- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Advances in Meteorology
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 341934, 8 pages
Different Multifractal Scaling of the 0 cm Average Ground Surface Temperature of Four Representative Weather Stations over China
1State Key Laboratory of Remote Sensing Science, Institute of Remote Sensing and Digital Earth, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Beijing 100101, China
2University of Chinese Academy of Sciences, Beijing 100049, China
3Laboratory of Ocean Circulation and Waves, Institute of Oceanology, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Qingdao 266071, China
Received 13 September 2013; Revised 12 December 2013; Accepted 12 December 2013
Academic Editor: Qi Hu
Copyright © 2013 Lei Jiang et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- C.-K. Peng, S. V. Buldyrev, S. Havlin, M. Simons, H. E. Stanley, and A. L. Goldberger, “Mosaic organization of DNA nucleotides,” Physical Review E, vol. 49, no. 2, pp. 1685–1689, 1994.
- A. Bunde, S. Havlin, J. W. Kantelhardt, T. Penzel, J.-H. Peter, and K. Voigt, “Correlated and uncorrelated regions in heart-rate fluctuations during sleep,” Physical Review Letters, vol. 85, no. 17, pp. 3736–3739, 2000.
- P. Talkner and R. O. Weber, “Power spectrum and detrended fluctuation analysis: application to daily temperatures,” Physical Review E, vol. 62, pp. 150–160, 2000.
- R. O. Weber and P. Talkner, “Spectra and correlations of climate data from days to decades,” Journal of Geophysical Research D, vol. 106, no. 17, pp. 20131–20144, 2001.
- E. Koscielny-Bunde, A. Bunde, S. Havlin, H. E. Roman, Y. Goldreich, and H.-J. Schellnhuber, “Indication of a universal persistence law governing atmospheric variability,” Physical Review Letters, vol. 81, no. 3, pp. 729–732, 1998.
- K. Fraedrich and R. Blender, “Scaling of atmosphere and ocean temperature correlations in observations and climate models,” Physical Review Letters, vol. 90, no. 10, Article ID 108501, 2003.
- J. W. Kantelhardt, E. Koscielny-Bunde, H. H. A. Rego, S. Havlin, and A. Bunde, “Detecting long-range correlations with detrended fluctuation analysis,” Physica A, vol. 295, no. 3-4, pp. 441–454, 2001.
- K. Hu, P. C. Ivanov, Z. Chen, P. Carpena, and H. E. Stanley, “Effect of trends on detrended fluctuation analysis,” Physical Review E, vol. 64, no. 1, Article ID 011114, 2001.
- Z. Chen, P. C. Ivanov, K. Hu, and H. E. Stanley, “Effect of nonstationarities on detrended fluctuation analysis,” Physical Review E, vol. 65, no. 4, Article ID 041107, 2002.
- R. B. Govindan, D. Vyushin, A. Bunde, S. Brenner, S. Havlin, and H. J. Schellnhuber, “Global climate models violate scaling of the observed atmospheric variability,” Physical Review Letters, vol. 89, no. 2, Article ID 028501, 4 pages, 2002.
- A. Bunde and S. Havlin, “Power-law persistence in the atmosphere and in the oceans,” Physica A, vol. 314, no. 1–4, pp. 15–24, 2002.
- M. L. Kurnaz, “Application of detrended fluctuation analysis to monthly average of the maximum daily temperatures to resolve different climates,” Fractals, vol. 12, no. 4, pp. 365–373, 2004.
- A. Király and I. M. Jánosi, “Detrended fluctuation analysis of daily temperature records: geographic dependence over Australia,” Meteorology and Atmospheric Physics, vol. 88, pp. 119–129, 2005.
- X. Chen, G. Lin, and Z. Fu, “Long-range correlations in daily relative humidity fluctuations: a new index to characterize the climate regions over China,” Geophysical Research Letters, vol. 34, no. 7, Article ID L07804, 2007.
- R. B. Govixdan and H. Kantz, “Long-term correlations and multifractality in surface wind speed,” Europhysics Letters, vol. 68, no. 2, pp. 184–190, 2004.
- C. Varotsos, “Power-law correlations in column ozone over Antarctica,” International Journal of Remote Sensing, vol. 26, no. 16, pp. 3333–3342, 2005.
