- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Advances in Mechanical Engineering
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 658085, 10 pages
Analysis of Dry Sliding Wear Behaviour of Aluminium-Fly Ash Composites: The Taguchi Approach
1Department of Mechanical Engineering, Karpagam College of Engineering, Coimbatore 641032, India
2Department of Metallurgical Engineering, PSG College of Technology, Coimbatore 641004, India
3Department of Mechanical Engineering, Sri Shakthi Institute of Engineering & Technology, Coimbatore 641062, India
Received 31 December 2012; Revised 25 March 2013; Accepted 8 April 2013
Academic Editor: Rehan Ahmed
Copyright © 2013 Shanmughasundaram Palanisamy et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- S. V. Prasad, P. K. Rohatgi, and T. H. Kosel, “Mechanisms of material removal during low stress and high stress abrasion of aluminum alloy-zircon particle composites,” Materials Science and Engineering, vol. 80, no. 2, pp. 213–220, 1986.
- R. D. Askeland and P. P. Phule, The Science and Engineering of Materials, Bill Stenquist, India, 4th edition, 2002.
- I. A. Ibrahim, F. A. Mohamed, and E. J. Lavernia, “Metal matrix composites- a review,” Journal of Material Science, vol. 26, no. 5, pp. 1137–1157, 1991.
- T. Ma, H. Yamaura, D. A. Koss, and R. C. Voigt, “Dry sliding wear behavior of cast SiC-reinforced Al MMCs,” Materials Science and Engineering A, vol. 360, no. 1-2, pp. 116–125, 2003.
- M. Muratoglu and M. Aksoy, “The effects of temperature on wear behaviours of Al-Cu alloy and Al-Cu/SiC composite,” Materials Science and Engineering A, vol. 282, no. 1-2, pp. 91–99, 2000.
- A. B. Gurcan and T. N. Baker, “Wear behaviour of AA6061 aluminium alloy and its composites,” Wear, vol. 188, no. 1-2, pp. 185–191, 1995.
- M. Ramachandra and K. Radhakrishna, “Effect of reinforcement of flyash on sliding wear, slurry erosive wear and corrosive behavior of aluminium matrix composite,” Wear, vol. 262, no. 11-12, pp. 1450–1462, 2007.
- Sudarshan and M. K. Surappa, “Synthesis of fly ash particle reinforced A356 Al composites and their characterization,” Materials Science and Engineering A, vol. 480, no. 1-2, pp. 117–124, 2008.
- S. Sarkar, S. Sen, S. C. Mishra, M. K. Kudelwar, and S. Mohan, “Studies on aluminum-Fly-ash composite produced by impeller mixing,” Journal of Reinforced Plastics and Composites, vol. 29, no. 1, pp. 144–148, 2010.
- P. Shanmughasundaram, R. Subramanian, and G. Prabhu, “Synthesis of Al-Fly ash composites by modified two step stir casting method,” Advanced Materials Research, vol. 488- 489, pp. 775–781, 2012.
- M. K. Surappa, S. V. Prasad, and P. K. Rohatgi, “Wear and abrasion of cast Al-alumina Particle composites,” Wear, vol. 77, no. 3, pp. 295–302, 1982.
- A. A. Cerit, M. B. Karamis, F. Nair, and K. Yildizli, “Effect of reinforcement particle size and volume fraction on wear behaviour of metal matrix composites,” Journal of the Balkan Tribological Association, vol. 14, no. 4, pp. 482–489, 2008.
- R. Antoniou and D. W. Borland, “Mild wear of AlSi binary alloys during unlubricated sliding,” Materials Science and Engineering C, vol. 93, pp. 57–72, 1987.
- N. P. Suh, S. Jahanmir, J. R. Flemming, J. J. Pamies-Teixeira, and N. Saka, “Overview of the delamination theory of wear,” Wear, vol. 44, no. 1, pp. 1–16, 1977.
- M. R. Rosenberger, C. E. Schvezov, and E. Forlerer, “Wear of different aluminum matrix composites under conditions that generate a mechanically mixed layer,” Wear, vol. 259, no. 1–6, pp. 590–601, 2005.