- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Table of Contents
Advances in Mechanical Engineering
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 918342, 10 pages
Numerical Analysis of Mixed Convection through an Internally Finned Tube
Institute of Technical Education and Research, SOA University, Jagamara, Bhubaneswar 751 030, India
Received 5 April 2012; Revised 20 June 2012; Accepted 24 June 2012
Academic Editor: Oronzio Manca
Copyright © 2012 Sachindra Kumar Rout et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- F. J. Smit and J. P. Meyer, “R-22 and zeotropic R-22/R-142b mixture condensation in microfin, high-fin, and twisted tape insert tubes,” Journal of Heat Transfer, vol. 124, no. 5, pp. 912–921, 2002.
- J. E. O'Brien and M. S. Sohal, “Heat transfer enchancement for finned-tube heat exchangers with winglets,” Journal of Heat Transfer, vol. 127, no. 2, pp. 171–178, 2005.
- P. Chu, Y. L. He, and W. Q. Tao, “Three-dimensional numerical study of flow and heat transfer enhancement using vortex generators in fin-and-tube heat exchangers,” Journal of Heat Transfer, vol. 131, no. 9, Article ID 091903, 9 pages, 2009.
- J. He, L. Liu, and A. M. Jacobi, “Air-side heat-transfer enhancement by a new winglet-type vortex generator array in a plain-fin round-tube heat exchanger,” Journal of Heat Transfer, vol. 132, no. 7, Article ID 071801, 9 pages, 2010.
- T. M. Liou, C. C. Chen, and T. W. Tsai, “Heat transfer and fluid flow in a square duct with 12 different shaped vortex generators,” Journal of Heat Transfer, vol. 122, no. 2, pp. 327–335, 2000.
- L. Bilir, B. Ozerdem, A. Erek, and Z. Ilken, “Heat transfer and pressure drop characteristics of fin-tube heat exchangers with different types of vortex generator configurations,” Journal of Enhanced Heat Transfer, vol. 17, no. 3, pp. 243–256, 2010.
- H. A. Mohammed and Y. K. Salman, “Free and forced convection heat transfer in the thermal entry region for laminar flow inside a circular cylinder horizontally oriented,” Energy Conversion and Management, vol. 48, no. 7, pp. 2185–2195, 2007.
- Y. Zhu and Y. Li, “Three-dimensional numerical simulation on the laminar flow and heat transfer in four basic fins of plate-fin heat exchangers,” Journal of Heat Transfer, vol. 130, no. 11, Article ID 111801, 8 pages, 2008.
- K. Tatsumi, M. Yamaguchi, Y. Nishino, and K. Nakabe, “Flow and heat transfer characteristics of a channel with cut fins,” Journal of Enhanced Heat Transfer, vol. 17, no. 2, pp. 153–168, 2010.
- W. K. S. Chiu, C. J. Richards, and Y. Jaluria, “Experimental and numerical study of conjugate heat transfer in a horizontal channel heated from below,” Journal of Heat Transfer, vol. 123, no. 4, pp. 688–697, 2001.
- C. Silva, D. Park, E. Marotta, and L. Fletcher, “Optimization of fin performance in a laminar channel flow through dimpled surfaces,” Journal of Heat Transfer, vol. 131, no. 2, Article ID 021702, 9 pages, 2009.
- B. A. K. Abu-Hijleh, “Natural convection heat transfer from a cylinder with high conductivity permeable fins,” Journal of Heat Transfer, vol. 125, no. 2, pp. 282–288, 2003.
- V. D. Sakalis and P. M. Hatzikonstantinou, “Laminar heat transfer in the entrance region of internally finned square ducts,” Journal of Heat Transfer, vol. 123, no. 6, pp. 1030–1034, 2001.
- C. Sun, B. Yu, H. F. Oztop, Y. Wang, and J. Wei, “Control of mixed convection in lid-driven enclosures using conductive triangular fins,” International Journal of Heat and Mass Transfer, vol. 54, no. 4, pp. 894–909, 2011.
- D. Park, C. Silvas, E. Marotta, and L. Fletcher, “Study of laminar forced convection heat transfer for dimpled heat sinks,” Journal of Thermophysics and Heat Transfer, vol. 22, no. 2, pp. 262–270, 2008.
- S. C. Haldar, G. S. Kochhar, K. Manohar, and R. K. Sahoo, “Numerical study of laminar free convection about a horizontal cylinder with longitudinal fins of finite thickness,” International Journal of Thermal Sciences, vol. 46, no. 7, pp. 692–698, 2007.
- E. Duplain and B. R. Baliga, “Computational optimization of the thermal performance of internally finned ducts,” International Journal of Heat and Mass Transfer, vol. 52, no. 17-18, pp. 3929–3942, 2009.
- X. Liu and M. K. Jensen, “Geometry effects on turbulent flow and heat transfer in internally finned tubes,” Journal of Heat Transfer, vol. 123, no. 6, pp. 1035–1044, 2001.
- D. P. Mishra and S. K. Dash, “Maximum air suction into a louvered funnel through optimum design,” Journal of Ship Research, vol. 56, no. 1, pp. 1–11, 2012.
- S. K. Dash, “Heatline visualization in turbulent flow,” International Journal of Numerical Methods for Heat and Fluid Flow, vol. 6, no. 4, pp. 37–46, 1996.
- M. Dogan and M. Sivrioglu, “Experimental investigation of mixed convection heat transfer from longitudinal fins in a horizontal rectangular channel,” International Journal of Heat and Mass Transfer, vol. 53, no. 9-10, pp. 2149–2158, 2010.
- P. Incropera and D. P. DeWitt, Fundamental of Heat and Mass Transfer, John Wiley & Sons, 5th edition, 2006.