- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Advances in Mechanical Engineering
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 937917, 9 pages
Power Balancing of Inline Multicylinder Diesel Engine
1Department of Mechanical Engineering, M. E. Society's College of Engineering, Pune 411001, India
2Department of Mechanical Engineering, Government College of Engineering, Pune 411005, India
Received 26 July 2012; Accepted 3 October 2012
Academic Editor: Mehdi Ahmadian
Copyright © 2012 S. H. Gawande et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- J. Williams, “An overview of misfiring cylinder engine diagnostic techniques based on crankshaft angular velocity measurements,” SAE Technical Paper 960039, 1996.
- M. J. van Nieuwstadt and I. Kolmanovsky, “Cylinder balancing of direct injection engines,” in Proceedings of the American Control Conference (ACC'99), pp. 202–206, San Diego, Calif, USA, June 1999.
- M. J. van Nieuwstadt and I. Kolmanovsky, “Detecting and correcting cylinder imbalance in direct injection engines,” ASME Journal of Dynamic Systems, Measurement and Control, vol. 123, no. 3, pp. 413–424, 2001.
- E. G. Giakoumis, C. D. Rakopoulos, and A. M. Dimaratos, “Study of crankshaft torsional deformation under steady-state and transient operation of turbocharged diesel engines,” Proceedings of the Institution of Mechanical Engineers K, vol. 222, no. 1, pp. 17–30, 2008.
- F. Östman and H. T. Toivonen, “Adaptive cylinder balancing of internal combustion engines,” IEEE Transactions on Control Systems Technology, vol. 19, no. 4, pp. 782–791, 2011.
- J. A. Mancuso, Couplings and Joints, Design, Selection & Application, Marcel Dekker, New York, NY, USA, 2nd edition, 1999.
- Y. W. Kim, G. Rizzoni, and Y. Y. Wang, “Design of an IC engine torque estimator using unknown input observer,” ASME Journal of Dynamic Systems, Measurement and Control, vol. 121, no. 3, pp. 487–495, 1999.
- D. Taraza, N. Henein, and W. Bryzik, “Diesel engine diagnostics based on analysis of the crankshaft's speed variations,” SAE Paper 982540, 1998.
- A. K. Sen, R. Longwic, G. Litak, and K. Górski, “Analysis of cycle-to-cycle pressure oscillations in a diesel engine,” Mechanical Systems and Signal Processing, vol. 22, no. 2, pp. 362–373, 2008.
- V. Macián, J. M. Luján, C. Guardiola, and P. Yuste, “DFT-based controller for fuel injection unevenness correction in turbocharged diesel engines,” IEEE Transactions on Control Systems Technology, vol. 14, no. 5, pp. 819–827, 2006.
- U. Kiencke and L. Nielson, Automotive Control Systems: For Engine, Driveline and Vehicle, Springer, Milan, Italy, 2005.
- C. Haller, “Diesel engine analysis guideline,” EPRI Report TR-107135, 2006.
- A. P. Carlucci, F. F. Chiara, and D. Laforgia, “Analysis of the relation between injection parameter variation and block vibration of an internal combustion diesel engine,” Journal of Sound and Vibration, vol. 295, no. 1-2, pp. 141–164, 2006.
- G. Rizzoni, “Estimate of indicated torque from crankshaft speed fluctuations: a model for the dynamics of the IC engine,” IEEE Transactions on Vehicular Technology, vol. 38, no. 3, pp. 168–179, 1989.
- F. T. Connolly and G. Rizzoni, “Real time estimation of engine torque for the detection of engine misfires,” ASME Journal of Dynamic Systems, Measurement and Control, vol. 116, no. 4, pp. 675–686, 1994.
- G. Rizzoni, S. Drakunov, and Y. Y. Wang, “On-line estimation of indicated torque in IC engines via sliding mode observers,” in Proceedings of the American Control Conference, pp. 2123–2127, Seattle, Wash, USA, June 1995.
- F. Kimmich, A. Schwarte, and R. Isermann, “Fault detection for modern diesel engines using signal- and process model-based methods,” Control Engineering Practice, vol. 13, no. 2, pp. 189–203, 2005.
- J. Yang, L. Pu, Z. Wang, Y. Zhou, and X. Yan, “Fault detection in a diesel engine by analysing the instantaneous angular speed,” Mechanical Systems and Signal Processing, vol. 15, no. 3, pp. 549–564, 2001.
- H. Straky, Fault detection and fault correction for cylinder balancing in a common-rail diesel engine [M.S. thesis], University of Karlsruhe, 1997.
- S. H. Gawande, L. G. Navale, M. R. Nandgaonkar, D. S. Butala, and S. Kunamalla, “Fault detection of inline reciprocating diesel engine: a mass and gas torque approach,” Advances in Acoustics and Vibration, vol. 2012, Article ID 314706, 6 pages, 2012.