- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Table of Contents
Advances in Mechanical Engineering
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 791071, 12 pages
Matrix-Based Conceptual Solution Generation Approach of Multifunction Product
1College of Mechanical and Electrical Engineering, Nanjing University of Aeronautics & Astronautics, Nanjing 210016, China
2College of Mechanical Engineering, Linyi University, Linyi 276005, China
3Jiangsu Key Laboratory of Precision and Micro-Manufacturing Technology, Nanjing 210016, China
Received 11 April 2013; Revised 6 July 2013; Accepted 20 July 2013
Academic Editor: Yu-Shen Liu
Copyright © 2013 Yuyun Kang and Dunbing Tang. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- V. Singh, B. Walther, J. Krager et al., “Design for transformation: theory, method and application,” in Proceedings of the ASME International Design Engineering Technical Conferences and Computers and Information in Engineering Conference (IDETC/CIE '07), pp. 447–459, Las Vegas, Nev, USA, September 2007.
- R. Kuhr, K. Wood, D. Jensen, and R. Crawford, “Concept opportunity diagrams, a visual modeling method to find multifunctional design concepts,” in Proceedings of the ASME International Design Engineering Technical Conferences and Computers and Information in Engineering Conference (IDETC/CIE '10), pp. 193–205, Quebec, Canada, August 2010.
- P. E. Feng, S. Zhang, S. X. Pan, Y. Chen, and B. He, “Cyclic solving process and realization for conceptual design of complex function product,” Chinese Journal of Mechanical Engineering, vol. 41, no. 3, pp. 135–141, 2005.
- G. Z. Hu, S. N. Xiao, and Z. B. Liu, “Fuzzy reconfigurable design system of complex mechanical products,” Modern Manufacturing Engineering, no. 5, pp. 68–73, 2012.
- Z. K. Li, Theories and methodologies for product family reconfigurable design and application in large scale air separation systems [D.E. thesis], Zhejiang University, Hangzhou, China, 2009.
- H. G. Zhang, W. Y. Zhao, P. Jiang, and R. H. Tan, “Product platform design process model based on similarity and structural sensitivity analysis,” Journal of Mechanical Engineering, vol. 48, no. 11, pp. 104–118, 2012.
- F. Liu, P. Jiang, R.-H. Zhang, and R.-H. Tan, “Platform design of function similar products based on bottom-up method,” Computer Integrated Manufacturing Systems, vol. 11, no. 7, pp. 947–952, 2005.
- Z. Wei, J. R. Tan, Y. X. Feng, and X. Feng, “Construction of product module based on similarity and its applications,” Journal of Computer-Aided Design and Computer Graphics, vol. 18, no. 12, pp. 1930–1934, 2006.
- J. M. Weaver, R. Kuhr, D. Wang et al., “Increasing innovation in multi-function systems: Evaluation and experimentation of two ideation methods for design,” in Proceedings of the ASME International Design Engineering Technical Conferences and Computers and Information in Engineering Conference (IDETC/CIE '09), pp. 965–983, San Diego, Calif, USA, September 2009.
- Y. Y. Kang, D. B. Tang, and H. Wang, “Design solutions generation method based on function-component matrix and design structure matrix,” Computer Integrated Manufacturing Systems, vol. 18, no. 5, pp. 897–904, 2012.
- P. Fomin, S. Sarkani, and T. A. Mazzuchi, “Growing the house of quality,” Systems Research Forum, vol. 4, no. 2, pp. 137–149, 2010.
- A. Kusiak, Engineering Design: Products, Processes and Systems, Academic Press, Orlando, Fla, USA, 1999.
- D. B. Tang, G. J. Zhang, and S. Dai, “Design as integration of axiomatic design and design structure matrix,” Robotics and Computer-Integrated Manufacturing, vol. 25, no. 3, pp. 610–619, 2009.
- D. Ramanujan, W. Bernstein, F. Zhao, and K. Ramani, “Addressing uncertainties within product redesign for sustainability: a function based framework,” in Proceedings of the ASME International Design Engineering Technical Conferences and Computers and Information in Engineering Conference (IDETC/CIE '11), Washington, DC, USA, August 2011.
- Zhangjiakou agriculture Web, http://www.zjkny.com/news/showarticle.asp?articleid=667.
- Galanz Co., http://www.galanz.com.cn/pages/product_list.aspx?catid=78.
- Jinhuafang Web, http://member.0579fw.com.
- Zhongbaishang Web, http://www.zon100.com/product/1100123016.html.
- Alibaba Web, http://detail.1688.com/offer/779711050.html/.
- Basha Web, http://www.basha.com.cn/youhuiduo/giftdetail.asp?i=438.
- J. M. Zhang, J. X. Wang, and X. P. Wei, “Product modeling for conceptual design based on extended functional basis,” Transactions of the Chinese Society of Agricultural Machinery, vol. 39, no. 1, pp. 129–133, 2008.
- R. B. Stone and K. L. Wood, “Development of a functional basis for design,” Journal of Mechanical Design, vol. 122, no. 4, pp. 359–370, 2000.
- J. Hirtz, R. B. Stone, D. A. McAdams, S. Szykman, and K. L. Wood, “A functional basis for engineering design: reconciling and evolving previous efforts,” Research in Engineering Design, vol. 13, no. 2, pp. 65–82, 2002.
- G. M. Zou, Y. J. Hu, W. S. Xiao, and C. G. Li, “Research on the model of product conceptual design based on the functional basis,” China Mechanical Engineering, vol. 15, no. 3, pp. 206–210, 2004.
- D. McAdams, R. B. Stone, and K. L. Wood, “Understanding product similarity using customer needs,” in Proceedings of the ASME International Design Engineering Technical Conferences (IDETC '98), Atlanta, Ga, USA, September 1998.
- G.-N. Qi, X.-J. Gu, Q.-H. Yang, and J.-H. Yu, “Principles and key technologies of mass customization,” Computer Integrated Manufacturing Systems, vol. 9, no. 9, pp. 776–783, 2003.