- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Advances in Meteorology
Volume 2011 (2011), Article ID 893790, 14 pages
Temperature and Precipitation Development at Svalbard 1900–2100
1Norwegian Meteorological Institute, P.O. Box 43 Blindern, 0313 Oslo, Norway
2Telemark University College, P.O. Box 203, 3901 Porsgrunn, Norway
Received 26 September 2011; Revised 6 December 2011; Accepted 20 December 2011
Academic Editor: Stefania Argentini
Copyright © 2011 Eirik J. Førland et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [41 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- J. E. Haugen, L. Gudmundsson, T. Engen-Skaugen, and J. B. Bremnes, “Technical Note: Downscaling RCM precipitation to the station scale using statistical transformations - a comparison of methods,” Hydrology And Earth System Sciences, vol. 16, no. 9, pp. 3383–3390, 2012.
- Philipp R. Semenchuk, Bo Elberling, and Elisabeth J. Cooper, “Snow cover and extreme winter warming events control flower abundance of some, but not all species in high arctic Svalbard,” Ecology and Evolution, 2013.
- F. Karner, F. Obleitner, T. Krismer, J. Kohler, and W. Greuell, “A decade of energy and mass balance investigations on the glacier Kongsvegen, Svalbard,” Journal of Geophysical Research: Atmospheres, 2013.
- Ida Lønne, “The influence of climate during and after a glacial surge – a comparison of the last two surges of Fridtjovbreen, Svalbard,” Geomorphology, 2013.
- S.J. Coulson, P. Convey, K. Aakra, L. Aarvik, M.L. Ávila-Jiménez, A. Babenko, E. Biersma, S. Boström, J.E. Brittain, A. Carlsson, K.S. Christoffersen, W.H. De Smet, T. Ekrem, A. Fjellberg, L. Füreder, D. Gustafsson, D.J. Gwiazdowicz, L.O. Hansen, M. Hullé, L. Kaczmarek, M. Kolicka, V. Kuklin, H.-K. Lakka, N. Lebedeva, O. Makarova, K. Maraldo, E. Melekhina, F. Ødegaard, H.E. Pilskog, J.C. Simon, B. Sohlenius, T. Solhøy, G. Søli, E. Stur, A. Tanasevitch, A. Taskaeva, G. Velle, K. Zawierucha, and K. Zmudczyńska-Skarbek, “The terrestrial and freshwater invertebrate biodiversity of the archipelagoes of the Barents Sea; Svalbard, Franz Josef Land and Novaya Zemlya,” Soil Biology and Biochemistry, 2013.
- Toby N. Tonkin, Simon J. Cook, David J. Graham, and Nicholas G. Midgley, “Origin, evolution and dynamic context of a Neoglacial lateral-frontal moraine at Austre Lovenbreen, Svalbard,” Geomorphology, vol. 198, pp. 96–106, 2013.
- M. Maturilli, A. Herber, and G. Koenig-Langlo, “Climatology and time series of surface meteorology in Ny-Alesund, Svalbard,” Earth System Science Data, vol. 5, no. 1, pp. 155–163, 2013.
- J. Kohler, M. Konig, A. von Deschwanden, J. O. Hagen, A. Kaab, G. Moholdt, and R. Pettersson, “Decadal changes from a multi-temporal glacier inventory of Svalbard,” Cryosphere, vol. 7, no. 5, pp. 1603–1621, 2013.
- Stein Rune Karlsen, Arve Elvebakk, Kjell Arild Hogda, and Tom Grydeland, “Spatial and Temporal Variability in the Onset of the Growing Season on Svalbard, Arctic Norway - Measured by MODIS-NDVI Satellite Data,” Remote Sensing, vol. 6, no. 9, pp. 8088–8106, 2014.
- Tor Eldevik, Bjørg Risebrobakken, Anne E. Bjune, Carin Andersson, H. John B. Birks, Trond M. Dokken, Helge Drange, Mirjam S. Glessmer, Camille Li, Jan Even Ø. Nilsen, Odd Helge Otterå, Kristin Richter, and Øystein Skagseth, “A brief history of climate – the northern seas from the Last Glacial Maximum to global warming,” Quaternary Science Reviews, 2014.
- Peter Convey, Holly Abbandonato, Frode Bergan, Larissa Teresa Beumer, Elisabeth Machteld Biersma, Vegard Sandøy Bråthen, Ludovica D'Imperio, Christina Kjellerup Jensen, Solveig Nilsen, Karolina Paquin, Ute Stenkewitz, Mildrid Elvik Svoen, Judith Winkler, Eike Müller, and Stephen James Coulson, “Survival of rapidly fluctuating natural low winter temperatures by High Arctic soil invertebrates,” Journal of Thermal Biology, 2014.
