- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Advances in Mechanical Engineering
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 692842, 7 pages
Understanding of Thermal Conductance of Thin Gas Layers
Department of Engineering Mechanics and CNMM, Tsinghua University, Beijing 100084, China
Received 5 November 2012; Revised 12 December 2012; Accepted 13 December 2012
Academic Editor: Shuyu Sun
Copyright © 2013 Xiaodong Shan and Moran Wang. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- C. H. Mastrangelo and R. S. Muller, “Microfabricated thermal absolute-pressure sensor with on-chip digital front-end processor,” IEEE Journal of Solid-State Circuits, vol. 26, no. 12, pp. 1998–2007, 1991.
- M. Alex, A. Tselikov, T. McDaniel, N. Deeman, T. Valet, and D. Chen, “Characteristics of thermally assisted magnetic recording,” IEEE Transactions on Magnetics, vol. 37, no. 4, pp. 1244–1249, 2001.
- B. Liu, J. Liu, and T. C. Chong, “Slider design for sub-3-nm flying height head-disk systems,” Journal of Magnetism and Magnetic Materials, vol. 287, pp. 339–345, 2005.
- B. Liu, S. Yu, M. Zhang et al., “Air-bearing design towards highly stable head-disk interface at ultralow flying height,” IEEE Transactions on Magnetics, vol. 43, no. 2, pp. 715–720, 2007.
- R. Wood, “The feasibility of magnetic recording at 1 terabit per square inch,” IEEE Transactions on Magnetics, vol. 36, no. 1, pp. 36–42, 2000.
- B. X. Xu, S. B. Hu, H. X. Yuan et al., “Thermal effects of heated magnetic disk on the slider in heat-assisted magnetic recording,” Journal of Applied Physics, vol. 99, no. 8, Article ID 08N102, 2006.
- H. T. Chen, J. P. Song, and K. C. Liu, “Study of hyperbolic heat conduction problem in IC chip,” Japanese Journal of Applied Physics, vol. 43, no. 7A, pp. 4404–4410, 2004.
- H. C. Cheng, W. H. Chen, and H. F. Cheng, “Theoretical and experimental characterization of heat dissipation in a board-level microelectronic component,” Applied Thermal Engineering, vol. 28, no. 5-6, pp. 575–588, 2008.
- Y. Fu, N. Nabiollahi, T. Wang, et al., “A complete carbon-nanotube-based on-chip cooling solution with very high heat dissipation capacity,” Nanotechnology, vol. 23, no. 4, Article ID 045304, 2012.
- Z. Y. Guo and Y. S. Xu, “Non-Fourier heat conduction in IC chip,” Journal of Electronic Packaging, vol. 117, no. 3, pp. 174–177, 1995.
- V. Sajith and C. B. P. Sobhan, “Characterization of heat dissipation from a microprocessor chip using digital interferometry,” IEEE Transactions on Components Packaging and Manufacturing Technology, vol. 2, no. 8, pp. 1298–1306, 2012.
- H. H. Wu, K. H. Lin, and S. T. Lin, “A study on the heat dissipation of high power multi-chip COB LEDs,” Microelectronics Journal, vol. 43, no. 4, pp. 280–287, 2012.
- W. P. King, T. W. Kenny, and K. E. Goodson, “Comparison of thermal and piezoresistive sensing approaches for atomic force microscopy topography measurements,” Applied Physics Letters, vol. 85, no. 11, pp. 2086–2088, 2004.
- H. Liu, M. Wang, J. Wang et al., “Monte Carlo simulations of gas flow and heat transfer in vacuum packaged MEMS devices,” Applied Thermal Engineering, vol. 27, no. 2-3, pp. 323–329, 2007.
- K. Nanbu, “Heat transfer between parallel plates in continuum to free molecular regime,” Reports of the Institute of High Speed Mechanics, Tohoku University, 1983.
- M. A. Gallis, J. R. Torczynski, and D. J. Rader, “A computational investigation of noncontinuum gas-phase heat transfer between a heated microbeam and the adjacent ambient substrate,” Sensors and Actuators A, vol. 134, no. 1, pp. 57–68, 2007.
- M. Sieradzki, “Air-enhanced contact cooling of wafers,” Nuclear Instruments and Methods in Physics Research B, vol. 6, no. 1-2, pp. 237–242, 1985.
- T. Zhu and W. Ye, “Theoretical and numerical studies of noncontinuum gas-phase heat conduction in micro/nano devices,” Numerical Heat Transfer B, vol. 57, no. 3, pp. 203–226, 2010.
- K. Denpoh, “Modeling of rarefied gas heat conduction between wafer and susceptor,” IEEE Transactions on Semiconductor Manufacturing, vol. 11, no. 1, pp. 25–29, 1998.
- S. Dushman and J. M. Dushman, Scientific Foundations of Vacuum Technique, Wiley, New York, NY, USA, 1962.
- M. Wang, X. Lan, and Z. Li, “Analyses of gas flows in micro- and nanochannels,” International Journal of Heat and Mass Transfer, vol. 51, no. 13-14, pp. 3630–3641, 2008.
- M. Wang and Z. Li, “An Enskog based Monte Carlo method for high Knudsen number non-ideal gas flows,” Computers and Fluids, vol. 36, no. 8, pp. 1291–1297, 2007.
- M. Wang and Z. Li, “Nonideal gas flow and heat transfer in micro- and nanochannels using the direct simulation Monte Carlo method,” Physical Review E, vol. 68, no. 4, Article ID 046704, 2003.
- M. Wang and Z. Li, “Micro- and nanoscale non-ideal gas Poiseuille flows in a consistent Boltzmann algorithm model,” Journal of Micromechanics and Microengineering, vol. 14, no. 7, pp. 1057–1063, 2004.
- M. Wang and Z. Li, “Monte Carlo simulations of dense gas flow and heat transfer in micro- and nano-channels,” Science in China E, vol. 48, no. 3, pp. 317–325, 2005.
- M. Wang and N. Pan, “Predictions of effective physical properties of complex multiphase materials,” Materials Science and Engineering R, vol. 63, no. 1, pp. 1–30, 2008.
- M. Wang, J. Wang, N. Pan, and S. Chen, “Mesoscopic predictions of the effective thermal conductivity for microscale random porous media,” Physical Review E, vol. 75, no. 3, Article ID 036702, 2007.
- M. Wang, B. Y. Cao, and Z. Y. Guo, “General heat conduction equations based on the themomass theory,” Frontiers in Heat and Mass Transfer, vol. 1, no. 1, Article ID 013005, 2010.
- M. Wang and Z. Y. Guo, “Understanding of temperature and size dependences of effective thermal conductivity of nanotubes,” Physics Letters A, vol. 374, no. 42, pp. 4312–4315, 2010.
- M. Wang, N. Yang, and Z. Y. Guo, “Non-Fourier heat conductions in nanomaterials,” Journal of Applied Physics, vol. 110, no. 6, Article ID 064310, 2011.
- M. Wang, X. D. Shan, and N. Yang, “Understanding length dependence of effective thermal conductivity of nanowire,” Physics Letters A, vol. 376, pp. 3514–3517, 2012.
- S. Chapman and T. G. Cowling, The Mathematical Theory of Non-Uniform Gases, The University Press, Cambridge, UK, 1970.
- J. Liu, Multi-Scale Simulation of Micro/Nano Flows and Granular Flows, Department of Mechanical Engineering, Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, Md, USA, 2008.
- D. C. Rapaport, “Equilibrium properties of simple fluids,” in The Art of Molecular Dynamics Simulation, pp. 85–88, Cambridge University Press, West Nyack, NY, USA, 2004.