- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Advances in Mechanical Engineering
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 310362, 12 pages
Reduced-Order Computational Model for Low-Frequency Dynamics of Automobiles
1Laboratoire Modélisation et Simulation Multi-Echelle, Université Paris-Est, MSME UMR 8208 CNRS, 5 Boulevard Descartes, 77454 Marne-la-Valle, France
2PSA Peugeot Citroën, Direction Technique et Industrielle, Centre Technique de Vélizy A, Route de Gisy, 78140 Vélizy Villacoublay, France
Received 23 February 2013; Accepted 5 July 2013
Academic Editor: Indra Vir Singh
Copyright © 2013 A. Arnoux et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- J. Argyris and H. P. Mlejnek, Dynamics of Structures, North-Holland, Amsterdam, The Netherlands, 1991.
- R. R. Craig and A. J. Kurdila, Fundmentals of Structural Dynamics, John Wiley & Sons, Hoboken, NJ, USA, 2nd edition, 2006.
- L. Meirovitch, Dynamics and Control of Structures, Wiley, New York, NY, USA, 1990.
- H. J. P. Morand and R. Ohayon, Fluid Structure Interaction, Wiley, New York, NY, USA, 1995.
- R. Ohayon and C. Soize, Structural Acoustics and Vibration. Mechanical Models Variational Formulations and Discretization, Academic Press, San Diego, Calif, USA, 1998.
- M. Bampton and R. Craig Jr., “Coupling of substructures for dynamic analyses,” AIAA Journal, vol. 6, no. 7, pp. 1313–1319, 1968.
- S. Donders, R. Hadjit, M. Brughmans, L. Hermans, and W. Desmet, “A wave-based sub-structuring approach for fast vehicle body optimisation,” International Journal of Vehicle Design, vol. 43, no. 1–4, pp. 100–115, 2007.
- C. Farhat and M. Geradin, “On a component mode synthesis method and its application to incompatible substructures,” Computers and Structures, vol. 51, no. 5, pp. 459–473, 1994.
- W. C. Hurty, “Dynamic analysis of structural systems using component modes,” AIAA Journal, vol. 3, no. 4, pp. 678–685, 1965.
- S.-K. Hong, B. I. Epureanu, M. P. Castanier, and D. J. Gorsich, “Parametric reduced-order models for predicting the vibration response of complex structures with component damage and uncertainties,” Journal of Sound and Vibration, vol. 330, no. 6, pp. 1091–1110, 2011.
- R. H. MacNeal, “A hybrid method of component mode synthesis,” Computers and Structures, vol. 1, no. 4, pp. 581–601, 1971.
- R. Ohayon, R. Sampaio, and C. Soize, “Dynamic substructuring of damped structures using singular value decomposition,” Journal of Applied Mechanics, vol. 64, no. 2, pp. 292–298, 1997.
- S. Rubin, Dynamic Stiffness and Substructures, Springer, New York, NY, USA, 1975.
- S. Rubin, “Improved component-mode representation for structural dynamic analysis,” AIAA Journal, vol. 13, no. 8, pp. 995–1006, 1975.
- W.-H. Shyu, J. Gu, G. M. Hulbert, and Z.-D. Ma, “On the use of multiple quasi-static mode compensation sets for component mode synthesis of complex structures,” Finite Elements in Analysis and Design, vol. 35, no. 2, pp. 119–140, 2000.
- M. Wamsler, “On the selection of the mode cut-off number in component mode reduction,” Engineering with Computers, vol. 25, no. 2, pp. 139–146, 2009.
- I. Bucher and S. G. Braun, “Left eigenvectors: extraction from measurements and physical interpretation,” Journal of Applied Mechanics, vol. 64, no. 1, pp. 97–104, 1997.
- Y. Hahn and N. Kikuchi, “Identification of global modeshape from a few nodal eigenvectors using simple free-form deformation,” Engineering with Computers, vol. 21, no. 2, pp. 115–128, 2005.
- N. Bouhaddi and R. Fillod, “A method for selecting master DOF in dynamic substructuring using the Guyan condensation method,” Computers and Structures, vol. 45, no. 5-6, pp. 941–946, 1992.
- W. Li, “A degree selection method of matrix condensations for eigenvalue problems,” Journal of Sound and Vibration, vol. 259, no. 2, pp. 409–425, 2003.
- J. H. Ong, “Improved automatic masters for eigenvalue economization,” Finite Elements in Analysis and Design, vol. 3, no. 2, pp. 149–160, 1987.
- H. C. Chan, C. W. Cai, and Y. K. Cheung, “Convergence studies of dynamic analysis by using the finite element method with lumped mass matrix,” Journal of Sound and Vibration, vol. 165, no. 2, pp. 193–207, 1993.
- T. Belytschko and W. L. Mindle, “Flexural wave propagation behavior of lumped mass approximations,” Computers and Structures, vol. 12, no. 6, pp. 805–812, 1980.
- M. S. Jensen, “High convergence order finite elements with lumped mass matrix,” International Journal for Numerical Methods in Engineering, vol. 39, no. 11, pp. 1879–1888, 1996.
- C. Soize and A. Batou, “Stochastic reduced-order model in low-frequency dynamics in presence of numerous local elastic modes,” Journal of Applied Mechanics, vol. 78, no. 6, Article ID 061003, 2011.
- A. Arnoux, Réduction des modèles numériques en dynamique linéaire basse fréquence des automobiles [Ph.D. thesis], Université Paris-Est, 2012.
- C. Soize, “Nonparametric model of random uncertainties for reduced matrix models in structural dynamics,” Probabilistic Engineering Mechanics, vol. 15, no. 3, pp. 277–294, 2000.
- C. Soize, Stochastic Models of Uncertainties in Computational Mechanics, vol. 2 of Lecture Notes in Mechanics, Engineering Mechanics Institute (EMI) of the American Society of Civil Engineers (ASCE), Reston, Va, USA, 2012.
- J.-F. Durand, C. Soize, and L. Gagliardini, “Structural-acoustic modeling of automotive vehicles in presence of uncertainties and experimental identification and validation,” Journal of the Acoustical Society of America, vol. 124, no. 3, pp. 1513–1525, 2008.
- C. Fernandez, C. Soize, and L. Gagliardini, “Fuzzy structure theory modeling of sound-insulation layers in complex vibroacoustic uncertain systems: theory and experimental validation,” Journal of the Acoustical Society of America, vol. 125, no. 1, pp. 138–153, 2009.
- M. Kassem, C. Soize, and L. Gagliardini, “Energy-density field approach for low- and medium-frequency vibroacoustic analysis of complex structures using a statistical computational model,” Journal of Sound and Vibration, vol. 323, no. 3–5, pp. 849–863, 2009.
- J. A. Sethian and A. Vladimirsky, “Fast methods for the Eikonal and related Hamilton-Jacobi equations on unstructured meshes,” Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America, vol. 97, no. 11, pp. 5699–5703, 2000.
- R. Kimmel and J. A. Sethian, “Computing geodesic paths on manifolds,” Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America, vol. 95, no. 15, pp. 8431–8435, 1998.