- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Annual Issues
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Advances in Mechanical Engineering
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 703168, 11 pages
Influence of Process Parameters on Microhardness of Electroless Ni-B Coatings
Department of Mechanical Engineering, Jadavpur University, Kolkata 700032, India
Received 27 April 2012; Revised 12 September 2012; Accepted 25 September 2012
Academic Editor: Shandong Tu
Copyright © 2012 Suman Kalyan Das and Prasanta Sahoo. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- R. C. Agarwala and V. Agarwala, “Electroless alloy/composite coatings: a review,” Sadhana, vol. 28, pp. 475–493, 2003.
- P. Sahoo, “Wear behaviour of electroless Ni-P coatings and optimization of process parameters using Taguchi method,” Materials and Design, vol. 30, no. 4, pp. 1341–1349, 2009.
- T. S. N. S. Narayanan, K. Krishnaveni, and S. K. Seshadri, “Electroless Ni-P/Ni-B duplex coatings: preparation and evaluation of microhardness, wear and corrosion resistance,” Materials Chemistry and Physics, vol. 82, no. 3, pp. 771–779, 2003.
- K. Krishnaveni, T. S. N. Sankara Narayanan, and S. K. Seshadri, “Electroless Ni-B coatings: preparation and evaluation of hardness and wear resistance,” Surface and Coatings Technology, vol. 190, no. 1, pp. 115–121, 2005.
- K. N. Srinivasan, R. Meenakshi, A. Santhi, P. R. Thangavelu, and S. John, “Studies on development of electroless Ni-B bath for corrosion resistance and wear resistance applications,” Surface Engineering, vol. 26, no. 3, pp. 153–158, 2010.
- G. O. Mallory and J. B. Hadju, Electroless Plating: Fundamentals and Applications, AESF, Orlando, Fla, USA, 1991.
- M. Anik, E. Körpe, and E. Şen, “Effect of coating bath composition on the properties of electroless nickel-boron films,” Surface and Coatings Technology, vol. 202, no. 9, pp. 1718–1727, 2008.
- B. Oraon, G. Majumdar, and B. Ghosh, “Improving hardness of electroless Ni-B coatings using optimized deposition conditions and annealing,” Materials and Design, vol. 29, no. 7, pp. 1412–1418, 2008.
- A. F. Kanta, V. Vitry, and F. Delaunois, “Effect of thermochemical and heat treatments on electroless nickel-boron,” Materials Letters, vol. 63, no. 30, pp. 2662–2665, 2009.
- F. Delaunois and P. Lienard, “Heat treatments for electroless nickel-boron plating on aluminium alloys,” Surface and Coatings Technology, vol. 160, no. 2-3, pp. 239–248, 2002.
- C. T. Dervos, J. Novakovic, and P. Vassiliou, “Vacuum heat treatment of electroless Ni-B coatings,” Materials Letters, vol. 58, no. 5, pp. 619–623, 2004.
- Y. Sawa, K. Yamashita, T. Kitadani, D. Noda, and T. Hattori, “Fabrication of high hardness Ni mold with electroless nickel-boron thin layer,” Microsystem Technologies, vol. 16, no. 8-9, pp. 1369–1375, 2010.
- K. Brunelli, M. Dabalà, F. Dughiero, and M. Magrini, “Diffusion treatment of Ni-B coatings by induction heating to harden the surface of Ti-6Al-4V alloy,” Materials Chemistry and Physics, vol. 115, no. 1, pp. 467–472, 2009.
- B. Kaya, T. Gulmez, and M. Demirkol, “Study on the electroless Ni-B nano-composite coatings,” in Proceedings of the International Conference on Advances in Engineering Technologies (WCECS '08), World Congress on Engineering and Computer Science, pp. 62–73, San Francisco, Calif, USA, October 2008.
- M. Abdeli, N. P. Ahmadi, and R. A. Khosroshahi, “Study of chemical composition and heat treatment of electroless Ni-B-Ti alloy coating on AISI 316 stainless steel,” Surface Engineering, vol. 25, no. 2, pp. 127–130, 2009.
- W. X. Zhang, Z. H. Jiang, G. Y. Li, Q. Jiang, and J. S. Lian, “Electroless Ni-P/Ni-B duplex coatings for improving the hardness and the corrosion resistance of AZ91D magnesium alloy,” Applied Surface Science, vol. 254, no. 16, pp. 4949–4955, 2008.
- M. V. Ivanov, “Electroless nickel-boron-phosphorus coatings: protective and functional properties,” Zashchita Metallov, vol. 37, no. 6, pp. 654–658, 2001.
- B. Jiang, L. Xiao, S. Hu, J. Peng, H. Zhang, and M. Wang, “Optimization and kinetics of electroless Ni-P-B plating of quartz optical fiber,” Optical Materials, vol. 31, no. 10, pp. 1532–1539, 2009.
- V. Vitry, F. Delaunois, and C. Dumortier, “Mechanical properties and scratch test resistance of nickel-boron coated aluminium alloy after heat treatments,” Surface and Coatings Technology, vol. 202, no. 14, pp. 3316–3324, 2008.
- G. Taguchi, Introduction to Quality Engineering, Asian Productivity Organization, Hong Kong, China, 1990.
- P. J. Ross, Taguchi Techniques for Quality Engineering, McGraw Hill, New York, NY, USA, 1996.
- R. K. Roy, A Primer on the Taguchi Method, Dearborn, Society of Manufacturing Engineers, Ann Arbor, Mich, USA, 1990.
- D. C. Montgomery, Design and Analysis of Experiments, Wiley, New York, NY, USA, 2001.
- S. Ziyuan, W. Deqing, and D. Zhimin, “Surface strengthening pure copper by Ni-B coating,” Applied Surface Science, vol. 221, no. 1–4, pp. 62–68, 2004.
- Q. L. Rao, H. W. Wang, and R. H. Zhou, “Structure transformations and property of electroless Ni-B coating,” Cailiao Gongcheng, no. 6, pp. 30–33, 2000.
- C. Dominguez-Rios, R. Torres-Sanchez, and A. Aguilar-Elguezabal, “Characterization of the film of Ni-B electroless on steel S7 through optical microscopy and scanning electron microscopy,” ECS Transactions, vol. 3, no. 25, pp. 117–122, 2007.