- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Advances in Mechanical Engineering
Volume 2011 (2011), Article ID 345328, 5 pages
On Relationships among the Aggregation Number, Rheological Property, and Turbulent Drag-Reducing Effect of Surfactant Solutions
1School of Energy Science and Engineering, Harbin Institute of Technology, Harbin 150001, China
2State Key Laboratory of Multiphase Flow in Power Engineering, Xi'an Jiaotong University, Xi'an 710049, China
3Beijing Key Laboratory of Urban Oil and Gas Distribution Technology, China University of Petroleum-Beijing, Beijing 102249, China
Received 31 May 2011; Accepted 29 June 2011
Academic Editor: Yasuo Kawaguchi
Copyright © 2011 Ying-Bo Zhou et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- Y. Y. Qi and L. K. Weavers, “Enhancing heat-transfer ability of drag reducing surfactant solutions with ultrasonic energy,” Journal of Non-Newtonian Fluid Mechanics, vol. 116, no. 1, pp. 71–93, 2003.
- F. C. Li, Y. Kawaguchi, and K. Hishida, “Structural analysis of turbulent transport in a heated drag-reducing channel flow with surfactant additives,” International Journal of Heat and Mass Transfer, vol. 48, no. 5, pp. 965–973, 2005.
- J. L. Zakin, B. Lu, and H. W. Bewersdorff, “Surfactant drag reduction,” Reviews in Chemical Engineering, vol. 14, no. 4-5, pp. 253–318, 1998.
- Y. Zhang, J. Schmidt, Y. Talmon, and J. L. Zakin, “Co-solvent effects on drag reduction, rheological properties and micelle microstructures of cationic surfactants,” Journal of Colloid and Interface Science, vol. 286, no. 2, pp. 696–709, 2005.
- H.-X. Zhang and D.-Z. Wang, “Experimental study on the effects of shear induced structure in a drag-reducing surfactant solution flow,” Archive of Applied Mechanics, vol. 79, no. 8, pp. 773–778, 2009.
- Y. Zhang, J. Schmidt, Y. Talmon, D. J. Hart, and J. L. Zakin, “Drag reduction and rheological properties of a novel zwitterionic surfactant compared with cationic surfactant/counterion systems,” in Proceedings of the Society of Rheology, Seoul, Republic of Korea, August 2004.
- J. J. Wei, Y. Kawaguchi, F. C. Li et al., “Drag-reducing and heat transfer characteristics of a novel zwitterionic surfactant solution,” International Journal of Heat and Mass Transfer, vol. 52, no. 15-16, pp. 3547–3554, 2009.
- K. Kuperkar, K. Prasad, L. Abezgauz, and P. Bahadur, “Formation and growth of micelles in dilute aqueous CTAB solutions in the presence of NaNO3 and NaClO3,” Journal of Surfactants and Detergents, vol. 13, no. 3, pp. 293–303, 2010.
- X. Cai, S. C. Wang, J. F. He, X. Liu, J. F. Peng, and T. Y. Kuang, “Steady state fluorescence spectroscopy of the photosystem II core complex,” Journal of Plant Physiology and Molecular Biology, vol. 32, no. 2, pp. 169–174, 2006.
- J.-F. Wang, Experimental study of comprehensive effect of temperature and reynolds number on drag reducing and heat transfer characteristics of a cationic surfactants solution, M.S. thesis, Xi'an Jiaotong University, Xi'an, 2010.
- Y. Zhang, Correlations among surfactant drag reduction, additive chemical structures, rheological properties and microstructures in water and water/co-solvent systems, Ph.D. thesis, Ohio State University, Columbus, Ohio,USA, 2005.