- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Advances in Meteorology
Volume 2010 (2010), Article ID 743863, 14 pages
An Observing System Simulation Experiment (OSSE) to Assess the Impact of Doppler Wind Lidar (DWL) Measurements on the Numerical Simulation of a Tropical Cyclone
Department of Atmospheric Sciences, University of Utah, 135 S 1460 E, Rm. 819, Salt Lake City, UT 84112, USA
Received 31 December 2009; Revised 1 April 2010; Accepted 10 April 2010
Academic Editor: Song Y. Hong
Copyright © 2010 Lei Zhang and Zhaoxia Pu. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [8 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- William M. Putman, and Max Suarez, “Cloud-system resolving simulations with the NASA Goddard Earth Observing System global atmospheric model (GEOS-5),” Geophysical Research Letters, vol. 38, 2011.
- David S. Nolan, Robert Atlas, Kieran T. Bhatia, and Lisa R. Bucci, “Development and validation of a hurricane nature run using the joint OSSE nature run and the WRF model,” Journal of Advances in Modeling Earth Systems, vol. 5, no. 2, pp. 382–405, 2013.
- Yumi Choi, Kyung-Sook Yun, Kyung-Ja Ha, Kwang-Yul Kim, Soon-Jo Yoon, and Johnny C. L. Chan, “Effects of Asymmetric SST Distribution on Straight-Moving Typhoon Ewiniar (2006) and Recurving Typhoon Maemi (2003),” Monthly Weather Review, vol. 141, no. 11, pp. 3950–3967, 2013.
- Hongli Wang, Xiang-Yu Huang, and Yongsheng Chen, “An Observing System Simulation Experiment for the Impact of MTG Candidate Infrared Sounding Mission on Regional Forecasts: System Development and Preliminary Results,” ISRN Meteorology, vol. 2013, pp. 1–18, 2013.
- Wayman E. Baker, Robert Atlas, Carla Cardinali, Amy Clement, George D. Emmitt, Bruce M. Gentry, R. Michael Hardesty, Erland Kaellen, Michael J. Kavaya, Rolf Langland, Zaizhong Ma, Michiko Masutani, Will McCarty, R. Bradley Pierce, Zhaoxia Pu, Lars Peter Riishojgaard, James Ryan, Sara Tucker, Martin Weissmann, and James G. Yoe, “LIDAR-MEASURED WIND PROFILES The Missing Link in the Global Observing System,” Bulletin of The American Meteorological Society, vol. 95, no. 4, pp. 543–564, 2014.
- Robert Atlas, Ross N. Hoffman, Zaizhong Ma, G. David Emmitt, Sidney A. Wood, Steven Greco, Sara Tucker, Lisa Bucci, Bachir Annane, R. Michael Hardesty, and Shirley Murillo, “Observing System Simulation Experiments (OSSEs) to Evaluate the Potential Impact of an Optical Autocovariance Wind Lidar (OAWL) on Numerical Weather P,” Journal Of Atmospheric And Oceanic Technology, vol. 32, no. 9, pp. 1593–1613, 2015.
- Janette Reader, Mariëtte Botha, Anjo Theron, Sonja B Lauterbach, Claire Rossouw, Dewaldt Engelbrecht, Melanie Wepener, Annél Smit, Didier Leroy, Dalu Mancama, Theresa L Coetzer, and Lyn-Marie Birkholtz, “Nowhere to hide: interrogating different metabolic parameters of Plasmodium falciparum gametocytes in a transmission blocking drug discovery pipeline towards malaria elimination,” Malaria Journal, vol. 14, no. 1, 2015.
- Hanif Subhan, Aref Lashin, Usman Ali Rana, Nassir Al-Arifi, Khurshid Ahmad, Hidayat Hussain, Rumana Qureshi, Saqib Ali, Muhammad Abid Zia, Heinz-Bernhard Kraatz, and Afzal Shah, “pH and temperature responsive redox behavior of biologically important aniline derivatives,” RSC Adv., vol. 5, no. 79, pp. 64617–64625, 2015.