- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Advances in Meteorology
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 461693, 6 pages
La Niña Impacts on Austral Summer Extremely High-Streamflow Events of the Paranaíba River in Brazil
1Department of Geography, Delhi School of Economics, University of Delhi, Delhi 110007, India
2Environmental Engineering, Federal University of Fronteira Sul, Erechim 181, Brazil
3Research Institute for Global Change, JAMSTEC, Yokohama 236-0001, Japan
Received 15 August 2013; Accepted 18 October 2013
Academic Editor: Xiangzheng Deng
Copyright © 2013 Netrananda Sahu et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- N. Sahu, S. K. Behera, Y. Yamashiki, K. Takara, and T. Yamagata, “IOD and ENSO impacts on the extreme stream-flows of Citarum river in Indonesia,” Climate Dynamics, vol. 39, no. 7-8, pp. 1673–1680, 2012.
- N. Sahu, Y. Yamashiki, S. Behera, K. Takara, and T. Yamagata, “Large impacts of indo-pacific climate modes on the extreme streamflows of citarum river in indonesia,” Journal of Global Environment Engineering, vol. 17, pp. 1–8, 2012.
- N. Sahu, S. K. Behera, J. V. Ratnam et al., “El Nino Modoki connection to extremely-low streamflow of the Paranaiba River in Brazil,” Climate Dynamics, 2013.
- S. Hastenrath, “Diagnostic and prediction of anomalous river discharges in northern South America,” Journal of Climate, vol. 3, pp. 1080–1096, 1990.
- C. R. Mechoso and G. P. Iribarren, “Streamflow in Southeastern America and the Southern oscillation,” Journal of Climate, vol. 5, no. 12, pp. 1535–1539, 1992.
- J. L. Genta, G. Perez-Iribarren, and C. R. Mechoso, “A recent increasing trend in the streamflow of rivers in southeastern South America,” Journal of Climate, vol. 11, no. 11, pp. 2858–2862, 1998.
- F. H. S. Chiew and T. A. McMahon, “Detection of trend or change in annual flow of Australian rivers,” International Journal of Climatology, vol. 13, no. 6, pp. 643–653, 1993.
- A. W. Robertson and C. R. Mechoso, “Interannual and decadal cycles in river flows of southeastern South America,” Journal of Climate, vol. 11, no. 10, pp. 2570–2581, 1998.
- J. E. Richey, C. Nobre, and C. Deser, “Amazon River discharge and climate variability: 1903 to 1985,” Science, vol. 246, no. 4926, pp. 101–103, 1989.
- IGAM (Institute of Water Management of Minas Gerais), “Surface water quality monitoring in the Paranaiba river basin during 2007,” Annual Report, IGAM, 2008, Portuguese.
- P. Aceituno, “On the fluctioning of the Southern oscillation in the South America sector,” Monthly Weather Review, vol. 116, no. 3, pp. 505–524, 1988.
- J. A. Marengo, “Variations and change in South American streamflow,” Climatic Change, vol. 31, no. 1, pp. 99–117, 1995.
- N. O. García and W. M. Vargas, “The temporal climatic variability in the 'Rio de la Plata' basin displayed by the river discharges,” Climatic Change, vol. 38, no. 3, pp. 359–379, 1998.
- R. V. Andreoli and M. T. Kayano, “ENSO-related rainfall anomalies in South America and associated circulation features during warm and cold Pacific decadal oscillation regimes,” International Journal of Climatology, vol. 25, no. 15, pp. 2017–2030, 2005.
- M. T. Kayano and R. V. Andreoli, “Relations of South American summer rainfall interannual variations with the Pacific Decadal Oscillation,” International Journal of Climatology, vol. 27, no. 4, pp. 531–540, 2007.
- K. J. Beven, R. Lamb, P. Quinn, R. Romanowicz, and J. Freer, “Topmodel,” in Computer Models of Watersh, V. P. Singh, Ed., pp. 627–668, Water Resources Publication, 1995.
- Y. Hirabayashi, S. Kanae, K. Motoya, K. Masuda, and P. Doll, “A 59-year (1948–2006) global near-surface meteorological data set for land surface models,” Development of Daily Forcing and Assessment of Precipitation Intensity, Hydrological Research Letters, vol. 2, pp. 36–40, 2008.
- C. H. B. Priestley and R. J. Taylor, “On the assessment of surface heat flux and evaporation using large-scale parameters,” Monthly Weather Review, vol. 100, no. 2, pp. 81–92, 1972.
- E. Kalnay, M. Kanamitsu, R. Kistler et al., “The NCEP/NCAR 40-year reanalysis project,” Bulletin of the American Meteorological Society, vol. 77, no. 3, pp. 437–471, 1996.
- B. Liebman and C. A. Smith, “Description of a complete (Interpolated) outgoing longwave radiation dataset,” Bulletin of the American Meteorological Society, vol. 77, pp. 1275–1277, 1996.
- R. W. Reynolds, T. M. Smith, C. Liu, D. B. Chelton, K. S. Casey, and M. G. Schlax, “Daily high-resolution-blended analyses for sea surface temperature,” Journal of Climate, vol. 20, no. 22, pp. 5473–5496, 2007.
- L. B. Leopold, M. G. Wolman, and J. P. Miller, Fluvial Processes in Geomorphology, Dover Publications, 1964.
- R. V. Silva, Y. Yamashiki, K. Tatsumi, and K. Takara, “Large-scale runoff routing modeling using TOPMODEL,” Annual Journal of Hydraulic Engineering, vol. 54, pp. 91–96, 2010.
- R. V. Silva, F. Grison, and M. Kobiyama, “Conceptual investigation of time of concentration: Case study of the Pequeno River watershed, Sao Jose dos Pinhais, PR, Brazil,” in From Headwaters To the Ocean, Taniguchi, Ed., Taylor & Francis Group, London, UK, 2009.
- J. E. Nash and J. V. Sutcliffe, “River flow forecasting through conceptual models part I—a discussion of principles,” Journal of Hydrology, vol. 10, no. 3, pp. 282–290, 1970.
- M. Hollander and D. A. Wolfe, Nonparametric Statistical Methods, John Wiley & Sons, Hoboken, NJ, USA, 1999.