- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Advances in Meteorology
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 562081, 7 pages
The Sensitivity Analysis of a Lake Ecosystem with the Conditional Nonlinear Optimal Perturbation Method
1Institute of Applied Mathematics, Henan University, Henan Kaifeng 475004, China
2College of Mathematics and Information Science, Henan University, Henan Kaifeng 475004, China
3Key Laboratory of Ocean Circulation and Wave, Institute of Oceanology, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Qingdao 266071, China
Received 4 April 2012; Revised 6 June 2012; Accepted 23 June 2012
Academic Editor: Wansuo Duan
Copyright © 2012 Bo Wang et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- H. J. Wang and H. Z. Wang, “Mitigation of lake eutrophication: loosen nitrogen control and focus on phosphorus abatement,” Progress in Natural Science, vol. 19, no. 10, pp. 1445–1451, 2009.
- P. M. Nyenje, J. W. Foppen, S. Uhlenbrook, R. Kulabako, and A. Muwanga, “Eutrophication and nutrient release in urban areas of sub-Saharan Africa—a review,” Science of the Total Environment, vol. 408, no. 3, pp. 447–455, 2010.
- S. R. Wang, X. C. Jin, H. C. Zhao, X. N. Zhou, and F. C. Wu, “Effects of organic matter on phosphorus release kinetics in different trophic lake sediments and application of transition state theory,” Journal of Environmental Management, vol. 88, no. 4, pp. 845–852, 2008.
- M. Scheffer, S. Rinaldi, Y. A. Kuznetsov, and E. H. van Nes, “Seasonal dynamics of Daphnia and algae explained as a periodically forced predator-prey system,” Oikos, vol. 80, no. 3, pp. 519–532, 1997.
- M. Scheffer and S. Rinaldi, “Minimal models of top-down control of phytoplankton,” Freshwater Biology, vol. 45, no. 2, pp. 265–283, 2000.
- R. Portielje and D. T. van der Molen, “Relationships between eutrophication variables: from nutrient loading to transparency,” Hydrobiologia, vol. 408-409, pp. 375–387, 1999.
- S. R. Carpenter, D. Ludwig, and W. A. Brock, “Management of eutrophication for lakes subject to potentially irreversible change,” Ecological Applications, vol. 9, no. 3, pp. 751–771, 1999.
- M. Mu, W. S. Duan, and B. Wang, “Conditional nonlinear optimal perturbation and its applications,” Nonlinear Processes in Geophysics, vol. 10, no. 6, pp. 493–501, 2003a.
- M. Mu, W. S. Duan, Q. Wang, and R. Zhang, “An extension of conditional nonlinear optimal perturbation approach and its applications,” Nonlinear Processes in Geophysics, vol. 17, no. 2, pp. 211–220, 2010.
- M. Mu and W. S. Duan, “A new approach to studying ENSO predictability: conditional nonlinear optimal perturbation,” Chinese Science Bulletin, vol. 48, no. 10, pp. 1045–1047, 2003b.
- W. S. Duan, M. Mu, and B. Wang, “Conditional nonlinear optimal perturbations as the optimal precursors for El Nino-Southern Oscillation events,” Journal of Geophysical Research D, vol. 109, Article ID D23105, 12 pages, 2004.
- W. S. Duan and M. Mu, “Investigating decadal variability of El Nino-Southern Oscillation asymmetry by conditional nonlinear optimal perturbation,” Journal of Geophysical Research C, vol. 111, Article ID C07015, 8 pages, 2006.
- W. S. Duan, F. Xue, and M. Mu, “Investigating a nonlinear characteristic of El Niño events by conditional nonlinear optimal perturbation,” Atmospheric Research, vol. 94, no. 1, pp. 10–18, 2009.
- W. S. Duan, H. Xu, and M. Mu, “Decisive role of nonlinear temperature advection in El Niño and La Niña amplitude asymmetry,” Journal of Geophysical Research C, vol. 113, no. 1, Article ID C01014, 2008.
- W. S. Duan and M. Mu, “Conditional nonlinear optimal perturbation: applications to stability, sensitivity, and predictability,” Science in China, vol. 52, no. 7, pp. 883–906, 2009.
- W. S. Duan, X. C. Liu, K. Y. Zhu, and M. Mu, “Exploring the initial errors that cause a significant “spring predictability barrier” for El Niño events,” Journal of Geophysical Research C, vol. 114, Article ID C04022, 12 pages, 2009.
- W. S. Duan and H. Y. Luo, “A new strategy for solving a class of constrained nonlinear optimization problems related to weather and climate predictability,” Advances in Atmospheric Sciences, vol. 27, no. 4, pp. 741–749, 2010.
- W. S. Duan and R. Zhang, “Is model parameter error related to a significant spring predictability barrier for El Niño events? Results from a theoretical model,” Advances in Atmospheric Sciences, vol. 27, no. 5, pp. 1003–1013, 2010.
- G. D. Sun and M. Mu, “Response of a grassland ecosystem to climate change in a theoretical model,” Advances in Atmospheric Sciences, vol. 28, no. 6, pp. 1266–1278, 2011.
- B. Wang, J. P. Wang, Z. H. Huo, P. J. Zhang, and Q. Wang, “Application of conditional nonlinear optimal perturbation method in a theoretical grassland ecosystem,” Chinese Quarterly Journal of Mathematics, vol. 25, no. 3, pp. 422–429, 2010.
- B. Wang, Z. H. Huo, P. J. Zhang, and Q. Wang, “Impacts of human activities on the transition between grassland and desert in a simplified theoretical grass field ecosystem,” in Climate Change and Ecosystem Response, pp. 204–207, 2011.
- M. Mu and B. Wang, “Nonlinear instability and sensitivity of a theoretical grassland ecosystem to finite-amplitude perturbations,” Nonlinear Processes in Geophysics, vol. 14, no. 4, pp. 409–423, 2007.
- B. Wang, P. J. Zhang, Z. H. Huo, and Q. Wang, “Application of conditional nonlinear optimal perturbation in study of lake eutrophication,” in Climate Change and Ecosystem Response, pp. 426–429, 2011.
- V. Guttal and C. Jayaprakash, “Impact of noise on bistable ecological systems,” Ecological Modelling, vol. 201, no. 3-4, pp. 420–428, 2007.