.
- A. Tanaka, “Mobile music making,” in Proceedings of the 2004 International Conference on New Interfaces for Musical Expression (NIME '04), pp. 154–156, National University of Singapore, Hamamatsu, Japan, 2004.
- M. Kubek and J. Nutzel, “A mobile peer-to-peer application for distributed recommendation and re-sale of music,” in Proceeding of the 2nd International Conference on Automated Production of Cross Media Content for Multi-Channel Distribution (AXMEDIS '06), pp. 93–98, Leeds, UK, 2006.
- G. Stanek, Bluetella: a java application for new mobile phones, Semester thesis, ETH Zurich, Zurich, Switzerland, 2003, TIK-SA-2003.19.
- E. Cervi, C. E. Palazzi, and A. Bujari, “P2P file sharing on mobile phones: design and implementation of a prototype,” in Proceedings of the 2nd IEEE International Conference on Computer Science and Information Technology (ICCSIT '09), pp. 136–140, Beijing, China, August 2009.
- A. U. Schmidt, “On the superdistribution of digital goods,” in Proceedings of the 3rd International Conference on Communications and Networking in China, ChinaCom 2008, pp. 1337–1344, Hangzhou, China, August 2008.
- Q. Liu, R. Safavi-Naini, and N. P. Sheppard, “Digital rights management for content distribution,” in Proceedings of the 1ST Australasian Information Security Workshop Conference on ACSW Frontiers (ACSW Frontiers '03), pp. 49–58, Australian Computer Society, Darlinghurst, Australia, 2003.
- T. S. Messerges and E. A. Dabbish, “Digital rights management in a 3G mobile phone and beyond,” in Proceedings of the 3rd ACM Workshop on Digital Rights Management (DRM '03), pp. 27–38, Association for Computing Machinery, New York, NY, USA, October 2003.
- L. Egidi and M. Furini, “Bringing multimedia contents into MP3 files,” IEEE Communications Magazine, vol. 43, no. 5, pp. 90–97, 2005.
- Z. Yan, Digital Rights Management for Mobile Multimedia book chapter of Multimedia Communication Security: Recent Advances, Nova Science, 2008.
- N. Anderson, Hacking Digital Rights Management, 2006.
- R. MacManus, “Emi music drm-free: what it means for the online music industry,” ReadWriteWeb, 2007.
- Bluetooth Basics, A look at the Basics of Bluetooth Wireless Technology, 2011.
- S. Cheng, H. Yu, and Z. Xiong, “Enhanced spread spectrum watermarking of MPEG-2 AAC audio,” in Proceedings of the IEEE International Conference on Acoustics, Speech, and Signal Processing (ICASSP '02), vol. 4, pp. 3728–3731, Orlando, Fla, USA, May 2002.
- R. Dingledine and P. Syverson, “Reliable mix cascade networks through reputation,” in Proceedings of the 6th International Financial Cryptography Conference (FC '02), Southampton, Bermuda, March 2002.
- T. H.-T. Hu, K. Wongrujira, and A. Seneviratne, “Reputation in peer-to-peer networks,” in Proceedings of the IEEE International Conference on Communications (ICC '04), pp. 1411–1415, Paris, France, June 2004.
- P. Resnick, K. Kuwabara, R. Zeckhauser, and E. Friedman, “Reputation systems,” Communications of the ACM, vol. 43, no. 12, pp. 45–48, 2000.
- K. C. Almeroth and A. Garyfalos, “Coupons: wide scale information distribution for wireless ad hoc networks,” in Proceedings of the IEEE Global Telecommunications Conference (Globecom) Global Internet and Next Generation Networks Symposium, pp. 1655–1659, Dallas, Tex, USA, December 2004.
- L. Buttyán and J. P. Hubaux, “Stimulating cooperation in self-organizing mobile Ad Hoc networks,” Mobile Networks and Applications, vol. 8, no. 5, pp. 579–592, 2003.
- N. B. Salem, M. Jakobsson, L. Buttyán, and J. P. Hubaux, “A charging and rewarding scheme for packet forwarding in multi-hop cellular networks,” in Proceedings of the 4th ACM International Symposium on Mobile Ad Hoc Networking and Computing (MOBIHOC '03), pp. 13–24, Annapolis, Md, USA, June 2003.
- M. Furini and M. Montangero, “The impact of incentive mechanisms in multi-channel mobile music distribution,” Multimedia Tools and Applications, vol. 37, no. 3, pp. 365–382, 2008.
