- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Advances in Mechanical Engineering
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 326971, 6 pages
Life Assessment and Life Extension of an Aircraft Wheel
Faculty of Mechanical Engineering, K. N. Toosi University of Technology, Tehran 1999143344, Iran
Received 17 June 2012; Revised 20 September 2012; Accepted 21 September 2012
Academic Editor: Hyung Hee Cho
Copyright © 2012 M. Aghaie-Khafri et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- S. K. Bhaumik, M. Sujata, and M. A. Venkataswamy, “Fatigue failure of aircraft components,” Engineering Failure Analysis, vol. 15, no. 6, pp. 675–694, 2008.
- T. Ogura, S. Hirosawa, and T. Sato, “Quantitative characterization of precipitate free zones in Al-Zn-Mg(-Ag) alloys by microchemical analysis and nanoindentation measurement,” Science and Technology of Advanced Materials, vol. 5, no. 4, pp. 491–496, 2004.
- S. R. K. Rao, G. M. Reddy, K. S. Rao, M. Kamaraj, and K. P. Rao, “Reasons for superior mechanical and corrosion properties of 2219 aluminum alloy electron beam welds,” Materials Characterization, vol. 55, no. 4-5, pp. 345–354, 2005.
- G. E. Totten and D. S. MacKenzie, Handbook of Aluminum, vol. 1, Marcel Dekker, New York, NY, USA, 2003.
- T. L. Durbin, Modeling dissolution in aluminum alloys [Ph.D. dissertation], Mechanical Engineering, Georgia Institute of Technology, 2005.
- U. Zupanc and J. Grum, “Effect of pitting corrosion on fatigue performance of shot-peened aluminium alloy 7075-T651,” Journal of Materials Processing Technology, vol. 210, no. 9, pp. 1197–1202, 2010.
- W. Cheng and I. Finnie, Residual Stress Measurement and the Slitting Method, Springer, New York, NY, USA, 2007.
- L. L. Shreir, Corrosion: Metal Environment Reaction, Elsevier, London, UK, 3rd edition, 2000.
- D. W. Hoeppner, Fretting Fatigue: Current Technology and Practices, ASTM, USA, 2000.
- L. V. Agamirov, E. I. Kramarenko, A. N. Lisin, and V. V. Mozalev, “Influence of various factors on the fatigue of airplane wheels,” Russian Engineering Research, vol. 30, no. 11, pp. 1095–1102, 2010.
- B. Kosec, G. Kovacic, and L. Kosec, “Fatigue cracking of an aircraft wheel,” Engineering Failure Analysis, vol. 9, no. 5, pp. 603–609, 2002.
- S. S. Manson and G. R. Halford, “Avoidance, control, and repair of fatigue damage,” in Fatigue and Durability of Structural Materials, pp. 267–324, ASM International, Ohio, USA, 2006.
- G. Leghorn, “The story of shot peening,” American Society of Naval Engineers, vol. 69, pp. 653–666, 1957.
- M. P. Blodgett and P. B. Nagy, “Eddy current assessment of near-surface residual stress in shot-peened nickel-base superalloys,” Journal of Nondestructive Evaluation, vol. 23, no. 3, pp. 107–123, 2004.
- T. S. Srivatsan, “An investigation of the cyclic fatigue and fracture behavior of aluminum alloy 7055,” Materials and Design, vol. 23, no. 2, pp. 141–151, 2002.
- S. Singh and D. B. Goel, “Influence of thermomechanical aging on fatigue behaviour of 2014 Al-alloy,” Bulletin of Materials Science, vol. 28, no. 2, pp. 91–96, 2005.
- W. Ruch and V. Gerold, “The influence of microstructure on fatigue crack initiation and fatigue crack propagation in Al-Mg-Si alloys,” in Proceedings of the 4th European Conference on Fracture, pp. 383–390, Leoben, Austria, 1982.
- L. Yanbin, L. Zhiyi, L. Yuntao, X. Qinkun, and Z. Jie, “Enhanced fatigue crack propagation resistance of an Al-Cu-Mg alloy by artificial aging,” Materials Science and Engineering A, vol. 492, no. 1-2, pp. 333–336, 2008.