- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Advances in Mechanical Engineering
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 797894, 9 pages
Entropy Generation for Nonisothermal Fluid Flow: Variable Thermal Conductivity and Viscosity Case
Energy Systems Engineering Department, Osmaniye Korkut Ata University, 80000 Osmaniye, Turkey
Received 8 May 2013; Accepted 8 July 2013
Academic Editor: Oronzio Manca
Copyright © 2013 Coskun Ozalp. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- A. Bejan, “Second-law analysis in heat transfer and thermal design,” Advances in Heat Transfer, vol. 15, pp. 1–58, 1982.
- G. Ibánez, S. Cuevas, and M. L. de Haro, “Minimization of entropy generation by asymmetric convective cooling,” International Journal of Heat and Mass Transfer, vol. 46, no. 8, pp. 1321–1328, 2003.
- S. Mahmud and R. A. Fraser, “Inherent irreversibility of channel and pipe flows for non-Newtonian fluids,” International Communications in Heat and Mass Transfer, vol. 29, no. 5, pp. 577–587, 2002.
- H. Abbassi, M. Magherbi, and A. B. Brahim, “Entropy generation in Poiseuille-Benard channel flow,” International Journal of Thermal Sciences, vol. 42, no. 12, pp. 1081–1088, 2003.
- Y. Demirel and R. Kahraman, “Entropy generation in a rectangular packed duct with wall heat flux,” International Journal of Heat and Mass Transfer, vol. 42, no. 13, pp. 2337–2344, 1999.
- A. Z. Sahin, “Second law analysis of laminar viscous flow through a duct subjected to constant wall temperature,” Journal of Heat Transfer, vol. 120, pp. 76–83, 1998.
- A. Z. Şahin, “Irreversibilities in various duct geometries with constant wall heat flux and laminar flow,” Energy, vol. 23, no. 6, pp. 465–473, 1998.
- M. Yürüsoy, B. S. Yilbas, and M. Pakdemirli, “Non-Newtonian fluid flow in annular pipes and entropy generation: temperature-dependent viscosity,” Sadhana, vol. 31, no. 6, pp. 683–695, 2006.
- M. Pakdemirli and B. S. Yilbas, “Entropy generation for pipe flow of a third grade fluid with Vogel model viscosity,” International Journal of Non-Linear Mechanics, vol. 41, no. 3, pp. 432–437, 2006.
- O. D. Makinde and A. Aziz, “Second law analysis for a variable viscosity plane Poiseuille flow with asymmetric convective cooling,” Computers and Mathematics with Applications, vol. 60, no. 11, pp. 3012–3019, 2010.
- A. Z. Şahin, “The effect of variable viscosity on the entropy generation and pumping power in a laminar fluid flow through a duct subjected to constant heat flux,” Heat and Mass Transfer, vol. 35, no. 6, pp. 499–506, 1999.
- O. D. Makinde, “Second law analysis for variable viscosity hydromagnetic boundary layer flow with thermal radiation and Newtonian heating,” Entropy, vol. 13, no. 8, pp. 1446–1464, 2011.
- J. Charraudeau, “Influence of physical properties of gradients in forced convection-application in the case of the tube,” International Journal of Heat and Mass Transfer, vol. 18, no. 1, pp. 87–95, 1975.
- M. Havzali, A. Arikoglu, G. Komurgoz, H. I. Keser, and I. Ozkol, “Analytical-numerical analysis of entropy generation for gravity-driven inclined channel flow with initial transition and entrance effects,” Physica Scripta, vol. 78, no. 4, Article ID 045401, 2008.
- A. Pinarbasi, C. Ozalp, and S. Duman, “Influence of variable thermal conductivity and viscosity for nonisothermal fluid flow,” Physics of Fluids, vol. 17, no. 3, Article ID 038109, 4 pages, 2005.