- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Advances in Meteorology
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 901240, 9 pages
Capabilities of Satellite-Based Precipitation to Estimate the Spatiotemporal Variation of Flood/Drought Class in Poyang Lake Basin
1State Key Laboratory of Lake Science and Environment, Nanjing Institute of Geography and Limnology, Chinese Academy of Sciences, 73 East Beijing Road, Nanjing 210008, China
2School of Geographical Sciences, Southwest University, Chongqing 400715, China
Received 16 June 2013; Revised 18 November 2013; Accepted 26 November 2013
Academic Editor: Luis Gimeno
Copyright © 2013 Xianghu Li et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- Q. Hu, S. Feng, H. Guo, G. Chen, and T. Jiang, “Interactions of the Yangtze river flow and hydrologic processes of the Poyang lake, China,” Journal of Hydrology, vol. 347, no. 1-2, pp. 90–100, 2007.
- H. Guo, Q. Hu, and T. Jiang, “Annual and seasonal streamflow responses to climate and land-cover changes in the Poyang lake basin, China,” Journal of Hydrology, vol. 355, no. 1–4, pp. 106–122, 2008.
- F. Wang, D. Y. Wu, and R. F. Li, “Analysis on flood disaster characteristic in lake Poyang region,” Journal of Lake Science, vol. 20, no. 4, pp. 500–506, 2008 (Chinese).
- M. X. Yu, Q. F. Li, M. J. Hayes, M. D. Svoboda, and R. R. Heim, “Are droughts becoming more frequent or severe in China based on the standardized precipitation evapotranspiration index: 1951–2010?” International Journal of Climatology, 2013.
- Q. Min, J. G. Shi, and D. Min, “Characteristics of sediment into and out of Poyanghu lake from 1956 to 2005,” Journal of China Hydrology, vol. 31, no. 1, pp. 54–58, 2011 (Chinese).
- Y. Zhao, “Thinking on the flood disaster in the middle reaches of the Yangtze river,” Earth Science Frontiers, vol. 7, pp. 87–93, 2000.
- S. M. Cai, Y. Du, J. Huang, S. Wu, and H. Xue, “Causes of flooding and water logging in middle reaches of the Yangtze river and construction of decision-making support system for monitoring and evaluation of flooding and water logging hazards,” Earth Science, vol. 26, no. 6, pp. 643–647, 2001 (Chinese).
- D. Shankman, B. D. Keim, and J. Song, “Flood frequency in China's Poyang lake region: trends and teleconnections,” International Journal of Climatology, vol. 26, no. 9, pp. 1255–1266, 2006.
- X. H. Li, Q. Zhang, and C. Y. Xu, “Suitability of the TRMM satellite rainfalls in driving a distributed hydrological model for water balance computations in Xinjiang catchment, Poyang lake basin,” Journal of Hydrology, vol. 426-427, pp. 28–38, 2012.
- S. Stisen and I. Sandholt, “Evaluation of remote-sensing-based rainfall products through predictive capability in hydrological runoff modelling,” Hydrological Processes, vol. 24, no. 7, pp. 879–891, 2010.
- L. Samaniego, R. Kumar, and C. Jackisch, “Predictions in a data-sparse region using a regionalized grid-based hydrologic model driven by remotely sensed data,” Hydrology Research, vol. 42, no. 5, pp. 338–355, 2011.
- L. Hu, Y. D. Li, Y. Song, and D. F. Deng, “Seasonal variability in tropical and subtropical convective and stratiform precipitation of the east asian monsoon,” Science China Earth Sciences, vol. 54, no. 10, pp. 1595–1603, 2011.
- J. Y. Mao and G. X. Wu, “Diurnal variations of summer precipitation over the asian monsoon region as revealed by TRMM satellite data,” Science China Earth Sciences, vol. 55, no. 4, pp. 554–566, 2012.
- Y. F. Fu, Q. Liu, Y. Zi, S. Feng, Y. Q. Li, and G. S. Liu, “Summer precipitation and latent heating over the tibetan plateau based on TRMM measurements,” Plateau and Mountain Meteorology Research, vol. 28, no. 1, pp. 8–18, 2008 (Chinese).
