- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Advances in Mechanical Engineering
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 231675, 8 pages
Numerical Simulation and Analysis of Gas-Liquid Flow in a T-Junction Microchannel
1Department of Mathematics, East China University of Science and Technology, Shanghai 200237, China
2Department of Basic Courses, Viet Duc Industrial College, Thainguyen 23000, Vietnam
3Complex and Intelligent Systems Research Centre, School of Mechanical and Power Engineering, East China University of Science and Technology, Shanghai 200237, China
Received 6 June 2012; Revised 19 July 2012; Accepted 21 July 2012
Academic Editor: Shandong Tu
Copyright © 2012 Hongtruong Pham et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- P. Garstecki, M. J. Fuerstman, H. A. Stone, and G. M. Whitesides, “Formation of droplets and bubbles in a microfluidic T-junction–scaling and mechanism of break-up,” Lab on a Chip, vol. 6, no. 5, pp. 693–694, 2006.
- R. Gupta, D. F. Fletcher, and B. S. Haynes, “On the CFD modelling of Taylor flow in microchannels,” Chemical Engineering Science, vol. 64, no. 12, pp. 2941–2950, 2009.
- C. N. Baroud, F. Gallaire, and R. Dangla, “Dynamics of microfluidic droplets,” Lab on a Chip, vol. 10, no. 16, pp. 2032–2045, 2010.
- V. Hessel, S. Hardt, and H. Lowe, Chemical Micro Process Engineering–Fundamentals, Modeling and Reactions, Wiley-VCH, Weinheim, Germany, 2004.
- J. U. Brackbill, D. B. Kothe, and C. Zemach, “A continuum method for modeling surface tension,” Journal of Computational Physics, vol. 100, no. 2, pp. 335–354, 1992.
- R. M. Santos and M. Kawaji, “Numerical modeling and experimental investigation of gas-liquid slug formation in a microchannel T-junction,” International Journal of Multiphase Flow, vol. 36, no. 4, pp. 314–323, 2010.
- F. Guo and B. Chen, “Numerical study on taylor bubble formation in a micro-channel T-junction using vof method,” Microgravity Science and Technology, vol. 21, supplement 1, pp. S51–S58, 2009.
- D. Qian and A. Lawal, “Numerical study on gas and liquid slugs for Taylor flow in a T-junction microchannel,” Chemical Engineering Science, vol. 61, no. 23, pp. 7609–7625, 2006.