- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Advances in Meteorology
Volume 2010 (2010), Article ID 797265, 14 pages
A 3.5-Dimensional Variational Method for Doppler Radar Data Assimilation and Its Application to Phased-Array Radar Observations
1National Severe Storms Laboratory, Norman, OK 73072, USA
2Cooperative Institute for Mesoscale Meteorological Studies, University of Oklahoma, Norman, OK 73072, USA
3Global Modeling and Assimilation Office, NASA Goddard Space Flight Center, Science Application International Corporation, Greenbelt, MD 20771, USA
4National Meteorological Center, China Meteorological Administration, Beijing 100081, China
5Marine Meteorology Division, Naval Research Laboratory, Monterey, CA 93943-5502, USA
Received 1 January 2010; Accepted 3 April 2010
Academic Editor: Zhaoxia Pu
Copyright © 2010 Qin Xu et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [5 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Qin Xu, “Measuring information content from observations for data assimilation: spec tral formulations and their implications to observational data compression,” Tellus Series A-Dynamic Meteorology and Oceanography, vol. 63, no. 4, pp. 793–804, 2011.
- Li Wei, and Qin Xu, “Measuring information content from observations for data assimilations: uti lities of spectral formulations demonstrated with radar observations,” Tellus Series A-Dynamic Meteorology And Oceanography, vol. 63, no. 5, pp. 1014–1027, 2011.
- Li Wei, “Prognostic Equation for Radar Radial Velocity Derived by Considering Atmosp heric Refraction and Earth Curvature,” Journal of The Atmospheric Sciences, vol. 70, no. 10, pp. 3328–3338, 2013.
- Xiaobin Qiu, Qin Xu, Chongjian Qiu, Kang Nai, and Pengfei Zhang, “Retrieving 3D Wind Field from Phased Array Radar Rapid Scans,” Advances in Meteorology, vol. 2013, pp. 1–16, 2013.
- Juanzhen Sun, and Hongli Wang, “WRF-ARW Variational Storm-Scale Data Assimilation: Current Capabilities and Future Developments,” Advances in Meteorology, vol. 2013, pp. 1–13, 2013.