- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Advances in Mechanical Engineering
Volume 2010 (2010), Article ID 452749, 4 pages
Metallic Light Absorbers Produced by Femtosecond Laser Pulses
The Institute of Optics, University of Rochester, Rochester, NY 14627, USA
Received 1 April 2009; Accepted 20 August 2009
Academic Editor: Chen Li
Copyright © 2010 Anatoliy Y. Vorobyev and Chunlei Guo. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- S. Ameer-Beg, W. Perrie, S. Rathbone, J. Wright, W. Weaver, and H. Champoux, “Femtosecond laser micro structuring of materials,” Applied Surface Science, vol. 127–129, pp. 875–880, 1998.
- A. Semerok, C. Chaléard, V. Detalle, et al., “Experimental investigations of laser ablation efficiency of pure metals with femto, pico and nanosecond pulses,” Applied Surface Science, vol. 138-139, no. 1-4, pp. 311–314, 1999.
- B. N. Chichkov, C. Momma, S. Noltevon, F. Alvensleben, and A. Tunnermann, “Femtosecond, picosecond and nanosecond laser ablation of solids,” Applied Physics A, vol. 63, no. 2, pp. 109–115, 1996.
- R. Le Harzic, N. Huot, E. Audouard, et al., “Comparison of heat-affected zones due to nanosecond and femtosecond laser pulses using transmission electronic microscopy,” Applied Physics Letters, vol. 80, no. 21, p. 3886, 2002.
- A. Y. Vorobyev and C. Guo, “Enhanced absorptance of gold following multipulse femtosecond laser ablation,” Physical Review B, vol. 72, no. 19, Article ID 195422, 5 pages, 2005.
- A. Y. Vorobyev and C. Guo, “Colorizing metals with femtosecond laser pulses,” Applied Physics Letters, vol. 92, no. 4, Article ID 041914, 2008.
- F. Ghmari, T. Ghbara, M. Laroche, R. Carminati, and J.-J. Greffet, “Influence of microroughness on emissivity,” Journal of Applied Physics, vol. 96, no. 5, pp. 2656–2664, 2004.
- U. Kreibig and M. Vollmer, Optical Properties of Metal Clusters, Springer, Berlin, Germany, 1995.
- I. H. H. Zabel and D. Stroud, “Metal clusters and model rocks: electromagnetic properties of conducting fractal aggregates,” Physical Review B, vol. 46, no. 13, pp. 8132–8138, 1992.
- S. Lal, S. Link, and N. J. Halas, “Nano-optics from sensing to waveguiding,” Nature Photonics, vol. 1, no. 11, pp. 641–648, 2007.
- H. Sai, Y. Kanamori, K. Hane, and H. Yugami, “Numerical study on spectral properties of tungsten one-dimensional surface-relief gratings for spectrally selective devices,” Journal of the Optical Society of America A, vol. 22, no. 9, pp. 1805–1813, 2005.
- F. J. Garcia-Vidal, L. Martín-Moreno, and J. B. Pendry, “Surfaces with holes in them: new plasmonic metamaterials,” Journal of Optics A, vol. 7, no. 2, pp. S97–S101, 2005.
- N. F. Hartman and T. K. Gaylord, “Antireflection gold surface-relief gratings: experimental characteristics,” Applied Optics, vol. 27, no. 17, pp. 3738–3743, 1988.