- Q. Zhu, X. W. Chen, Q. X. Fan, H. Jin, and J. Li, “A new procedure to estimate the rainfall erosivity factor based on Tropical Rainfall Measuring Mission (TRMM) data,” Science China Technological Sciences, vol. 54, no. 9, pp. 2437–2445, 2011.
- J. Gottschalck, J. Meng, M. Rodell, and P. Houser, “Analysis of multiple precipitation products and preliminary assessment of their impact on global land data assimilation system land surface states,” Journal of Hydrometeorology, vol. 6, no. 5, pp. 573–598, 2005.
- Y. D. Tian and C. D. Peters-Lidard, “Systematic anomalies over inland water bodies in satellite-based precipitation estimates,” Geophysical Research Letters, vol. 34, no. 14, Article ID L14403, 2007.
- G. J. Huffman, R. F. Adler, D. T. Bolvin et al., “The TRMM Multisatellite Precipitation Analysis (TMPA): quasi-global, multiyear, combined-sensor precipitation estimates at fine scales,” Journal of Hydrometeorology, vol. 8, no. 1, pp. 38–55, 2007.
- T. Sawunyama and D. A. Hughes, “Application of satellite-derived rainfall estimates to extend water resource simulation modelling in South Africa,” Water SA, vol. 34, no. 1, pp. 1–9, 2008.
- L. T. Du, Q. J. Tian, T. Yu et al., “A comprehensive drought monitoring method integrating MODIS and TRMM data,” International Journal of Applied Earth Observation and Geoinformation, vol. 23, pp. 245–253, 2013.
- R. R. E. Vernimmen, A. Hooijer, M. Mamenun, E. Aldrian, and A. I. J. M. Van Dijk, “Evaluation and bias correction of satellite rainfall data for drought monitoring in Indonesia,” Hydrology and Earth System Sciences, vol. 16, no. 1, pp. 133–146, 2012.
- H. W. Zeng, L. J. Li, and J. Y. Li, “The evaluation of TRMM Multisatellite Precipitation Analysis (TMPA) in drought monitoring in the Lancang river basin,” Journal of Geographical Sciences, vol. 22, no. 2, pp. 273–282, 2012.
- G. Naumann, P. Barbosa, H. Carrao, A. Singleton, and J. Vogt, “Monitoring drought conditions and their uncertainties in Africa using TRMM data,” Journal of Applied Meteorology and Climatology, vol. 51, no. 10, pp. 1867–1874, 2012.
- A. AghaKouchak and N. Nakhjiri, “A near real-time satellite-based global drought climate data record,” Environmental Research Letters, vol. 7, no. 4, Article ID 044037, 2012.
- X. C. Ye, Q. Zhang, J. Liu, X. H. Li, and C. Y. Xu, “Distinguishing the relative impacts of climate change and human activities on variation of streamflow in the Poyang lake catchment, China,” Journal of Hydrology, vol. 494, pp. 83–95, 2013.
- G. Xu and Z. Qin, “Flood estimation methods for Poyang lake area,” Journal of Lake Sciences, vol. 10, no. 1, pp. 51–56, 1998 (Chinese).
- X. H. Li, Q. Zhang, and C. Y. Xu, “Assessing the performance of satellite-based precipitation products and its dependence on topography over Poyang lake basin,” Theoretical and Applied Climatology, 2013.
- W. P. Yuan and G. S. Zhou, “Comparison between standardized precipitation index and Z-index in China,” Acta Phytoecologica Sinica, vol. 28, no. 4, pp. 523–529, 2004 (Chinese).
- H. Wu, M. J. Hayes, A. Weiss, and Q. Hu, “An evolution of the standardized precipitation index, the China-Z index and the statistical Z-score,” International Journal of Climatology, vol. 21, no. 6, pp. 745–758, 2001.
- R. Daley, Atmospheric Data Analysis, Cambridge University Press, Cambridge, UK, 1991.
- J. G. Li, J. R. Li, S. F. Huang, and X. T. Li, “Characteristics of the recent 10-year flood/drought over the Dongting lake basin based on TRMM precipitation data and regional integrated Z-index,” Resources Science, vol. 32, no. 6, pp. 1103–1110, 2010 (Chinese).