- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Table of Contents
Advances in Mechanical Engineering
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 734510, 7 pages
Vertical Vibration Model for Unsteady Lubrication in Rolls-Strip Interface of Cold Rolling Mills
1School of Automation and Electrical Engineering, University of Science and Technology Beijing, Beijing 100083, China
2Key Laboratory of Advanced Control of Iron and Steel Process (Ministry of Education), University of Science and Technology Beijing, Beijing 100083, China
Received 6 October 2012; Accepted 23 November 2012
Academic Editor: Koshi Adachi
Copyright © 2012 Xu Yang et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- Y. K. Sun, Computer Control of Cold Tandem Strip Rolling Mill, Metallurgical Industry Press, Beijing, China, 2002.
- J. L. Sun, Y. Peng, and H. M. Liu, “Non-linear vibration and stability of moving strip with time-dependent tension in rolling process,” Journal of Iron and Steel Research International, vol. 17, no. 6, pp. 11–15, 2010.
- Y. Chen, T. Shi, and S. Yang, “Study on parametrically excited nonlinear vibrations on 4 h cold rolling mills,” Chinese Journal of Mechanical Engineering, vol. 39, no. 4, pp. 56–60, 2003.
- Y. Kimura, Y. Sodani, N. Nishiura, N. Ikeuchi, and Y. Mihara, “Analysis of chatter in tandem cold rolling mills,” ISIJ International, vol. 43, no. 1, pp. 77–84, 2003.
- J. X. Zou and L. J. Xu, Vibration in Rolling Mills, Metallurgical Industry Press, Beijing, China, 1998.
- A. Światoniowski and A. Bar, “Parametrical excitement vibration in tandem mills - Mathematical model and its analysis,” Journal of Materials Processing Technology, vol. 134, no. 2, pp. 214–224, 2003.
- H. Zhao and K. F. Ehmann, “Single- and multi-stand chatter models in tandem rolling mills,” in ASME International Manufacturing Science and Engineering Conference, MSEC2008, pp. 627–637, usa, October 2008.
- P. A. Meehan, “Vibration instability in rolling mills: modeling and experimental results,” Journal of Vibration and Acoustics, Transactions of the ASME, vol. 124, no. 2, pp. 221–228, 2002.
- J. Awrejcewicz and J. Delfs, “Dynamics of a self-excited stick-slip oscillator with two degrees of freedom. Part I. Investigation of equilibria,” European Journal of Mechanics, A/Solids, vol. 9, no. 4, pp. 269–282, 1990.
- J. Awrejcewicz and J. Delfs, “Dynamics of a self-excited stick-slip oscillator with two degrees of freedom. Part II. Slip-stick, slip-slip, stick-slip transitions, periodic and chaotic orbits,” European Journal of Mechanics, A/Solids, vol. 9, no. 5, pp. 397–418, 1990.
- A. K. Tieu and Y. J. Liu, “Friction variation in the cold-rolling process,” Tribology International, vol. 37, no. 2, pp. 177–183, 2004.
- P. H. Hu and K. F. Ehmann, “Dynamic model of the rolling process. Part I: homogeneous model,” International Journal of Machine Tools and Manufacture, vol. 40, no. 1, pp. 1–19, 2000.
- V. B. Ginzburg, Flat-Rolled Steel Processes. Advanced Technologies, CRC Press, New York, NY, USA, 2009.
- X. Yang and C. N. Tong, “Coupling dynamic model and control of chatter in cold rolling,” Transaction of ASME: Journal of Dynamic Systems, Measurement, and Control, vol. 134, no. 4, Article ID 041001, 2012.
- Q. Y. Wang, H. J. Huang, and Z. H. Li, “Control of mill vibration for unsteady lubrication based on metal-forming processes,” Journal of Central South University (Science and Technology), vol. 41, no. 4, pp. 1418–1423, 2010 (Chinese).
- X. C. Tan, X. T. Yan, N. P. Juster, S. Raghunathan, and J. Wang, “Dynamic friction model and its application in flat rolling,” Journal of Materials Processing Technology, vol. 207, no. 1–3, pp. 222–234, 2008.
- S. K. Dwivedy, S. S. Dhutekar, and P. Eberhard, “Numerical investigation of chatter in cold rolling mills. Materials with complex behavior II,” Advanced Structure Materials, vol. 16, pp. 213–227, 2012.
- G. Kudra and J. Awrejcewicz, “Tangens hyperbolicus approximations of the spatial model of friction coupled with rolling resistance,” International Journal of Bifurcation and Chaos, vol. 21, no. 10, pp. 2905–2917, 2011.