- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Advances in Meteorology
Volume 2010 (2010), Article ID 707253, 10 pages
Evaluation of the WRF Double-Moment 6-Class Microphysics Scheme for Precipitating Convection
1Department of Atmospheric Sciences and Global Environment Laboratory, Yonsei University, Seoul 120-749, Republic of Korea
2Forecast Research Laboratory, National Institute of Meteorological Research, Korea Meteorological Administration, Seoul 156-010, Republic of Korea
373rd Weather Group, Korea Air Force, Chungnam 321-923, Republic of Korea
4Mesoscale and Microscale Meteorology Division, National Center for Atmospheric Research, Boulder, CO 80305, USA
Received 24 December 2009; Revised 23 February 2010; Accepted 8 April 2010
Academic Editor: Zhaoxia Pu
Copyright © 2010 Song-You Hong et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [12 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Tim Bohme, Nicole Van Lipzig, Laurent Delobbe, Edouard Goudenhoofdt, and Axel Seifert, “Evaluation of microphysical assumptions of the COSMO model using radar and rain gauge observations,” Meteorologische Zeitschrift, vol. 20, no. 2, pp. 133–144, 2011.
- Kyo-Sun Sunny Lim, Song-You Hong, Seong Soo Yum, Jimy Dudhia, and Joseph B. Klemp, “Aerosol effects on the development of a supercell storm in a double-moment bulk-cloud microphysics scheme,” Journal Of Geophysical Research-Atmospheres, vol. 116, 2011.
- Zhiyong Meng, Fuqing Zhang, Paul Markowski, Duochang Wu, and Kun Zhao, “A Modeling Study on the Development of a Bowing Structure and Associated Rear Inflow within a Squall Line over South China,” Journal Of The Atmospheric Sciences, vol. 69, no. 4, pp. 1182–1207, 2012.
- Amir Givati, Barry Lynn, Yubao Liu, and Alon Rimmer, “Using the WRF Model in an Operational Streamflow Forecast System for the Jordan River,” Journal Of Applied Meteorology And Climatology, vol. 51, no. 2, pp. 285–299, 2012.
- Zhiyong Meng, and Yunji Zhang, “On the Squall Lines Preceding Landfalling Tropical Cyclones in China,” Monthly Weather Review, vol. 140, no. 2, pp. 445–470, 2012.
- Pruek Pongprueksa, “Application of satellite data in a regional model to improve long-term ozone simulations,” Journal of Atmospheric Chemistry, 2013.
- Dan Li, Elie Bou-Zeid, Mary Lynn Baeck, Stephen Jessup, and James A. Smith, “Modeling Land Surface Processes and Heavy Rainfall in Urban Environments: Sensitivity to Urban Surface Representations,” Journal of Hydrometeorology, vol. 14, no. 4, pp. 1098–1118, 2013.
- David S. Nolan, Robert Atlas, Kieran T. Bhatia, and Lisa R. Bucci, “Development and validation of a hurricane nature run using the joint OSSE nature run and the WRF model,” Journal of Advances in Modeling Earth Systems, vol. 5, no. 2, pp. 382–405, 2013.
- Song-You Hong, Hoon Park, Hyeong-Bin Cheong, Jung-Eun Esther Kim, Myung-Seo Koo, Jihyeon Jang, Suryun Ham, Seung-On Hwang, Byoung-Kwon Park, Eun-Chul Chang, and Haiqin Li, “The Global/Regional Integrated Model system (GRIMs),” Asia-Pacific Journal of Atmospheric Sciences, vol. 49, no. 2, pp. 219–243, 2013.
- Ju-Hye Kim, Dong-Bin Shin, and Christian Kummerow, “Impacts of A Priori Databases Using Six WRF Microphysics Schemes on Passive Microwave Rainfall Retrievals,” Journal of Atmospheric and Oceanic Technology, vol. 30, no. 10, pp. 2367–2381, 2013.
- Wai-Kin Wong, Cheong-Shing Lau, and Pak-Wai Chan, “Aviation Model: A Fine-Scale Numerical Weather Prediction System for Aviation Applications at the Hong Kong International Airport,” Advances in Meteorology, vol. 2013, pp. 1–11, 2013.
- Woosub Roh, and Masaki Satoh, “Evaluation of Precipitating Hydrometeor Parameterizations in a Single-Moment Bulk Microphysics Scheme for Deep Convective Systems over the Tropical Central Pacific,” Journal of The Atmospheric Sciences, vol. 71, no. 7, pp. 2654–2673, 2014.