- Ida Lonne, “Protracted Active Surge Phase in the High Arctic (Svalbard): Dynamic Development and Morphological Impact,” Geografiska Annaler Series A-Physical Geography, vol. 96, no. 2, pp. 177–194, 2014.
- Anna Sjöblom, “Turbulent fluxes of momentum and heat over land in the High-Arctic summer: the influence of observation techniques,” Polar Research, vol. 33, no. 0, 2014.
- Ingrid H. Onarheim, Lars H. Smedsrud, Randi B. Ingvaldsen, and Frank Nilsen, “Loss of sea ice during winter north of Svalbard,” Tellus A, vol. 66, no. 0, 2014.
- Cristian Suteanu, “Pattern Variability in Arctic Air Temperature Records,” Surveys in Geophysics, 2014.
- Steven Geinitz, Reinhard Furrer, and Stephan R. Sain, “Bayesian multilevel analysis of variance for relative comparison across sources of global climate model variability,” International Journal of Climatology, 2014.
- Ward J. J. van Pelt, Rickard Pettersson, Veijo A. Pohjola, Sergey Marchenko, Bjorn Claremar, and Johannes Oerlemans, “Inverse estimation of snow accumulation along a radar transect on Nordenskioldbreen, Svalbard,” Journal of Geophysical Research-Earth Surface, vol. 119, no. 4, pp. 816–835, 2014.
- Sabine B. Rumpf, Philipp R. Semenchuk, and Stefan Dullinger, “Idiosyncratic Responses of High Arctic Plants to Changing Snow Regimes,” Plos One, vol. 9, no. 2, 2014.
- Miroslawa Dabert, Stephen J. Coulson, Dariusz J. Gwiazdowicz, Børge Moe, Sveinn Are Hanssen, Elisabeth M. Biersma, Hanne E. Pilskog, and Jacek Dabert, “Differences in speciation progress in feather mites (Analgoidea) inhabiting the same host: the case of Zachvatkinia and Alloptes living on arctic and long-tailed skuas,” Experimental and Applied Acarology, 2014.
- M. M. Ruppel, I. Isaksson, J. Strom, E. Beaudon, J. Svensson, C. A. Pedersen, and A. Korhola, “Increase in elemental carbon values between 1970 and 2004 observed in a 300-year ice core from Holtedahlfonna (Svalbard),” Atmospheric Chemistry and Physics, vol. 14, no. 20, pp. 11447–11460, 2014.
- M. Oliva, G. Vieira, P. Pina, P. Pereira, M. Neves, and M. C. Freitas, “Sedimentological characteristics of ice-wedge polygon terrain in Adventdalen (Svalbard) - environmental and climatic implications for the late Holocen,” Solid Earth, vol. 5, no. 2, pp. 901–914, 2014.
- C Gabaldón-Leal, Ij Lorite, Mi Mínguez, Ji Lizaso, A Dosio, E Sanchez, and M Ruiz-Ramos, “Strategies for adapting maize to climate change and extreme temperatures in Andalusia, Spain,” Climate Research, vol. 65, pp. 159–173, 2015.
- Kewei Cao, Meilin He, Weinan Yang, Bo Chen, Wei Luo, Shanmei Zou, and Changhai Wang, “The eurythermal adaptivity and temperature tolerance of a newly isolated psychrotolerant Arctic Chlorella sp.,” Journal of Applied Phycology, 2015.
- Evangeline G. Sessford, Mateusz C. Strzelecld, and Anne Hormes, “Reconstruction of Holocene patterns of change in a High Arctic coastal landscape, Southern Sassenfjorden, Svalbard,” Geomorphology, vol. 234, pp. 98–107, 2015.
- Stephen J. Coulson, Arne Fjellberg, Elena N. Melekhina, Anastasia A. Taskaeva, Natalia V. Lebedeva, Olga A. Belkina, Stanisław Seniczak, Anna Seniczak, and Dariusz J. Gwiazdowicz, “Microarthropod communities of industrially disturbed or imported soils in the High Arctic; the abandoned coal mining town of Pyramiden, Svalbard,” Biodiversity and Conservation, vol. 24, no. 7, pp. 1671–1690, 2015.
- Mark C. Serreze, Alex D. Crawford, and Andrew P. Barrett, “Extreme daily precipitation events at Spitsbergen, an Arctic Island,” International Journal of Climatology, 2015.
