- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Advances in Meteorology
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 191575, 13 pages
Temporal Forecasting with a Bayesian Spatial Predictor: Application to Ozone
1Finance, eBay Inc., San Jose, CA 95125, USA
2BC Cancer Agency Research Center, Vancouver, BC, Canada V5Z 4E6
3Department of Statistics, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, BC, Canada V6T 1Z2
Received 14 January 2012; Revised 24 April 2012; Accepted 27 April 2012
Academic Editor: Tareq Hussein
Copyright © 2012 Yiping Dou et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- Ozone, Air Quality Criteria for Ozone and Related Photochemical Oxidants, US Environmental Protection Agency, 2005.
- S. K. Sahu, S. Yip, and D. M. Holland, “A fast Bayesian method for updating and forecasting hourly ozone levels,” Environmental and Ecological Statistics, vol. 18, no. 1, pp. 185–207, 2011.
- J. V. Zidek, N. D. Le, and Z. Liu, “Combining data and simulated data for space-time fields: application to ozone,” Environmental and Ecological Statistics, vol. 19, pp. 37–56, 2012.
- N. D. Le and J. V. Zidek, “Interpolation with uncertain spatial covariances: a Bayesian alternative to Kriging,” Journal of Multivariate Analysis, vol. 43, no. 2, pp. 351–374, 1992.
- N. D. Le, W. Sun, and J. V. Zidek, “Bayesian multivariate spatial interpolation with data missing by design,” Journal of the Royal Statistical Society B, vol. 59, no. 2, pp. 501–510, 1997.
- J. Zidek, L. Sun, N. Le, and H. Özkaynak, “Contending with space-time interaction in the spatial prediction of pollution: vancouver's hourly ambient PM10 field,” Environmetrics, vol. 13, no. 5-6, pp. 595–613, 2002.
- N. D. Le and J. V. Zidek, Statistical Analysis of Environmental Space-Time Processes, Springer, New York, NY, USA, 2006.
- Y. P. Dou, N. D. Le, and J. V. Zidek, “Modeling hourly ozone concentration fields,” Annals of Applied Statistics, vol. 4, Article ID 11831213, 2010.
- G. Huerta, B. Sansó, and J. R. Stroud, “A spatiotemporal model for Mexico City ozone levels,” Journal of the Royal Statistical Society C, vol. 53, no. 2, pp. 231–248, 2004.
- V. J. Berrocal, A. E. Gelfand, and D. M. Holland, “A bivariate space-time downscaler under space and time misalignment,” Annals of Applied Statistics, vol. 4, pp. 1942–1975, 2010.
- S. K. Sahu, A. E. Gelfand, and D. M. Holland, “High-resolution space-time ozone modeling for assessing trends,” Journal of the American Statistical Association, vol. 102, no. 480, pp. 1221–1234, 2007.
- D. Wraith, C. Alston, K. Mengersen, and T. Hussein, “Bayesian mixture model estimation of aerosol particle size distributions,” Environmetrics, vol. 22, no. 1, pp. 23–34, 2011.
- W. Meiring, P. Guttorp, and P. D. Sampson, “Space-time estimation of grid-cell hourly ozone levels for assessment of a deterministic model,” Environmental and Ecological Statistics, vol. 5, no. 3, pp. 197–222, 1998.
- N. D. Le and J. V. Zidek, EnviRo.stat. A software for "Statistical Analysis of Environmental Space-Time Processes", 2006, http://enviro.stat.ubc.ca/statisticalanalysis/.
- C. S. Hirtzel and J. E. Quon, “Statistical analysis of continuous ozone measurements,” Atmospheric Environment A, vol. 15, no. 6, pp. 1025–1034, 1981.
- C. K. Carter and R. Kohn, “On gibbs sampling for state space models,” Biometrika, vol. 81, pp. 541–553, 1994.
- W. West and J. Harrison, Bayesian Forecasting and Dynamic Models, Springer, 1997.
- Y. P. Dou, N. D. Le, and J. V. Zidek, “A dynamic linear model for hourly ozone concentrations,” Tech. Rep. 228, Department of Statistics, University of British Columbia, 2007.
- Y. P. Dou, N. D. Le, and J. V. Zidek, “Temporal prediction with a Bayesian spatial predictor: an application to ozone fields,” Tech. Rep. 249, Department of Statistics University of British Columbia, 2009.