- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Table of Contents
Advances in Mechanical Engineering
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 649215, 10 pages
Fatigue Reliability Assessment of Steel Member Using Probabilistic Stress-Life Method
1Machinery, Metal and Construction Examination Bureau, Korean Intellectual Property Office, Daejeon 302-701, Republic of Korea
2Department of Civil Engineering, Jeonnam National University, Gwangju 500-757, Republic of Korea
3School of Mechanical Engineering, Yeungnam University, Gyeongsan 712-749, Republic of Korea
Received 12 September 2012; Accepted 12 December 2012
Academic Editor: Shandong Tu
Copyright © 2012 Dae-Hung Kang et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- W. Weibull, Fitting of Curves To Observations, Fatigue Testing and Analysis of Results, Pergamon Press, New York, NY, USA, 1961.
- Y. S. Park, S. Y. Han, and B. C. Suh, “Fatigue reliability analysis of steel bridge welding member by fracture mechanics method,” Structural Engineering and Mechanics, vol. 19, no. 3, pp. 347–359, 2005.
- S. Pourzeynali and T. K. Datta, “Reliability analysis of suspension bridges against fatigue failure from the gusting of wind,” Journal of Bridge Engineering, vol. 10, no. 3, pp. 262–271, 2005.
- Y. E. Zhou, “Assessment of bridge remaining fatigue life through field strain measurement,” Journal of Bridge Engineering, vol. 11, no. 6, pp. 737–744, 2006.
- F. Ellyin, Fatigue Damage, Crack Growth and Life Prediction, Chapman & Hall, 2001.
- Ministry of Land, Transport and Maritime Affairs, Specification of Bridge Design in Korea, MLTM Press, 2011.
- M. Lukić and C. Cremona, “Probabilistic assessment of welded joints versus fatigue and fracture,” Journal of Structural Engineering, vol. 127, no. 2, pp. 211–218, 2001.
- H. O. Fuchs and R. I. Stephen, Metal Fatigue in Engineering, John Wiley & Sons, 2000.
- J. F. Limbrunner, R. M. Vogel, and L. C. Brown, “Estimation of harmonic mean of a lognormal variable,” Journal of Hydrologic Engineering, vol. 5, no. 1, pp. 59–66, 2000.
- A. A. Mohammad, Methods For Estimating the Parameters of the Weibull Distribution, Science and Technology, 2000.
- J. E. Gentle, Random Number Generation and Monte Carlo Methods, Springer, 2004.