- Frode Fossoy, Bard G. Stokke, Tone Kjersti Kasi, Kristian Dyrset, Yngve Espmark, Katrine S. Hoset, Morten Ingebrigtsen Wedege, and Arne Moksnes, “Reproductive success is strongly related to local and regional climate in the Arctic snow bunting (Plectrophenax nivalis),” Polar Biology, vol. 38, no. 3, pp. 393–400, 2015.
- Philipp R. Semenchuk, Bo Elberling, Cecilie Amtorp, Judith Winkler, Sabine Rumpf, Anders Michelsen, and Elisabeth J. Cooper, “Deeper snow alters soil nutrient availability and leaf nutrient status in high Arctic tundra,” Biogeochemistry, 2015.
- Torgeir O. Røthe, Jostein Bakke, Kristian Vasskog, Marthe Gjerde, William J. D'Andrea, and Raymond S. Bradley, “Arctic Holocene glacier fluctuations reconstructed from lake sediments at Mitrahalvøya, Spitsbergen,” Quaternary Science Reviews, vol. 109, pp. 111–125, 2015.
- Sunil Mundra, Mohammad Bahram, Leho Tedersoo, Håvard Kauserud, Rune Halvorsen, and Pernille Bronken Eidesen, “ Temporal variation of Bistorta vivipara -associated ectomycorrhizal fungal communities in the High Arctic ,” Molecular Ecology, vol. 24, no. 24, pp. 6289–6302, 2015.
- Namyi Chae, Hojeong Kang, Yongwon Kim, Soon Gyu Hong, Bang Yong Lee, and Taejin Choi, “CO2 efflux from the biological soil crusts of the High Arctic in a later stage of primary succession after deglaciation, Ny-Ålesund, Svalbard, Norway,” Applied Soil Ecology, 2015.
- Inger Greve Alsos, Chris Ware, and Reidar Elven, “Past Arctic aliens have passed away, current ones may stay,” Biological Invasions, vol. 17, no. 11, pp. 3113–3123, 2015.
- Ting Wei, Minghu Ding, Bingyi Wu, Changgui Lu, and Shujie Wang, “Variations in temperature-related extreme events (1975-2014) in Ny-Ålesund, Svalbard,” Atmospheric Science Letters, 2015.
- C. P. Vega, V. A. Pohjola, D. Samyn, R. Pettersson, E. Isaksson, M. P. Björkman, T. Martma, A. Marca, and J. Kaiser, “ First ice core records of NO 3 − stable isotopes from Lomonosovfonna, Svalbard ,” Journal of Geophysical Research: Atmospheres, 2015.
- Marco Moeller, and Christoph Schneider, “Temporal constraints on future accumulation-area loss of a major Arctic ice cap due to climate change (Vestfonna, Svalbard),” Scientific Reports, vol. 5, 2015.
- Elzbieta Majchrowska, Dariusz Ignatiuk, Jacek Jania, Henryk Marszalek, and Miroslaw Wasik, “Seasonal and interannual variability in runoff from the Werenskioldbreen catchment, Spitsbergen,” Polish Polar Research, vol. 36, no. 3, pp. 197–224, 2015.
- Ward Van Pelt, and Jack Kohler, “Modelling the long-term mass balance and firn evolution of glaciers around Kongsfjorden, Svalbard,” Journal Of Glaciology, vol. 61, no. 228, pp. 731–744, 2015.
- Carmen P. Vega, Mats P. Bjorkman, Veijo A. Pohjola, Elisabeth Isaksson, Rickard Pettersson, Tonu Martma, Alina Marca, and Jan Kaiser, “Nitrate stable isotopes and major ions in snow and ice samples from four Svalbard sites,” Polar Research, vol. 34, 2015.
- Jana Elsterova, Jiri Cerny, Jana Muellerova, Radek Sima, Stephen J. Coulson, Erlend Lorentzen, Hallvard Strom, and Libor Grubhoffer, “Search for tick-borne pathogens in the Svalbard Archipelago and Jan Mayen,” Polar Research, vol. 34, 2015.
- C. Lang, X. Fettweis, and M. Erpicum, “Stable climate and surface mass balance in Svalbard over 1979-2013 despite the Arctic warming,” Cryosphere, vol. 9, no. 1, pp. 83–101, 2015.
- C. Lang, X. Fettweis, and M. Erpicum, “Future climate and surface mass balance of Svalbard glaciers in an RCP8.5 climate scenario: a study with the regional climate model MAR forced by MIRO,” Cryosphere, vol. 9, no. 3, pp. 945–956, 2015.