- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Advances in Meteorology
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 908307, 9 pages
Projection of the Spatially Explicit Land Use/Cover Changes in China, 2010–2100
1Faculty of Resources and Environmental Science, Hubei University, Wuhan 430062, China
2Bureau of Science and Technology for Development, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Beijing 100864, China
3Shenzhen Environmental Monitoring Center, Shenzhen, Guangdong 518049, China
4Institute of Geographic and Natural Resources Research, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Beijing 100101, China
5State Key Laboratory of Water Environment Simulation, School of Environment, Beijing Normal University, Beijing 100875, China
Received 18 July 2013; Accepted 31 August 2013
Academic Editor: Xiangzheng Deng
Copyright © 2013 Yongwei Yuan et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- P. H. Verburg, “Simulating feedbacks in land use and land cover change models,” Landscape Ecology, vol. 21, no. 8, pp. 1171–1183, 2006.
- I. Secretariat, “GLP (2005) science plan and implementation strategy,” Tech. Rep. 53, IGBP, Stockholm, Sweden, 2005.
- B. L. Turner, D. Skole, S. Sanderson, G. Fischer, L. Fresco, and R. Leemans, “Land-use and land-cover change. Science/Research plan,” Global Change Report, IGBP, Stockholm, Sweden, 1995.
- A. Berg, C. Papageorgiou, C. A. Pattillo, and N. Spatafora, “The end of an era? The medium-and long-term effects of the global crisis on growth in low-income countries,” IMF Working Papers, 2010.
- J. Liu and J. Diamond, “China's environment in a globalizing world,” Nature, vol. 435, no. 7046, pp. 1179–1186, 2005.
- J. Y. Liu and X. Z. Deng, “Progress of the research methodologies on the temporal and spatial process of LUCC,” Chinese Science Bulletin, vol. 55, no. 14, pp. 1354–1362, 2010.
- R. S. Yin, Q. Xiang, J. T. Xu, and X. Z. Deng, “Modeling the driving forces of the land use and land cover changes along the upper Yangtze river of China,” Environmental Management, vol. 45, no. 3, pp. 454–465, 2010.
- F. Hasselmann, E. Csaplovics, I. Falconer, M. Bürgi, and A. M. Hersperger, “Technological driving forces of LUCC: conceptualization, quantification, and the example of urban power distribution networks,” Land Use Policy, vol. 27, no. 2, pp. 628–637, 2010.
- R. Patarasuk and M. W. Binford, “Longitudinal analysis of the road network development and land-cover change in Lop Buri province, Thailand, 1989–2006,” Applied Geography, vol. 32, no. 2, pp. 228–239, 2012.
- Y. Liu, J. Wang, and X. Deng, “Rocky land desertification and its driving forces in the karst areas of rural Guangxi, Southwest China,” Journal of Mountain Science, vol. 5, no. 4, pp. 350–357, 2008.
- X. Deng, Q. Jiang, J. Zhan, S. He, and Y. Lin, “Simulation on the dynamics of forest area changes in Northeast China,” Journal of Geographical Sciences, vol. 20, no. 4, pp. 495–509, 2010.
- D. K. Munroe and D. Müller, “Issues in spatially explicit statistical land-use/cover change (LUCC) models: examples from western Honduras and the Central Highlands of Vietnam,” Land Use Policy, vol. 24, no. 3, pp. 521–530, 2007.
- A. Veldkamp and E. F. Lambin, “Predicting land-use change,” Agriculture, Ecosystems and Environment, vol. 85, no. 1–3, pp. 1–6, 2001.
- R. G. Pontius Jr. and L. C. Schneider, “Land-cover change model validation by an ROC method for the Ipswich watershed, Massachusetts, USA,” Agriculture, Ecosystems and Environment, vol. 85, no. 1–3, pp. 239–248, 2001.
- E. F. Lambin, B. L. Turner, H. J. Geist et al., “The causes of land-use and land-cover change: moving beyond the myths,” Global Environmental Change, vol. 11, no. 4, pp. 261–269, 2001.
- H. Zhao, E. Uchida, X. Deng, and S. Rozelle, “Do trees grow with the economy? A spatial analysis of the determinants of forest cover change in Sichuan, China,” Environmental and Resource Economics, vol. 50, no. 1, pp. 61–82, 2011.
- A. Veldkamp and L. O. Fresco, “CLUE: a conceptual model to study the conversion of land use and its effects,” Ecological Modelling, vol. 85, no. 2-3, pp. 253–270, 1996.
- P. H. Verburg and Y. Chen, “Multiscale characterization of land-use patterns in China,” Ecosystems, vol. 3, no. 4, pp. 369–385, 2000.
- P. H. Verburg, G. H. J. de Koning, K. Kok, A. Veldkamp, and J. Bouma, “A spatial explicit allocation procedure for modelling the pattern of land use change based upon actual land use,” Ecological Modelling, vol. 116, no. 1, pp. 45–61, 1999.
- T. Zhang and D. Zhang, “Agent-based simulation of consumer purchase decision-making and the decoy effect,” Journal of Business Research, vol. 60, no. 8, pp. 912–922, 2007.
- R. White and G. Engelen, “High-resolution integrated modelling of the spatial dynamics of urban and regional systems,” Computers, Environment and Urban Systems, vol. 24, no. 5, pp. 383–400, 2000.
- J. Liu, M. Liu, D. Zhuang, Z. Zhang, and X. Deng, “Study on spatial pattern of land-use change in China during 1995–2000,” Science in China Series D, vol. 46, no. 4, pp. 373–384, 2003.
- H. J. Geist and E. F. Lambin, “Proximate causes and underlying driving forces of tropical deforestation: tropical forests are disappearing as the result of many pressures, both local and regional, acting in various combinations in different geographical locations,” BioScience, vol. 52, no. 2, pp. 143–150, 2002.
- X. Deng, H. Su, and J. Zhan, “Integration of multiple data sources to simulate the dynamics of land systems,” Sensors, vol. 8, no. 2, pp. 620–634, 2008.
- F. Chen and G. Liu, “Population aging in China,” in International Handbook of Population Aging, vol. 1, pp. 157–172, 2009.
- W. Lutz and K. C. Samir, “Dimensions of global population projections: what do we know about future population trends and structures?” Philosophical Transactions of the Royal Society B, vol. 365, no. 1554, pp. 2779–2791, 2010.
- K. C. Samir, B. Barakat, A. Goujon, V. Skirbekk, W. Sanderson, and W. Lutz, “Projection of populations by level of educational attainment, age, and sex for 120 countries for 2005–2050,” Demographic Research, vol. 22, no. 15, pp. 383–472, 2010.
- R. M. Northam, “Population size, relative location, and declining urban centers: conterminous United States, 1940–1960,” Land Economics, vol. 45, no. 3, pp. 313–322, 1969.
- R. M. Northam, “Vacant urban land in the American city,” Land Economics, vol. 47, no. 4, pp. 345–355, 1971.
- X. Deng, Modeling the Dynamics and Consequences of Land System Change, Higher Education Press, Beijng, China, 2011.