- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Annual Issues
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Advances in Mechanical Engineering
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 171682, 10 pages
Choosing Actuation Scheme for Optimal Performance of 3-DOF Planar Parallel Manipulators
1Department of Mechanical Engineering, G.V.P. College of Engineering, Visakhapatnam 530048, India
2Department of Mechanical Engineering, JNTU College of Engineering, Vizianagaram 535003, India
3Department of Mechanical Engineering, AU College of Engineering, Visakhapatnam 530003, India
Received 17 October 2011; Revised 6 March 2012; Accepted 30 March 2012
Academic Editor: Adib Becker
Copyright © 2012 S. Ramana Babu et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- H. R. Mohammadi Daniali, P. J. Zsombor-Murray, and J. Angeles, “Singularity analysis of planar parallel manipulators,” Mechanism and Machine Theory, vol. 30, no. 5, pp. 665–678, 1995.
- C. M. Gosselin, “Parallel computational algorithms for the kinematics and dynamics of planar and spatial parallel manipulators,” Journal of Dynamic Systems, Measurement and Control, Transactions of the ASME, vol. 118, no. 1, pp. 22–28, 1996.
- J. P. Merlet, S. Lemieux, and C. M. Gosselin, “New architecture of planar three-degree-of-freedom parallel manipulator,” in Proceedings of the 13th IEEE International Conference on Robotics and Automation, pp. 3738–3743, April 1996.
- Y. Jin, I. M. Chen, and G. Yang, “Structure synthesis and singularity analysis of a parallel manipulator based on selective actuation,” in Proceedings of the IEEE International Conference on Robotics and Automation, pp. 4533–4538, New Orleans, La, USA, May 2004.
- V. Arakelian, S. Briot, and V. Glazunov, “Improvement of functional performance of spatial parallel manipulators using mechanisms of variable structure,” in Proceedings of the 12th IFTOMM World Congress, Besancon, France, 2007.
- H. J. Su, P. Dietmaier, and J. M. McCarthy, “Trajectory planning for constrained parallel manipulators,” Journal of Mechanical Design, Transactions of the ASME, vol. 125, no. 4, pp. 709–716, 2003.
- I. Ebrahimi, J. A. Carretero, and R. Boudreau, “Actuation scheme for a 6-dof kinematically redundant planar parallel manipulator,” in Proceedings of the 12th IFTOMM World Congress, Besancon, France, 2007.
- R. Matone and B. Roth, “The effects of actuation schemes on the kinematic performance of manipulators,” Journal of Mechanical Design, Transactions of the ASME, vol. 119, no. 2, pp. 212–217, 1997.
- K. Ramji, V. Ramachandra Raju, and S. Ramanababu, “Effect of actuator relocation on performance of industrial manipulators,” International Journal of Mechanics of Solids, vol. 5, pp. 71–82, 2009.
- Y. Li and Q. Xu, “Design and optimization of an XYZ parallel micromanipulator with flexure hinges,” Journal of Intelligent and Robotic Systems, vol. 55, no. 4-5, pp. 377–402, 2009.
- Q. Xu and Y. Li, “Design and analysis of a new singularity-free three-prismatic-revolute-cylindrical translational parallel manipulator,” Proceedings of the Institution of Mechanical Engineers Part C, vol. 221, no. 5, pp. 565–577, 2007.
- Y. Li and Q. Xu, “Kinematic analysis and design of a new 3-DOF translational parallel manipulator,” Journal of Mechanical Design, Transactions of the ASME, vol. 128, no. 4, pp. 729–737, 2006.
- N. Rakotomanga, D. Chablat, and S. Caro, “Kinetostatic performance of planar parallel mechanism with variable actuation,” Advances in Robot kinematics, pp. 1–11, 2008.
- V. Kumar, “Characterization of workspaces of parallel manipulators,” in Proceedings of the ASME 21th Biennial Mechanisms Conference, pp. 321–329, Chicago, Ill, USA, 1990.
- G. R. Pennock and D. J. Kassner, “Workspace of a general geometry planar three-degree-of-freedom platform-type manipulator,” Journal of Mechanical Design, Transactions Of the ASME, vol. 115, no. 2, pp. 269–276, 1993.
- X. Zhang, J. K. Mills, and W. L. Cleghorn, “Dynamic modeling and experimental validation of a 3-PRR parallel manipulator with flexible intermediate links,” Journal of Intelligent and Robotic Systems, vol. 50, no. 4, pp. 323–340, 2007.
- T. Yoshikawa, “Manipulability of robotic mechanisms,” International Journal of Robotics Research, vol. 4, no. 2, pp. 439–446, 1984.
- J. O. Kim and P. Khosla, “Dexterity measures for design and control of manipulators,” in Proceedings of the IEEE/RSJ International Workshop on Intelligent Robot and Systems (IRSO '91), pp. 758–763, November 1991.
- C. Gosselin and J. Angeles, “Global performance index for the kinematic optimization of robotic manipulators,” Journal of Mechanisms, Transmissions, and Automation in Design, vol. 113, no. 3, pp. 220–226, 1991.
- J. Rastegar and B. Fardanesh, “Manipulation workspace analysis using the Monte Carlo Method,” Mechanism and Machine Theory, vol. 25, no. 2, pp. 233–239, 1990.
- M. Attolico, P. Masarati, and P. Mantegazza, “Trajectory optimization and real-time solution for robotics applications,” in Proceedings of the ECCOMAS Thematic Conference: Multibody Dynamics, Madrid, Spain, 2005.
- J. X. Xu and W. Wang, “Two optimization algorithm for solving robotics inverse kinematics with redundancy,” in Proceedings of the IEEE International Conference on Control and Automation (ICCA '07), pp. 3021–3028, June 2007.