- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Annual Issues
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Advances in Mechanical Engineering
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 426810, 8 pages
Improved Visual Hook Capturing and Tracking for Precision Hoisting of Tower Crane
School of Mechanical Engineering, Shanghai Jiao Tong University, Shanghai 200240, China
Received 12 April 2013; Accepted 27 May 2013
Academic Editor: Liang Gong
Copyright © 2013 Yanming Li et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- V. W. Y. Tam and I. W. H. Fung, “Tower crane safety in the construction industry: a Hong Kong study,” Safety Science, vol. 49, no. 2, pp. 208–215, 2011.
- L. Y. Yuan, G. Q. Zhang, and H. B. Gao, “Implementation of a Multifunction Black-box for Tower Crane Based on ARM and μCOS-II,” in Proceedings of the 7th World Congress on Intelligent Control and Automation, pp. 7681–7685, Chongqing, China, June 2008.
- M. Abderrahim, E. Garcia, R. Diez, and C. Balaguer, “A mechatronics security system for the construction site,” Automation in Construction, vol. 14, no. 4, pp. 460–466, 2005.
- U.-K. Lee, J.-H. Kim, H. Cho, and K.-I. Kang, “Development of a mobile safety monitoring system for construction sites,” Automation in Construction, vol. 18, no. 3, pp. 258–264, 2009.
- R. Sacks, R. Navon, I. Brodetskaia, and A. Shapira, “Feasibility of automated monitoring of lifting equipment in support of project control,” Journal of Construction Engineering and Management, vol. 131, no. 5, pp. 604–614, 2005.
- A. Shapira and B. Lyachin, “Identification and analysis of factors affecting safety on construction sites with tower cranes,” Journal of Construction Engineering and Management, vol. 135, no. 1, pp. 24–33, 2009.
- A. Shapira, Y. Rosenfeld, and I. Mizrahi, “Vision system for tower cranes,” Journal of Construction Engineering and Management, vol. 134, no. 5, pp. 320–332, 2008.
- J. Yang, P. A. Vela, J. Teizer, and Z. K. Shi, “Vision-based crane tracking for understanding construction activity,” in Proceedings of the ASCE International Workshop on Computing in Civil Engineering, pp. 258–265, June 2011.
- S. Nara, D. Miyamoto, S. Takahashi, and S. Kaneko, “Visual feedback tracking of crane hook,” in Proceedings of IEEE/RSJ International Conference on Intelligent Robots and Systems (IROS '06), pp. 2736–2742, chn, October 2006.
- X. Liu, H. Chu, and P. Li, “Research of the improved camshift tracking algorithm,” in Proceedings of IEEE International Conference on Mechatronics and Automation (ICMA '07), pp. 968–972, Harbin, China, August 2007.
- A.-Y. Wang and J. Yang, “Research on tower crane automatic tracking and zooming video monitoring system based on Improved Camshift algorithm,” in Proceedings of International Conference on Electric Information and Control Engineering (ICEICE '11), pp. 4434–4437, April 2011.
- S. Takahashi and S. Kaneko, “Motion tracking of crane hook based on optical flow and orientation code matching,” in Proceedings of the 10th International Workshop on Advanced Motion Control (AMC '08), pp. 149–152, March 2008.
- Y. Li and C. Liu, “Integrating field data and 3D simulation for tower crane activity monitoring,” Automation in Construction, vol. 27, pp. 111–119, 2012.
- M. Al-Hussein, M. Athar Niaz, H. Yu, and H. Kim, “Integrating 3D visualization and simulation for tower crane operations on construction sites,” Automation in Construction, vol. 15, no. 5, pp. 554–562, 2006.
- T. Huang, C. W. Kong, H. L. Guo, A. Baldwin, and H. Li, “A virtual prototyping system for simulating construction processes,” Automation in Construction, vol. 16, no. 5, pp. 576–585, 2007.
- J. Song and M. R. Lyu, “A Hough transform based line recognition method utilizing both parameter space and image space,” Pattern Recognition, vol. 38, no. 4, pp. 539–552, 2005.
- J. Matas, C. Galambos, and J. Kittler, “Robust detection of lines using the progressive probabilistic hough transform,” Computer Vision and Image Understanding, vol. 78, no. 1, pp. 119–137, 2000.
- S. Jeong, C. S. Won, and R. M. Gray, “Image retrieval using color histograms generated by Gauss mixture vector quantization,” Computer Vision and Image Understanding, vol. 94, no. 1–3, pp. 44–66, 2004.
- R. Chakravarti and X. Meng, “A study of color histogram based image retrieval,” in Proceedings of the 6th International Conference on Information Technology: New Generations (ITNG '09), pp. 1323–1328, April 2009.