- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Advances in Mechanical Engineering
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 413583, 8 pages
Comparative Modal Analysis of Gasketed and Nongasketed Bolted Flanged Pipe Joints: FEA Approach
1Faculty of Mechanical Engineering, Ghulam Ishaq Khan Institute of Engineering Sciences and Technology, Topi 23640, Pakistan
2Department of Mathematics, COMSATS Institute of Information Technology, Lahore 54000, Pakistan
Received 4 April 2012; Revised 30 October 2012; Accepted 1 November 2012
Academic Editor: Marco Ceccarelli
Copyright © 2012 Muhammad Abid et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- M. Abid, Experimental and Analytical studies of conventional (gasketed) and unconventional (non gasketed) flanged pipe joints (with special emphasis on the engineering of “joint strength”and “sealing”) [Ph.D. thesis], 2000.
- M. Abid, D. H. Nash, and J. Webjorn, “The stamina of non-gasketed, flanged pipe connections,” in Fatigue and Durability Assessment of Materials, Components and Structures: Proceedings of the 4th International Conference of the Engineering Integrity Society (Fatigue '00), pp. 575–584, EMAS Publishing, 2000.
- M. Abid and D. H. Nash, “Comparative study of the behaviour of conventional gasketed and compact non-gasketed flanged pipe joints under bolt up and operating conditions,” International Journal of Pressure Vessels and Piping, vol. 80, no. 12, pp. 831–841, 2003.
- M. Abid and D. H. Nash, “Structural strength: gasketed Vs non-gasketed flange joint under bolt up and operating condition,” International Journal of Solids and Structures, vol. 43, pp. 4616–4629, 2006.
- J. Webjörn, “An alternative bolted joint for pipe-work,” Proceedings of the Institution of Mechanical Engineers E, vol. 203, no. 2, pp. 135–138, 1989.
- J. Webjörn, “Discussion—an alternative bolted joint for pipe-work,” Proceedings of the Institution of Mechanical Engineers E, vol. 204, pp. 139–140, 1990.
- ASME, Boiler and Pressure Vessel Code, Section II, Part D, American Society of Mechanical Engineers, New York, NY, USA, 1998.
- ANSYS User’s Manual, ANSYS User’s Manual, SAS IP, 1998.
- R. Simmons, (NASA), 2005, http://analyst.gsfc.nasa.gov/ryan/MOLA/molamode.html.
- J. H. Bickford, An Introduction to the Design and Behaviour of Bolted Joints, Marcel Dekker, 3th edition, 1981.
- M. R. Hatch, Vibration Simulation Using MATLAB and ANSYS, vol. 10, Taylor & Francis Group, 2001.