- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Advances in Mechanical Engineering
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 282313, 9 pages
Cooling Performance Characteristics on Mobile Air-Conditioning System for Hybrid Electric Vehicles
1Korea Automotive Technology Institute, 74 Yongjung-Ri, Pungse-Myun, Dongnam-Gu, Chonan-si 330-012, Republic of Korea
2Department of Mechanical Engineering, Dong-A University, 37 Nakdong-Daero 550 Beon-Gil Saha-Gu, Busan 604-714, Republic of Korea
Received 4 October 2012; Accepted 29 January 2013
Academic Editor: Hakan F. Oztop
Copyright © 2013 Ho-Seong Lee and Moo-Yeon Lee. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- S. C. Kim, J. P. Won, Y. S. Park, T. W. Lim, and M. S. Kim, “Performance evaluation of a stack cooling system using CO2 air conditioner in fuel cell vehicles,” International Journal of Refrigeration, vol. 32, no. 1, pp. 70–77, 2009.
- S. Takahisa and I. Katsuya, “Air conditioning system for electric vehicle,” SAE Technical Paper 960688, Detroit, Mich, USA, 1996.
- G. Lorentzen and J. Pettersen, “A new, efficient and environmentally benign system for car air-conditioning,” International Journal of Refrigeration, vol. 16, no. 1, pp. 4–12, 1993.
- G. Lorentzen, “The use of natural refrigerants: a complete solution to the CFC/HCFC predicament,” International Journal of Refrigeration, vol. 18, no. 3, pp. 190–197, 1995.
- J. S. Kim, D. W. Lee, and S. Y. Yoo, “An experimental study on performance of automotive air conditioning system by using R-134a and R-152a,” in Proceeding of SAREK Summer Conference,, pp. 29–35, 2006.
- P. S. Lawrence, G. Mahmoud, A. James, and S. K. Prasad, “On-vehicle performance comparison of an R-152a and R-134a heat pump system,” SAE 2003-01-0733, 2003.
- J. K. Lee, D. H. Lee, H. K. Lee et al., “Effects of operating parameters on cooling performance of a transcritical CO2 mobile air conditioning system,” in Proceedings of the KSME Annual Meeting, pp. 2476–2482, 2006.
- J. Steven Brown, S. F. Yana-Motta, and P. A. Domanski, “Comparitive analysis of an automotive air conditioning systems operating with CO2 and R134a,” International Journal of Refrigeration, vol. 25, no. 1, pp. 19–32, 2002.
- C. W. Cho, H. S. Lee, J. P. Won, and M. Y. Lee, “Measurement and evaluation of heating performance of heat pump systems using wasted heat from electric devices for an electric bus,” Energies, vol. 5, pp. 658–669, 2012.
- S. C. Kim, M. S. Kim, I. C. Hwang, and T. W. Lim, “Performance evaluation of a CO2 heat pump system for fuel cell vehicles considering the heat exchanger arrangements,” International Journal of Refrigeration, vol. 30, no. 7, pp. 1195–1206, 2007.
- H. S. Lee, J. W. Cho, J. P. Won, and M. Y. Lee, “Study on cooling performance characteristics of air conditioning system using R744 for a passenger vehicle,” Journal of the Korea Academia-Industrial cooperation Society, vol. 12, no. 12, pp. 5457–5463, 2011.
- ANSI/AMCA 210, Laboratory Methods of Testing Fans For Rating, ANSI, Arlington, Va, USA, 1985.
- R. J. Moffat, “Uncertainty analysis in the planning of an experiment,” Journal of Fluids Engineering, vol. 107, no. 2, pp. 173–178, 1983.
- H. H. Cho, M. Y. Lee, and Y. C. Kim, “Numerical evaluation on the performance of advanced CO2 cycles in the cooling mode,” Applied Thermal Engineering, vol. 31, no. 4, pp. 734–741, 2009.
- H. S. Lee, J. P. Won, C. W. Cho, Y. C. Kim, and M. Y. Lee, “Heating performance characteristics of stack coolant source heat pump using R744 for fuel cell electric vehicles,” Journal of Mechanical Science and Technology, vol. 26, no. 7, pp. 2065–2071, 2012.
- M. Park, S. C. Kim, D. W. Kim, and M. S. Kim, “Studies on the steady state and dynamic characteristics of a carbon dioxide air-conditioning system for vehicles,” Transactions of the Korean Society of Mechanical Engineers, B, vol. 31, no. 6, pp. 531–538, 2007.
- ASHRAE Standard 116, Methods of Testing for Seasonal Efficiency of Unitary Air-Conditioners and Heat Pumps, ASHRAE, Atlanta, Ga, USA, 1983.
- H. S. Lee, C. W. Cho, J. P. Won, and M. Y. Lee, “Study on cooling performance characteristics of air conditioning system using R744 for a passenger vehicle,” Journal of the Korea Academic Industrial Cooperation Society, vol. 12, no. 12, pp. 5457–5463, 2011.
- P. Nekså, “CO2 heat pump systems,” International Journal of Refrigeration, vol. 25, no. 4, pp. 421–427, 2002.
- H. H. Cho, Study on the performance improvement of a transcritical CO2 heat pump [Ph.D. thesis], Korea University, 2005.
- W. W. Yang, A. Fartaj, and D. S. Ting, “CO2 automotive A/C system optimum high pressure control,” SAE 2005-01-2022, 2005.
- J. Yin, Y. C. Park, D. Boewe et al., “Experimental and model comparison of transcritical CO2 versus R134a and R410 system performance,” in Proceedings of the 3rd IIR-Gustav Lorentzen Conference on Natural Working Fluids, pp. 331–340, Oslo, Norway, 1998.