- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Advances in Meteorology
Volume 2010 (2010), Article ID 167436, 11 pages
Sensitivity Study of Four Land Surface Schemes in the WRF Model
1Departments of Watershed Sciences & Plants, Soils, and Climate, UT 84322-1400 State University, Logan, Utah, USA
2Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory, Earth Sciences Division, Department of Geography, University of California at Berkeley, Berkeley, CA 94720, USA
3Department of Earth and Planetary Science, University of California at Berkeley, Beverley, CA 94720, USA
Received 1 January 2010; Revised 14 April 2010; Accepted 1 May 2010
Academic Editor: Song Y. Hong
Copyright © 2010 Jiming Jin et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- J. Hansen, M. Sato, R. Ruedy, K. Lo, D. W. Lea, and M. Medina-Elizade, “Global temperature change,” Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America, vol. 103, no. 39, pp. 14288–14293, 2006.
- I. M. Held and B. J. Soden, “Robust responses of the hydrological cycle to global warming,” Journal of Climate, vol. 19, no. 21, pp. 5686–5699, 2006.
- C. M. Mitas and A. Clement, “Has the Hadley cell been strengthening in recent decades?” Geophysical Research Letters, vol. 32, no. 3, pp. 1–5, 2005.
- J. Jin, N. L. Miller, S. Sorooshian, and X. Gao, “Relationship between atmospheric circulation and snowpack in the western USA,” Hydrological Processes, vol. 20, no. 4, pp. 753–767, 2006.
- D. D. Breshears, N. S. Cobb, P. M. Rich et al., “Regional vegetation die-off in response to global-change-type drought,” Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America, vol. 102, no. 42, pp. 15144–15148, 2005.
- C. P. Weaver and R. Avissar, “Atmospheric disturbances caused by human modification of the landscape,” Bulletin of the American Meteorological Society, vol. 82, no. 2, pp. 269–281, 2001.
- G. B. Bonan, “Effects of land use on the climate of the United States,” Climatic Change, vol. 37, no. 3, pp. 449–486, 1997.
- D. L. T. Anderson, “Comparison of the ECMWF seasonal forecast systems 1 and 2, including the relative performance for the 1997/8 El Niño,” Tech. Rep. Technical Memoranda 404, ECMWF, Shinfield Park, Reading, UK, 2003.
- G. Wang, R. Kleeman, N. Smith, and F. Tseitkin, “The BMRC coupled general circulation model ENSO forecast system,” Monthly Weather Review, vol. 130, no. 4, pp. 975–991, 2002.
- S. Saha, S. Nadiga, C. Thiaw et al., “The NCEP climate forecast system,” Journal of Climate, vol. 19, no. 15, pp. 3483–3517, 2006.
- J. Jin and N. L. Miller, “Analysis of the impact of snow on daily weather variability in mountainous regions using MM5,” Journal of Hydrometeorology, vol. 8, no. 2, pp. 245–258, 2007.
- M. Ek and L. Mahrt, OSU 1-D PBL Model User's Guide. Version1.04, Department of Atmospheric Sciences, Oregon State University, Corvallis, Ore, USA, 1991.
- T. G. Smirnova, J. M. Brown, and S. G. Benjamin, “Performance of different soil model configurations in simulating ground surface temperature and surface fluxes,” Monthly Weather Review, vol. 125, no. 8, pp. 1870–1884, 1997.
- T. G. Smirnova, J. M. Brown, S. G. Benjamin, and D. Kim, “Parameterization of cold-season processes in the MAPS land-surface scheme,” Journal of Geophysical Research D, vol. 105, no. 3, pp. 4077–4086, 2000.
- K. W. Oleson, Y. Dai, G. Bonan, et al., “Technical description of the community land model (CLM),” Tech. Note NCAR/TN-461+STR, National Center for Atmospheric Research, Boulder, Colo, USA, 2004.
- G. B. Bonan, K. W. Oleson, M. Vertenstein et al., “The land surface climatology of the community land model coupled to the NCAR community climate model,” Journal of Climate, vol. 15, no. 22, pp. 3123–3149, 2002.
- X. Zeng, M. Shaikh, Y. Dai, R. E. Dickinson, and R. Myneni, “Coupling of the common land model to the NCAR community climate model,” Journal of Climate, vol. 15, no. 14, pp. 1832–1854, 2002.
- K. E. Trenberth, “The definition of El Niño,” Bulletin of the American Meteorological Society, vol. 78, no. 12, pp. 2771–2777, 1997.
- J. J. Feddema, K. W. Oleson, G. B. Bonan et al., “Atmospheric science: the importance of land-cover change in simulating future climates,” Science, vol. 310, no. 5754, pp. 1674–1678, 2005.
- J. S. Kain and J. M. Fritsch, “Convective parameterization for mesoscale models: the Kain-Fritcsh scheme,” in The Representation of Cumulus Convection in Numerical Models, K. A. Emanuel and D. J. Raymond, Eds., p. 246, The American Meteor Society, 1993.
- S.-Y. Hong and H.-L. Pan, “Nonlocal boundary layer vertical diffusion in a medium-range forecast model,” Monthly Weather Review, vol. 124, no. 10, pp. 2322–2339, 1996.
- S.-Y. Hong, J. Dudhia, and S.-H. Chen, “A revised approach to ice microphysical processes for the bulk parameterization of clouds and precipitation,” Monthly Weather Review, vol. 132, no. 1, pp. 103–120, 2004.
- E. J. Mlawer, S. J. Taubman, P. D. Brown, M. J. Iacono, and S. A. Clough, “Radiative transfer for inhomogeneous atmospheres: RRTM, a validated correlated-k model for the longwave,” Journal of Geophysical Research D, vol. 102, no. 14, pp. 16663–16682, 1997.
- J. Dudhia, “Numerical study of convection observed during the Winter Monsoon Experiment using a mesoscale two-dimensional model,” Journal of the Atmospheric Sciences, vol. 46, no. 20, pp. 3077–3107, 1989.