- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Advances in Mechanical Engineering
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 481280, 8 pages
Slip Flow in Elliptic Microducts with Constant Heat Flux
Department of Industrial Engineering, University of Parma, Parco Area delle Scienze 181/A, 43124 Parma, Italy
Received 28 April 2012; Revised 6 September 2012; Accepted 10 September 2012
Academic Editor: C. T. Nguyen
Copyright © 2012 Marco Spiga and Pamela Vocale. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- E. B. Arkilic, K. S. Breuer, and M. A. Schmidt, “Gaseous flow in microchannels,” in Proceedings of the 1994 International Mechanical Engineering Congress and Exposition, pp. 57–66, November 1994.
- E. B. Arkilic, M. A. Schmidt, and K. S. Breuer, “Gaseous slip flow in long microchannels,” Journal of Microelectromechanical Systems, vol. 6, no. 2, pp. 167–178, 1997.
- T. Araki, M. S. Kim, I. Hiroshi, and K. Suzuki, “An experimental investigation of gaseous flow characteristics in microchannels,” in Proceedings of the International Conference on Heat Transfer and Transport Phenomena in Microscale, pp. 155–161, Begell House, New York, NY ,USA, 2000.
- G. L. Morini, “Single-phase convective heat transfer in microchannels: a review of experimental results,” International Journal of Thermal Sciences, vol. 43, no. 7, pp. 631–651, 2004.
- J. Liu, Y. C. Tai, and C. M. Ho, “MEMS for pressure distribution studies of gaseous flows in microchannels,” in Proceedings of the IEEE Micro Electro Mechanical Systems Conference, pp. 209–215, Amsterdam, The Netherlands, February 1995.
- K. M. Sushanta and S. Chakraborty, Microfluidics and Nanofluidics Handbook—Chemistry, Physics, and Life Science—Principles, CRC Press, 2011.
- E. H. Kennard, Kinetic Theory of Gases, McGraw-Hill, New York, NY, USA, 1938.
- A. K. Sreekanth, “Slip flow through long circular tubes,” in Proceedings of the 6th International Symposium on Rarefied Gas Dynamics, L. Trilling and H. Y. Wachman, Eds., pp. 667–680, Academic Press, New York, NY, USA, 1969.
- R. W. Barber and D. R. Emerson, “A numerical investigation of low Reynolds number gaseous slip flow at the entrance of circular and parallel plate micro-channels,” in Proceedings of the European Conference on Computational Fluid Dynamics (ECCOMAS '01), September 2001.
- W. A. Ebert and E. M. Sparrow, “Slip flow in rectangular and annular ducts,” ASME Journal of Basic Engineering, vol. 87, pp. 1018–1024, 1965.
- Z. Duan and Y. S. Muzychka, “Slip flow in non-circular microchannels,” Microfluidics and Nanofluidics, vol. 3, no. 4, pp. 473–484, 2007.
- G. L. Morini and M. Spiga, “Slip flow in rectangular microtubes,” Microscale Thermophysical Engineering, vol. 2, no. 4, pp. 273–282, 1998.
- G. L. Morini, M. Spiga, and P. Tartarini, “The rarefaction effect on the friction factor of gas flow in microchannels,” Superlattices and Microstructures, vol. 35, no. 3–6, pp. 587–599, 2004.
- G. L. Morini, M. Lorenzini, and M. Spiga, “A criterion for experimental validation of slip-flow models for incompressible rarefied gases through microchannels,” Microfluidics and Nanofluidics, vol. 1, no. 2, pp. 190–196, 2005.
- S. Yu and T. A. Ameel, “Slip flow convection in isoflux rectangular microchannels,” Journal of Heat Transfer, vol. 124, no. 2, pp. 346–355, 2002.
- C. Aubert and S. Colin, “High-order boundary conditions for gaseous flows in rectangular microducts,” Microscale Thermophysical Engineering, vol. 5, no. 1, pp. 41–54, 2001.
- S. Colin, P. Lalonde, and R. Caen, “Validation of a second-order slip flow model in rectangular microchannels,” Heat Transfer Engineering, vol. 25, no. 3, pp. 23–30, 2004.
- L. Ghodoossi and N. Eǧrican, “Prediction of heat transfer characteristics in rectangular microchannels for slip flow regime and H1 boundary condition,” International Journal of Thermal Sciences, vol. 44, no. 6, pp. 513–520, 2005.
- M. Renksizbulut, H. Niazmand, and G. Tercan, “Slip-flow and heat transfer in rectangular microchannels with constant wall temperature,” International Journal of Thermal Sciences, vol. 45, no. 9, pp. 870–881, 2006.
- T. N. Aynur, L. Kuddusi, and N. Eǧrican, “Viscous dissipation effect on heat transfer characteristics of rectangular microchannels under slip flow regime and H1 boundary conditions,” International Journal of Heat and Mass Transfer, vol. 42, no. 12, pp. 1093–1101, 2006.
- L. Kuddusi and E. Çetegen, “Prediction of temperature distribution and Nusselt number in rectangular microchannels at wall slip condition for all versions of constant heat flux,” International Journal of Heat and Fluid Flow, vol. 28, no. 4, pp. 777–786, 2007.
- L. Kuddusi and E. Çetegen, “Thermal and hydrodynamic analysis of gaseous flow in trapezoidal silicon microchannels,” International Journal of Thermal Sciences, vol. 48, no. 2, pp. 353–362, 2009.
- L. Kuddusi, “First and second law analysis of fully developed gaseous slip flow in trapezoidal silicon microchannels considering viscous dissipation effect,” International Journal of Heat and Mass Transfer, vol. 54, no. 1–3, pp. 52–64, 2011.
- Z. Duan and Y. S. Muzychka, “Slip flow in elliptic microchannels,” International Journal of Thermal Sciences, vol. 46, no. 11, pp. 1104–1111, 2007.
- M. Bahrami, M. M. Yovanovich, and J. R. Culham, “Pressure drop of fully-developed, laminar flow in microchannel of arbitrary cross-section,” Journal of Fluids Engineering, vol. 128, no. 5, pp. 1036–1044, 2006.
- M. Bahrami, M. Michael Yovanovich, and J. Richard Culham, “A novel solution for pressure drop in singly connected microchannels of arbitrary cross-section,” International Journal of Heat and Mass Transfer, vol. 50, no. 13-14, pp. 2492–2502, 2007.
- Z. Duan and Y. S. Muzychka, “Models for gaseous slip flow in non-circular microchannels,” in Proceedings of the ASME/JSME Thermal Engineering Summer Heat Transfer Conference (HT '07), pp. 949–962, Vancouver, Canada, July 2007.
- Z. Duan and M. M. Yovanovich, “Pressure drop for laminar flow in microchannels of arbitrary cross-sections,” in Proceedings of the 25th Annual IEEE Semiconductor Thermal Measurement and Management Symposium (SEMI-THERM '09), pp. 111–120, San Jose, Calif, USA, March 2009.
- S. W. Churchill, Viscous Flows, the Practical Use of Theory, Butterworths, Boston, Mass, USA, 1987.