- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Advances in Meteorology
Volume 2011 (2011), Article ID 573269, 6 pages
Short-Period Internal Waves under an Ice Cover in Van Mijen Fjord, Svalbard
1P.P. Shirshov Institute of Oceanology, Russian Academy of Sciences, Moscow 117997, Russia
2Department of Aerophysics and Space Research, Moscow Institute of Physics and Technology, 141700 Dolgoprudny, Russia
3Department of Arctic Technology, The University Centre in Svalbard, 9171 Longyearbyen, Norway
4N.N. Zubov State Oceanographic Institute, Moscow 119034, Russia
5Sustainable Arctic Marine and Coastal Technology (SAMCoT), Centre 7491 for Research-Based Innovation (CRI), Trondheim, Norway
Received 15 September 2011; Accepted 17 December 2011
Academic Editor: Irina Repina
Copyright © 2011 E. G. Morozov et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- E. G. Morozov, V. G. Neiman, S. V. Pisarev, and S. Yu. Erofeeva, “Internal tidal waves in the Barents Sea,” Doklady Earth Sciences, vol. 393, no. 8, pp. 1124–1127, 2003.
- E. G. Morozov and S. V. Pisarev, “Internal waves and polynya formation in the Laptev sea,” Doklady Earth Sciences, vol. 398, no. 7, pp. 983–986, 2004.
- P. V. Czipott, M. D. Levine, C. A. Paulson, D. Menemenlis, D. M. Farmer, and R. G. Williams, “Ice flexure forced by internal wave packets in the Arctic ocean,” Science, vol. 254, no. 5033, pp. 832–835, 1991.
- V. N. Smirnov, “Oscillations of the ice cover induced by internal waves in an icy ocean,” Doklady Akademii Nauk SSSR, vol. 206, no. 5, pp. 1106–1108, 1972.
- V. N. Smirnov, Dynamic Processes in Sea Ice, Gidrometeoizdat, St. Petersburg, Russia, 1996.
- V. N. Smirnov, A. N. Shushlebin, and V. G. Korostelev, “Results of experimental measurements of the parameters of surface and internal waves in the Arctic ocean and the sea of Okhotsk,” in Surface and Internal Waves in the Arctic Seas, I. V. Lavrenov and E. G. Morozov, Eds., Gidrometeoizdat, St. Petersburg, Russia, 2002.
- S. V. Muzylev, “Internal waves under an ice cover,” Doklady Earth Sciences, vol. 418, no. 1, pp. 145–148, 2008.
- S. V. Muzylev and L. N. Oleinikova, “On the theory of internal waves under ice cover,” Oceanology, vol. 47, no. 2, pp. 172–177, 2007.
- L. D. Landau and E. M. Lifshitz, Theory of Elasticity, Pergamon, Oxford, UK, 1967.
- A. K. Liu and E. Mollo-Christensen, “Wave propagation in a solid ice pack,” Journal of Physical Oceanography, vol. 18, no. 11, pp. 1702–1712, 1988.
- S. V. Muzylev, “Edge waves under ice cover at a straight coast with a sloping beach,” Oceanology, vol. 46, no. 4, pp. 465–471, 2006.
- V. V. Bogorodsky and V. P. Gavrilo, Ice: Physical Properties, Modern Methods in Glaciology, Gidrometeoizdat, Leningrad, Russia, 1983.
- M. Coon, D. C. Echert, and G. S. Knoke, “Ice in surface waters,” in Proceedings of the 14th International Symposium on Ice, H. T. Shen, Ed., pp. 1049–1055, Balkema, 1999.
- A. Marchenko, “Parametric excitation of flexural-gravity edge waves in the fluid beneath an elastic ice sheet with a crack,” European Journal of Mechanics B, vol. 18, no. 3, pp. 511–525, 1999.
- A. V. Marchenko, “Flexural gravity waves,” Trudy Instituta Obshchei Fiziki, vol. 56, pp. 65–111, 1999.
- A. Marchenko, I. Langen, and A. Shestov, “Hydrological characteristics of the strait separating Braganzavagen from Sveabukta in Van Mijen Fjord,” in Coastal Technology—Coast 2008, NTNU, Trondheim, Norway, 2008.
- A. Marchenko, A. Shestov, A. Karulin et al., “Field studies of sea water and ice properties in Svalbard fjords,” in Proceedings of the International Conference on Port and Ocean Engineering under Arctic Conditions (POAC '11), pp. 148–160, 2011.
- “The Winter-Expedition of RV “Polarstern” to the Antarctic (ANT V/1–3),” Berichte zur Polarforschung, Nr. 39, Alfred-Wegener-Institut für Polar- und Meeresforschung, Bremerhaven, Germany, 1987.
- J. R. Marko, “Observations and analyses of an intense waves-in-ice event in the Sea of Okhotsk,” Journal of Geophysical Research, vol. 108, no. 9, pp. 3296–3309, 2003.
- I. V. Polyakov, L. A. Timokhov, V. A. Alexeev, et al., “Arctic ocean warming contributes to reduced polar ice cap,” Journal of Physical Oceanography, vol. 40, no. 12, pp. 2743–2756, 2010.