- H. V. Zhao, W. S. Lin, and K. J. R. Liu, “Behavior modeling and forensics for multimedia social networks: a case study in multimedia fingerprinting,” IEEE Signal Processing Magazine, vol. 26, no. 1, pp. 118–139, 2009.
- Digital rights management (drm), http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc838192(v=vs.95).aspx.
- G. Tardos, “Capacity of collusion secure fingerprinting: a tradeoff between rate and efficiency,” in Proceedings of the 12th international conference on Information hiding (IH '10), pp. 81–85, Springer-Verlag, Alberta, Canada, 2010.
- D. Schonberg and D. Kirovski, “Fingerprinting and forensic analysis of multimedia,” in Proceedings of the 12th annual ACM international conference on Multimedia (MULTIMEDIA '04), pp. 788–795, ACM Press, New York, NY, USA, 2004.
- S. He and M. Hu, “Performance study of ecc-based collusion-resistant multimedia fingerprinting,” in Proceedings of the 38th Conferences on Information Sciences and Systems, pp. 827–832, Princeton, NJ, USA, March 2004.
- I. Cox, M. Miller, and J. Bloom, In Digital Watermarking, Morgan Kaufmann, San Fransisco, Calif, USA, 2001.
- X. Luo, J. Zhang, R. Perdisci, and W. Lee, “On the secrecy of spread-spectrum ow watermarks,” in Proceedings of the 15th European Conference on Research in computer security (ESORICS '10), pp. 232–248, Springer-Verlag, Athens, Greece, 2010.
- X. Li and H. H. Yu, “Transparent and robust audio data hiding in subband domain,” in Proceedings of the International Conference on Information Technology: Coding and Computing (ITCC '00), p. 74, IEEE Computer Society, Washington, DC, USA, 2000.
- X. Li and H. Yu, “Transparent and robust audio data hiding in cepstrum domain,” in Proceedings of the IEEE International Conference on Multimedia and Expo (ICME '00), pp. 397–402, Piscataway, NJ, USA, 2000.
- J. Seok, J. Hong, and J. Kim, “A novel audio watermarking algorithm for copyright protection of digital audio,” ETRI Journal, vol. 24, no. 3, pp. 181–189, 2002.
- S. Ravi, A. Raghunathan, P. Kocher, and S. Hattangady, “Security in embedded systems: design challenges,” ACM Transactions on Embedded Computing Systems, vol. 3, no. 3, pp. 461–491, 2004.
- C. Mclvor, M. McLoone, and J. V. McCanny, “Fast montgomery modular multiplication and rsa cryptographic processor architectures,” in Proceedings of the 37th Asilomar Conference on Signals, Systems and Computers, pp. 379–384, Pacific Grove, Calif, USA, November 2003.
- R. Karri and P. Mishra, “Minimizing energy consumption of secure wireless session with QoS constraints,” in Proceedings of the International Conference On Communication, pp. 2053–2057, IEEE Computer Society, Washington, DC, USA, 2002.
- A. Raghunathan, N. R. Potlapally, S. Ravi, and N. K. Jha, “Analyzing the energy consumption of security protocols,” in Proceedings of the ACM International Symposium on Low Power Electronics and Design (ISLPED '03), ACM Press, 2003.
- EveryiPod.com. Apple ipod touch (4th gen/facetime) 8, 32, 64 gb specs, http://www.everymac.com/systems/apple/ipod/specs/ipod-touch-4th-gen-4g-facetime-specs.html.
- EveryiPod.com. Apple ipod 3rd gen (15/20/40) 15, 20, 40 gb specs, http://www.everymac.com/systems/apple/ipod/specs/ipod-touch-3g-specs.html.
- S. Schlott, F. Kargl, S. Ribhegge, and M. Weber, “Bluetooth-based ad-hoc networks for voice trasmission,” in Proceedings of the 36th Hawaii International Conference on System Sciences (HICSS'03), IEEE Press, Big Island, Hawaii, USA, 2002.
- International Data Corporation, “Worldwide mobile phone market grew nearly 20% in the first quarter; smartphones and vendors outside the top 5 keys to growth,” http://www.idc.com/getdoc.jsp?containerId=prUS22808211.
- CISCO, “Cisco visual networking index: Global mobile data traffic forecast update, 2010–2015,” http://www.cisco.com/en/US/solutions/collateral/ns341/ns525/ns537/ns705/ns827/white_paper_c11-520862.html.
- C. J. Cobb and W. D. Hoyer, “Planned versus impulse purchase behavior,” Journal of Retailing, vol. 62, no. 4, pp. 384–409, 1986.
- D. Rook, “The buying impulse,” Journal of Consumer research, vol. 14, no. 2, pp. 189–199, 1987.