- C. Varotsos, J. Ondov, and M. Efstathiou, “Scaling properties of air pollution in Athens, Greece and Baltimore, Maryland,” Atmospheric Environment, vol. 39, no. 22, pp. 4041–4047, 2005.
- D. Maraun, H. W. Rust, and J. Timmer, “Tempting long-memory—on the interpretation of DFA results,” Nonlinear Processes in Geophysics, vol. 11, no. 4, pp. 495–503, 2004.
- C. A. Varotsos, M. N. Efstathiou, and A. P. Cracknell, “On the scaling effect in global surface air temperature anomalies,” Atmospheric Chemistry and Physics, vol. 13, pp. 5243–5253, 2013.
- A. Arneodo, E. Bacry, and J. F. Muzy, “The thermodynamics of fractals revisited with wavelets,” Physica A, vol. 213, no. 1-2, pp. 232–275, 1995.
- H. E. Stanley, L. A. N. Amaral, A. L. Goldberger, S. Havlin, P. C. Ivanov, and C.-K. Peng, “Statistical physics and physiology: monofractal and multifractal approaches,” Physica A, vol. 270, no. 1, pp. 309–324, 1999.
- J. W. Kantelhardt, S. A. Zschiegner, E. Koscielny-Bunde, S. Havlin, A. Bunde, and H. E. Stanley, “Multifractal detrended fluctuation analysis of nonstationary time series,” Physica A, vol. 316, no. 1–4, pp. 87–114, 2002.
- K. Matia, Y. Ashkenazy, and H. E. Stanley, “Multifractal properties of price fluctuations of stocks and commodities,” Europhysics Letters, vol. 61, no. 3, pp. 422–428, 2003.
- R. G. Kavasseri and R. Nagarajan, “A multifractal description of wind speed records,” Chaos, Solitons & Fractals, vol. 24, no. 1, pp. 165–173, 2005.
- N. K. Vitanov and E. D. Yankulova, “Multifractal analysis of the long-range correlations in the cardiac dynamics of Drosophila melanogaster,” Chaos, Solitons & Fractals, vol. 28, no. 3, pp. 768–775, 2006.
- T. Feng, Z. Fu, X. Deng, and J. Mao, “A brief description to different multi-fractal behaviors of daily wind speed records over China,” Physics Letters A, vol. 373, no. 45, pp. 4134–4141, 2009.
- G. Lin, X. Chen, and Z. Fu, “Temporal-spatial diversities of long-range correlation for relative humidity over China,” Physica A, vol. 383, no. 2, pp. 585–594, 2007.
- N. Yuan, Z. Fu, and J. Mao, “Different scaling behaviors in daily temperature records over China,” Physica A, vol. 389, no. 19, pp. 4087–4095, 2010.
- L. Jiang, N. Yuan, Z. Fu, D. Wang, X. Zhao, and X. Zhu, “Subarea characteristics of the long-range correlations and the index χ for daily temperature records over China,” Theoretical and Applied Climatology, vol. 109, no. 1-2, pp. 261–270, 2012.
- G. Lin and Z. Fu, “A universal model to characterize different multi-fractal behaviors of daily temperature records over China,” Physica A, vol. 387, no. 2-3, pp. 573–579, 2008.
- N. Yuan, Z. Fu, and J. Mao, “Different multi-fractal behaviors of diurnal temperature range over the north and the south of China,” Theoretical and Applied Climatology, vol. 112, pp. 673–682, 2013.
- C. Varotsos, M. Efstathiou, and C. Tzanis, “Scaling behaviour of the global tropopause,” Atmospheric Chemistry and Physics, vol. 9, no. 2, pp. 677–683, 2009.
- J. Feder, Fractals, Plenum Press, New York, NY, USA, 1988.
- A. Bunde and S. Havlin, Fractals in Science, Springer, Heidelberg, Germany, 1995.
- P. Zhai and X. Pan, “Trends in temperature extremes during 1951–1999 in China,” Geophysical Research Letters, vol. 30, no. 17, pp. 9–4, 2003.
- P. Zhai, X. Zhang, H. Wan, and X. Pan, “Trends in total precipitation and frequency of daily precipitation extremes over China,” Journal of Climate, vol. 18, no. 7, pp. 1096–1108, 2005.
- X. Zou, P. Zhai, and Q. Zhang, “Variations in droughts over China, 1951–2003,” Geophysical Research Letters, vol. 32, Article ID L04707, 2005.