- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Advances in Meteorology
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 213743, 8 pages
Ocean Cooling Pattern at the Last Glacial Maximum
1University of Arizona, Tucson, Arizona, AZ 85721, USA
2Texas A&M University, College Station, Texas, TX 77843, USA
Received 3 May 2012; Revised 13 August 2012; Accepted 13 August 2012
Academic Editor: Youmin Tang
Copyright © 2012 Kelin Zhuang and John R. Giardino. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- A. Schmittner, N. M. Urban, J. D. Shakun et al., “Climate sensitivity estimated from temperature reconstructions of the Last Glacial Maximum,” Science, vol. 334, pp. 1385–1388, 2011.
- Y. Okazaki, A. Timmermann, L. Menviel et al., “Deepwater formation in the North Pacific during the last glacial termination,” Science, vol. 329, no. 5988, pp. 200–204, 2010.
- MARGO Project Members, “Constraints on the magnitude and patterns of ocean cooling at the Last Glacial Maximum,” Nature Geoscience, vol. 2, pp. 127–132, 2009.
- M. Kageyama, A. Laîné, A. Abe-Ouchi et al., “Last Glacial Maximum temperatures over the North Atlantic, Europe and western Siberia: a comparison between PMIP models, MARGO sea-surface temperatures and pollen-based reconstructions,” Quaternary Science Reviews, vol. 25, no. 17-18, pp. 2082–2102, 2006.
- A. J. Weaver, M. Eby, A. F. Fanning, and E. C. Wiebe, “Simulated influence of carbon dioxide, orbital forcing and ice sheets on the climate of the Last Glacial Maximum,” Nature, vol. 394, no. 6696, pp. 847–853, 1998.
- P. Braconnot, B. Otto-Bliesner, S. Harrison et al., “Results of PMIP2 coupled simulations of the Mid-Holocene and last glacial maximum—part 1: experiments and large-scale features,” Climate of the Past, vol. 3, no. 2, pp. 261–277, 2007.
- A. Ganopolski, S. Rahmstorf, V. Petoukhov, and M. Claussen, “Simulation of modern and glacial climates with a coupled global model of intermediate complexity,” Nature, vol. 391, no. 6665, pp. 351–356, 1998.
- A. Ganopolski and S. Rahmstorf, “Rapid changes of glacial climate simulated in a coupled climate model,” Nature, vol. 409, no. 6817, pp. 153–158, 2001.
- A. F. Thompson and S. Rahmstorf, “Ocean circulation,” in Surface Ocean—Lower Atmosphere Processes, C. L. Quere and E. S. Saltzman, Eds., Geographical Monograph 187, pp. 99–118, American Geophysical Union, 2009.
- S. I. Shin, Z. Liu, B. L. Otto-Bliesner, J. E. Kutzbach, and S. J. Vavrus, “Southern Ocean sea-ice control of the glacial North Atlantic thermohaline circulation,” Geophysical Research Letters, vol. 30, no. 2, pp. 68–1, 2003.