- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Advances in Mechanical Engineering
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 543253, 7 pages
Experimental Study on Chaotic Mixing Created by a New Type of Mixer with Rotational Blades
Department of Mechanical Engineering, Iran University of Science & Technology (IUST), Hengum Street, Resalat Square, Narmak, Tehran 16846-13114, Iran
Received 21 July 2012; Revised 12 October 2012; Accepted 21 October 2012
Academic Editor: Hirosi Noguchi
Copyright © 2012 Payam Rahim Mashaei et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- H. Aref, “Stirring by chaotic advection,” Journal of Fluid Mechanics, vol. 143, pp. 1–21, 1984.
- H. Aref, “The development of chaotic advection,” Physics of Fluids, vol. 14, no. 4, pp. 1315–1325, 2002.
- W. L. Chien, H. Rising, and J. M. Ottino, “Laminar mixing and chaotic mixing in several cavity flows,” Journal of Fluid Mechanics, vol. 170, pp. 355–377, 1986.
- P. D. Swanson and J. M. Ottino, “Comparative computational and experimental study of chaotic mixing of viscous fluids,” Journal of Fluid Mechanics, vol. 213, pp. 227–249, 1990.
- H. Aref and S. Balachandar, “Chaotic advection in a Stokes flow,” Physics of Fluids, vol. 29, no. 11, pp. 3515–3521, 1986.
- P. Dutta and R. Chevray, “Effect of diffusion on chaotic advection in Stokes flow,” Physics of Fluids A, vol. 3, p. 1440, 1991.
- O. S. Galaktionov, V. V. Meleshko, G. W. M. Peters, and H. E. H. Meijer, “Stokes flow in a rectangular cavity with a cylinder,” Fluid Dynamics Research, vol. 24, no. 2, pp. 81–102, 1999.
- K. Takahashi and M. Motoda, “Chaotic mixing created by object inserted in a vessel agitated by an impeller,” Chemical Engineering Research and Design, vol. 87, no. 4, pp. 386–390, 2009.
- Z. Zhang and G. Chen, “Liquid mixing enhancement by chaotic perturbations in stirred tanks,” Chaos, Solitons and Fractals, vol. 36, no. 1, pp. 144–149, 2008.
- T. Y. Hwu, “Chaotic stirring in a new type of mixer with rotating rigid blades,” European Journal of Mechanics, B/Fluids, vol. 27, no. 3, pp. 239–250, 2008.
- P. R. Mashaei, Design and manufacturing of a chaotic mixer for non-Newtonian fluid [M.S. thesis], Iran University of Science and Technology, Tehran, Iran, 2011.