- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Annual Issues
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Advances in Mechanical Engineering
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 427386, 11 pages
Mechanical Properties of Ti-6Al-4V Octahedral Porous Material Unit Formed by Selective Laser Melting
School of Mechanical and Automobile Engineering, South China University of Technology, Guangzhou 510640, China
Received 2 June 2012; Revised 28 August 2012; Accepted 28 August 2012
Academic Editor: Yung C. Shin
Copyright © 2012 Jianfeng Sun et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- T. Karachalios, C. Tsatsaronis, G. Efraimis, P. Papadelis, G. Lyritis, and G. Diakoumopoulos, “The long-term clinical relevance of calcar atrophy caused by stress shielding in total hip arthroplasty: a 10-year, prospective, randomized study,” Journal of Arthroplasty, vol. 19, no. 4, pp. 469–475, 2004.
- A. Barbas, A. S. Bonnet, P. Lipinski, R. Pesci, and G. Dubois, “Development and mechanical characterization of porous titanium bone substitutes,” Journal of the Mechanical Behavior of Biomedical Materials, vol. 9, no. 4, pp. 34–44, 2012.
- W. Niu, C. Bai, G. Qiu, and Q. Wang, “Processing and properties of porous titanium using space holder technique,” Materials Science and Engineering A, vol. 506, no. 1-2, pp. 148–151, 2009.
- S. W. Yook, H. E. Kim, and Y. H. Koh, “Fabrication of porous titanium scaffolds with high compressive strength using camphene-based freeze casting,” Materials Letters, vol. 63, no. 17, pp. 1502–1504, 2009.
- J. P. Li, J. R. de Wijn, C. A. van Blitterswijk, and K. de Groot, “Porous Ti6Al4V scaffold directly fabricating by rapid prototyping: preparation and in vitro experiment,” Biomaterials, vol. 27, no. 8, pp. 1223–1235, 2006.
- J. Parthasarathy, B. Starly, S. Raman, and A. Christensen, “Mechanical evaluation of porous titanium (Ti6Al4V) structures with electron beam melting (EBM),” Journal of the Mechanical Behavior of Biomedical Materials, vol. 3, no. 3, pp. 249–259, 2010.
- C. C. Ng, M. M. Savalani, M. L. Lau, and H. C. Man, “Microstructure and mechanical properties of selective laser melted magnesium,” Applied Surface Science, vol. 257, no. 17, pp. 7447–7454, 2011.
- E. Brandl, U. Heckenberger, V. Holzinger, and D. Buchbinder, “Additive manufactured AlSi10Mg samples using selective laser melting (SLM): microstructure, high cycle fatigue, and fracture behavior,” Materials & Design, vol. 34, pp. 159–169, 2012.
- K. N. Amato, S. M. Gaytan, and L. E. Murr, “Microstructures and mechanical behavior of Inconel 718 fabricated by selective laser melting,” Acta Materialia, vol. 60, no. 5, pp. 2229–2239, 2012.
- I. Yadroitsev, I. Shishkovsky, P. Bertrand, and I. Smurov, “Manufacturing of fine-structured 3D porous filter elements by selective laser melting,” Applied Surface Science, vol. 255, no. 10, pp. 5523–5527, 2009.
- T. Vilaro, C. Colinb, J. D. Bartout, L. Nazé, and M. Sennour, “Microstructural and mechanical approaches of the selective laser melting process applied to a nickel-base superalloy,” Materials Science and Engineering A, vol. 534, pp. 446–451, 2012.
- I. H. Oh, N. Nomura, N. Masahashi, and S. Hanada, “Mechanical properties of porous titanium compacts prepared by powder sintering,” Scripta Materialia, vol. 49, no. 12, pp. 1197–1202, 2003.
- P. Heinl, L. Müller, C. Körner, R. F. Singer, and F. A. Müller, “Cellular Ti-6Al-4V structures with interconnected macro porosity for bone implants fabricated by selective electron beam melting,” Acta Biomaterialia, vol. 4, no. 5, pp. 1536–1544, 2008.
- B. Otsuki, M. Takemoto, S. Fujibayashi, M. Neo, T. Kokubo, and T. Nakamura, “Pore throat size and connectivity determine bone and tissue ingrowth into porous implants: three-dimensional micro-CT based structural analyses of porous bioactive titanium implants,” Biomaterials, vol. 27, no. 35, pp. 5892–5900, 2006.
- W. Xue, B. V. Krishna, A. Bandyopadhyay, and S. Bose, “Processing and biocompatibility evaluation of laser processed porous titanium,” Acta Biomaterialia, vol. 3, no. 6, pp. 1007–1018, 2007.
- Y. J. Chen, B. Feng, Y. P. Zhu, J. Weng, J. X. Wang, and X. Lu, “Fabrication of porous titanium implants with biomechanical compatibility,” Materials Letters, vol. 63, no. 30, pp. 2659–2661, 2009.
- D. A. Hollander, M. Von Walter, T. Wirtz et al., “Structural, mechanical and in vitro characterization of individually structured Ti-6Al-4V produced by direct laser forming,” Biomaterials, vol. 27, no. 7, pp. 955–963, 2006.
- H. Li and Y. Zhang, “Internal force analysis of space frame structure with reinforced concrete friction energy dissipation braces,” Journal of Southwest Forestry College, vol. 20, no. 4, pp. 237–242, 2000.
- C. Leyens and M. Peters, Titanium and Titanium Alloys, Chemical Industry Press, Beijing, China, 2005.