- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Annual Issues
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Advances in Mechanical Engineering
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 950452, 12 pages
Experimental Visualization of the Flow Structure for Jet in Crossflow with a Curved Hole Passage
Key Laboratory of Condition Monitor and Control for Power Plant Equipments, Power and Mechanical Engineering,
School of Energy, North China Electric Power University, Beijing 102206, China
Received 4 July 2012; Accepted 19 September 2012
Academic Editor: C. T. Nguyen
Copyright © 2012 Jun Yu Liang and Shun Kang. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- R. Fearn and R. P. Weston, “Vorticity Associated with a jet in a cross flow,” AIAA Journal, vol. 12, no. 12, pp. 1666–1671, 1974.
- G. Bergeles, A. D. Gosman, and B. E. Launder, “The near-field character of a jet discharged normal to a main stream,” Journal of Heat Transfer, vol. 98, no. 3, pp. 373–378, 1976.
- Y. Kamotani and I. Greber, “Experiments on a turbulent jet in a cross flow,” AIAA Journal, vol. 10, no. 11, pp. 1425–1429, 1972.
- J. Andreopoulos and W. Rodi, “Experimental investigation of jets in a crossflow,” Journal of Fluid Mechanics, vol. 138, pp. 93–127, 1984.
- P. K. Snyder and K. L. Orloff, “Three-dimensional laser Doppler anemometer measurements of a jet in a crossflow,” NASA TM 85,997, 1984.
- T. F. Fric and A. Roshko, “Vortical structure in the wake of a transverse jet,” Journal of Fluid Mechanics, vol. 279, pp. 1–47, 1994.
- R. M. Kelso, C. Delo, and A. J. Smits, “Unsteady wake structures in transverse jets,” in Proceedings of the AGARD Symposium on Computational and Experimental Assessment of Jets in Cross Flow, Winchester, UK, April 1993, AGARD-CP-534.
- R. J. Margason, “Fifty years of jet in crossflow research,” in Proceedings of the AGARD Symposium on Computational and Experimental Assessment of Jets in Cross Flow, Winchester, UK, April 1993, AGARD-CP-534.
- A. R. Karagozian, “Transverse jets and their control,” Progress in Energy and Combustion Science, vol. 36, no. 5, pp. 531–553, 2010.
- T. H. New, T. T. Lim, and S. C. Luo, “Effects of jet velocity profiles on a round jet in cross-flow,” Experiments in Fluids, vol. 40, no. 6, pp. 859–875, 2006.
- S. L. V. Coelho and J. C. R. Hunt, “Dynamics of the near field of strong jets in crossflows,” Journal of Fluid Mechanics, vol. 200, pp. 95–120, 1989.
- S. H. Smith and M. G. Mungal, “Mixing, structure and scaling of the jet in crossflow,” Journal of Fluid Mechanics, vol. 357, pp. 83–122, 1998.
- B. A. Haven and M. Kurosaka, “Improved jet coverage through vortex cancellation,” AIAA Journal, vol. 34, no. 11, pp. 2443–2444, 1996.
- S. D. Peterson and M. W. Plesniak, “Short-hole jet-in-crossflow velocity field and its relationship to film-cooling performance,” Experiments in Fluids, vol. 33, no. 6, pp. 889–898, 2002.
- S. Kang, “Numerical investigation of the 3D flow structures nearby cooling hole,” Asian Joint Conference on Propulsion and Power, AJCPP2006-22084.
- W. R. Dean, “Note on the motion of fluid in a curved pipe,” Philosophical Magazine, vol. 20, pp. 208–223, 1927.
- J. Y. Liang, S. Kang, and L. Ma, “Numerical investigation of the flow over curved rectangular cooling hole,” Journal of Engineering Thermophysics, vol. 31, no. 2, pp. 251–255, 2010 (Chinese).
- J. Y. Liang and S. Kang, “Correlation and spectra analysis for jet in cross flow based on DES results,” in Proceedings of the 4th Symposium on Hybrid RANS-LES Methods, Beijing, China, September 2011.
- J. Y. Liang and S. Kang, “Detached eddy simulation of the single cooling hole in flat plate,” Journal of Engineering Thermophysics, vol. 32, no. 3, pp. 395–398, 2011 (Chinese).
- G. Haller, “An objective definition of a vortex,” Journal of Fluid Mechanics, vol. 525, pp. 1–26, 2005.
- S. J. Kline and F. A. McClintock, “Describing uncertainties in single-sample experiments,” Mechanical Engineering, vol. 75, pp. 3–8, 1953.