- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Advances in Meteorology
Volume 2010 (2010), Article ID 230365, 10 pages
The Impact of the Urban Heat Island during an Intense Heat Wave in Oklahoma City
1Oklahoma Climatological Survey, University of Oklahoma, Norman, OK 73072, USA
2Center for Applied Social Research, University of Oklahoma, Norman, OK 73072, USA
Received 29 May 2009; Revised 1 October 2009; Accepted 10 January 2010
Academic Editor: Sue Grimmond
Copyright © 2010 Jeffrey B. Basara et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [19 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Jeffrey B. Basara, Bradley G. Illston, Christopher A. Fiebrich, Phillip D. Browder, Cynthia R. Morgan, Alexandria McCombs, Jared P. Bostic, Renee A. McPherson, Amanda J. Schroeder, and Kenneth C. Crawford, “The Oklahoma City Micronet,” Meteorological Applications, 2010.
- Anastasios Mavrakis, Anastasia Spanou, Katerina Pantavou, George Katavoutas, George Theoharatos, Anastasios Christides, and Eleni Verouti, “Biometeorological and air quality assessment in an industrialized area of eastern Mediterranean: the Thriassion Plain, Greece,” International Journal of Biometeorology, vol. 56, no. 4, pp. 737–747, 2011.
- Evan M. Oswald, Richard B. Rood, Kai Zhang, Carina J. Gronlund, Marie S. O'Neill, Jalonne L. White-Newsome, Shannon J. Brines, and Daniel G. Brown, “An Investigation into the Spatial Variability of Near-Surface Air Temperatures in the Detroit, Michigan, Metropolitan Region,” Journal Of Applied Meteorology And Climatology, vol. 51, no. 7, pp. 1290–1304, 2012.
- Thomas Klein, Jaakko Kukkonen, Åslög Dahl, Elissavet Bossioli, Alexander Baklanov, Aasmund Fahre Vik, Paul Agnew, Kostas D. Karatzas, and Mikhail Sofiev, “Interactions of Physical, Chemical, and Biological Weather Calling for an Integrated Approach to Assessment, Forecasting, and Communication of Air Quality,” Ambio, vol. 41, no. 8, pp. 851–864, 2012.
- E. M. Fischer, K. W. Oleson, and D. M. Lawrence, “Contrasting urban and rural heat stress responses to climate change,” Geophysical Research Letters, vol. 39, 2012.
- Suzanne E. Kershaw, and Andrew A. Millward, “A spatio-temporal index for heat vulnerability assessment,” Environmental Monitoring and Assessment, vol. 184, no. 12, pp. 7329–7342, 2012.
- Alana Hansen, Linda Bi, Arthur Saniotis, and Monika Nitschke, “Vulnerability to extreme heat and climate change: is ethnicity a factor?,” Global Health Action, vol. 6, no. 0, 2013.
- S Yang Shuai, B Chen Bin, and St Gao Shou-Ting, “Diagnostic analyses and applications of the moisture helicity and the thermal helicity for two strong "sauna" weather processes in northern China,” Chinese Journal of Geophysics-Chinese Edition, vol. 56, no. 7, pp. 2185–2194, 2013.
- Syed Zahid Husain, Stéphane Bélair, Jocelyn Mailhot, and Sylvie Leroyer, “Improving the Representation of the Nocturnal Near-Neutral Surface Layer in the Urban Environment with a Mesoscale Atmospheric Model,” Boundary-Layer Meteorology, 2013.
- G. Brooke Anderson, Michelle L. Bell, and Roger D. Peng, “Methods to Calculate the Heat Index as an Exposure Metric in Environmental Health Research,” Environmental Health Perspectives, vol. 121, no. 10, pp. 1111–1119, 2013.
- Dan Li, and Elie Bou-Zeid, “Synergistic Interactions between Urban Heat Islands and Heat Waves: The Impact in Cities Is Larger than the Sum of Its Parts*,” Journal Of Applied Meteorology And Climatology, vol. 52, no. 9, pp. 2051–2064, 2013.
- Yingzhi Lin, Anping Liu, Enjun Ma, Xing Li, and Qingling Shi, “Impacts of Future Urban Expansion on Regional Climate in the Northeast Megalopolis, USA,” Advances in Meteorology, vol. 2013, pp. 1–10, 2013.
- Philippe Martin, Yves Baudouin, and Philippe Gachon, “An alternative method to characterize the surface urban heat island,” International Journal of Biometeorology, 2014.
- Sorin Cheval, and Alexandru Dumitrescu, “The summer surface urban heat island of Bucharest (Romania) retrieved from MODIS images,” Theoretical and Applied Climatology, 2014.
- Katerina Pantavou, Evriklia Chatzi, and George Theoharatos, “Case study of skin temperature and thermal perception in a hot outdoor environment,” International Journal of Biometeorology, vol. 58, no. 6, pp. 1163–1173, 2014.
- Yuya Takane, Hiroyuki Kusaka, and Hiroaki Kondo, “Climatological study on mesoscale extreme high temperature events in the inland of the Tokyo Metropolitan Area, Japan, during the past 22 years,” International Journal of Climatology, 2014.
- Diane M. Gubernot, G. Brooke Anderson, and Katherine L. Hunting, “The epidemiology of occupational heat exposure in the United States: a review of the literature and assessment of research needs in a changing climate,” International Journal of Biometeorology, vol. 58, no. 8, pp. 1779–1788, 2014.
- Xinli Ke, Enjun Ma, and Yongwei Yuan, “Scenario Simulation of the Influence of Land Use Change on the Regional Temperature in a Rapidly Urbanizing Region: A Case Study in Southern-Jiangsu, China,” Advances in Meteorology, vol. 2014, pp. 1–12, 2014.
- Dana Habeeb, Jason Vargo, and Brian Stone, “Rising heat wave trends in large US cities,” Natural Hazards, 2015.