- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Advances in Meteorology
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 469786, 7 pages
Temporal Variations in Concentrations of Ozone, Nitrogen Dioxide, and Carbon Monoxide at Osijek, Croatia
Department of Chemistry, University of Josip Juraj Strossmayer, Cara Hadrijana 8/A, 31000 Osijek, Croatia
Received 6 September 2013; Revised 19 November 2013; Accepted 21 November 2013
Academic Editor: Harry D. Kambezidis
Copyright © 2013 Elvira Kovač-Andrić et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- A. Charron and R. M. Harrison, “Primary particle formation from vehicle emissions during exhaust dilution in the roadside atmosphere,” Atmospheric Environment, vol. 37, no. 29, pp. 4109–4119, 2003.
- R. Vingarzan, “A review of surface ozone background levels and trends,” Atmospheric Environment, vol. 38, no. 21, pp. 3431–3442, 2004.
- S. E. Bauer and B. Langmann, “Analysis of a summer smog episode in the Berlin-Brandenburg region with a nested atmosphere—chemistry model,” Atmospheric Chemistry and Physics, vol. 2, no. 4, pp. 259–270, 2002.
- P. O. Wennberg, T. F. Hanisco, L. Jaeglé et al., “Hydrogen radicals, nitrogen radicals, and the production of O3 in the upper troposphere,” Science, vol. 279, no. 5347, pp. 49–53, 1998.
- J. H. Seinfeld and S. N. Pandis, Atmospheric Chemistry and Physics: From Air Pollution To Climate Change, John Wiley & Sons, New York, NY, USA, 2nd edition, 2006.
- J. T. Houghton, Y. Ding, D. J. Griggs et al., “Climate change 2001: the scientific basic,” IPPC, Cambridge University Press, Cambridge, UK, 2001.
- M. V. Toro, L. V. Cremades, and J. Calbó, “Relationship between VOC and NOx emissions and chemical production of tropospheric ozone in the Aburrá Valley (Colombia),” Chemosphere, vol. 65, no. 5, pp. 881–888, 2006.
- M. R. Ashmore, “Assessing the future global impacts of ozone on vegetation,” Plant, Cell and Environment, vol. 28, no. 8, pp. 949–964, 2005.
- A. N. Mikerov, X. Gan, T. M. Umstead et al., “Sex differences in the impact of ozone on survival and alveolar macrophage function of mice after Klebsiella pneumoniae infection,” Respiratory Research, vol. 9, article 24, 2008.
- J. A. Patz, D. Campbell-Lendrum, T. Holloway, and J. A. Foley, “Impact of regional climate change on human health,” Nature, vol. 438, no. 7066, pp. 310–317, 2005.
- M. Kampa and E. Castanas, “Human health effects of air pollution,” Environmental Pollution, vol. 151, no. 2, pp. 362–367, 2008.
- E. Kovač and T. Cvitaš, “Boundary layer ozone in Osijek, Eastern Croatia,” Geofizika, vol. 24, no. 2, pp. 117–122, 2007.
- E. Kovač-Andrić, G. Šorgo, N. Kezele, T. Cvitaš, and L. Klasinc, “Photochemical pollution indicators-an analysis of 12 European monitoring stations,” Environmental Monitoring and Assessment, vol. 165, no. 1–4, pp. 577–583, 2010.
- L. Klasinc, T. Cvitaš, S. P. McGlynn, M. Hu, X. Tang, and Y. Zhangd, “Photochemical pollution indicators in the subtropics,” Croatica Chemica Acta, vol. 84, no. 1, pp. 11–16, 2011.
- A. D. McNaught and A. Wilkinson, Compendium of Chemical Terminology: Iupac Recommendations, Blackwell Science, Oxford, UK, 2nd edition, 1997.
- X.-K. Wang and W.-Z. Lu, “Seasonal variation of air pollution index: Hong Kong case study,” Chemosphere, vol. 63, no. 8, pp. 1261–1272, 2006.
- “Directive 2002/3/EC of the European Parliament and of the Council relating to ozone in ambient air,” Official Journal of the European Communities L 67 LEX-FAOC039805, 2002.
- “Directive 2008/50/EC of the European Parliament and of the Council on ambient air quality and cleaner air for Europe,” Official Journal of the European Union L 152 LEX-FAOC080016, 2008.
- “Directives 2000/69/EC of the European Parliament and of the Council of 18 November 2000 relating to limit values for benzene and carbon monoxide in ambient air,” Official Journal of the European Union L 313 LEX-FAOC038310, 2000.
- S. J. Oltmans, A. S. Lefohn, J. M. Harris et al., “Long-term changes in tropospheric ozone,” Atmospheric Environment, vol. 40, no. 17, pp. 3156–3173, 2006.
- R. H. Vlada, “Directive on ozone in air,” 130/11, Narodne Novine, Zagreb, Croatia, 2011 (Croatian).
- R. G. Derwent, P. G. Simmonds, S. Seuring, and C. Dimmer, “Observation and interpretation of the seasonal cycles in the surface concentrations of ozone and carbon monoxide at Mace Head, Ireland from 1990 to 1994,” Atmospheric Environment, vol. 32, no. 2, pp. 145–157, 1998.
- V. Gvozdić, E. Kovač-Andrić, and J. Brana, “Influence of meteorological factors NO2, SO2, CO and PM10 on the concentration of O3 in the urban atmosphere of Eastern Croatia,” Environmental Modeling and Assessment, vol. 16, no. 5, pp. 491–501, 2011.
- T. Yorifuji, I. Kawachi, M. Kaneda, S. Takao, S. Kashima, and H. Doi, “Diesel vehicle emission and death rates in Tokyo, Japan: a natural experiment,” Science of the Total Environment, vol. 409, no. 19, pp. 3620–3627, 2011.
- K. S. Bradley, D. H. Stedman, and G. A. Bishop, “A global inventory of carbon monoxide emissions from motor vehicles,” Chemosphere, vol. 1, no. 1–3, pp. 65–72, 1999.
- E. Kovač-Andrić, J. Brana, and V. Gvozdić, “Impact of meteorological factors on ozone concentrations modelled by time series analysis and multivariate statistical methods,” Ecological Informatics, vol. 4, no. 2, pp. 117–122, 2009.
- M. Statheropoulos, N. Vassiliadis, and A. Pappa, “Principal component and canonical correlation analysis for examining air pollution and meteorological data,” Atmospheric Environment, vol. 32, no. 6, pp. 1087–1095, 1998.