- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Table of Contents
Advances in Mechanical Engineering
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 950681, 7 pages
Effective Resistance of Gas Flow in Microchannels
Department of Engineering Mechanics and CNMM, Tsinghua University, Beijing 100084, China
Received 6 December 2012; Accepted 4 February 2013
Academic Editor: Tomoaki Kunugi
Copyright © 2013 Xiao-Dong Shan and Moran Wang. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- H. A. Stone, A. D. Stroock, and A. Ajdari, “Engineering flows in small devices: microfluidics toward a lab-on-a-chip,” Annual Review of Fluid Mechanics, vol. 36, pp. 381–411, 2004.
- Z. Y. Guo and Z. X. Li, “Size effect on microscale single-phase flow and heat transfer,” International Journal of Heat and Mass Transfer, vol. 46, no. 1, pp. 149–159, 2003.
- G. L. Morini, M. Lorenzini, and S. Salvigni, “Friction characteristics of compressible gas flows in microtubes,” Experimental Thermal and Fluid Science, vol. 30, no. 8, pp. 733–744, 2006.
- H. W. Liu, M. Wang, J. Wang et al., “Monte Carlo simulations of gas flow and heat transfer in vacuum packaged MEMS devices,” Applied Thermal Engineering, vol. 27, no. 2-3, pp. 323–329, 2007.
- C. Cai, Q. Sun, and I. D. Boyd, “Gas flows in microchannels and microtubes,” Journal of Fluid Mechanics, vol. 589, pp. 305–314, 2007.
- M. Wang, X. D. Lan, and Z. X. Li, “Analyses of gas flows in micro- and nanochannels,” International Journal of Heat and Mass Transfer, vol. 51, no. 13-14, pp. 3630–3641, 2008.
- C. Cai, “Heat transfer in vacuum packaged microelectromechanical system devices,” Physics of Fluids, vol. 20, no. 1, Article ID 017103, 2008.
- X. D. Shan and M. Wang, “Understanding of thermal conductance of thin gas layers,” Advances in Mechanical Engineering, vol. 2013, Article ID 692842, 7 pages, 2013.
- M. Wang and Z. Li, “Similarity of ideal gas flow at different scales,” Science in China E, vol. 46, no. 6, pp. 661–670, 2003.
- S. Lin, C. C. K. Kwok, R. Y. Li, Z. H. Chen, and Z. Y. Chen, “Local frictional pressure drop during vaporization of R-12 through capillary tubes,” International Journal of Multiphase Flow, vol. 17, no. 1, pp. 95–102, 1991.
- T. Araki, M. S. Kim, H. Iwai, and K. Suzuki, “An experimental investigation of gaseous flow characteristics in microchannels,” Microscale Thermophysical Engineering, vol. 6, no. 2, pp. 117–130, 2002.
- E. B. Arkilic, M. A. Schmidt, and K. S. Breuer, “Gaseous slip flow in long microchannels,” Journal of Microelectromechanical Systems, vol. 6, no. 2, pp. 167–178, 1997.
- Z. X. Li, D. X. Du, and Z. Y. Guo, “Experimental study on flow characteristics of liquid in circular microtubes,” Microscale Thermophysical Engineering, vol. 7, no. 3, pp. 253–265, 2003.
- M. E. Steinke and S. G. Kandlikar, “Single-phase liquid friction factors in microchannels,” International Journal of Thermal Sciences, vol. 45, no. 11, pp. 1073–1083, 2006.
- C. Li, L. Jia, and T. Zhang, “The entrance effect on gases flow characteristics in micro-tube,” Journal of Thermal Science, vol. 18, no. 4, pp. 353–357, 2009.
- M. J. Kohl, S. I. Abdel-Khalik, S. M. Jeter, and D. L. Sadowski, “An experimental investigation of microchannel flow with internal pressure measurements,” International Journal of Heat and Mass Transfer, vol. 48, no. 8, pp. 1518–1533, 2005.
- D. Valougeorgis, “The friction factor of a rarefied gas flow in a circular tube,” Physics of Fluids, vol. 19, no. 9, Article ID 091702, pp. 1–4, 2007.
- G. A. Bird, Molecular Gas Dynamics and the Direct Simulation of Gas Flows, Clarendon Press, Oxford, UK, 1994.
- G. E. Karniadakis and A. Beskok, Micro Flows: Fundamentals and Simulation, Springer, New York, NY, USA, 2002.
- M. Wang and Z. Li, “Gas mixing in microchannels using the direct simulation Monte Carlo method,” International Journal of Heat and Mass Transfer, vol. 49, no. 9-10, pp. 1696–1702, 2006.
- M. Wang and Z. Li, “Simulations for gas flows in microgeometries using the direct simulation Monte Carlo method,” International Journal of Heat and Fluid Flow, vol. 25, no. 6, pp. 975–985, 2004.
- M. Wang and Z. Li, “Micro- and nanoscale non-ideal gas Poiseuille flows in a consistent Boltzmann algorithm model,” Journal of Micromechanics and Microengineering, vol. 14, no. 7, pp. 1057–1063, 2004.
- M. R. Wang and Z. X. Li, “Numerical simulations on performance of MEMS-based nozzles at moderate or low temperatures,” Microfluidics and Nanofluidics, vol. 1, no. 1, pp. 62–70, 2004.
- W. W. Liou and Y. Fang, “Heat transfer in microchannel devices using DSMC,” Journal of Microelectromechanical Systems, vol. 10, no. 2, pp. 274–279, 2001.
- M. Wang and Z. Li, “Nonideal gas flow and heat transfer in micro- and nanochannels using the direct simulation Monte Carlo method,” Physical Review E, vol. 68, no. 4, Article ID 046704, pp. 467041–467046, 2003.