- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Advances in Meteorology
Volume 2014 (2014), Article ID 696202, 6 pages
A Subgrid Parameterization for Wind Turbines in Weather Prediction Models with an Application to Wind Resource Limits
1School of Meteorology, University of Oklahoma, Norman, OK 73072-7307, USA
2Department of Geography and Earth Sciences, University of North Carolina at Charlotte, Charlotte, NC 28223-0001, USA
Received 10 September 2013; Accepted 22 December 2013; Published 9 January 2014
Academic Editor: Huei-Ping Huang
Copyright © 2014 B. H. Fiedler and A. S. Adams. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- J. S. Greene, M. Chatelain, M. Morrissey, and S. Stadler, “Projected future wind speed and wind power density trends over the western us high plains,” Atmospheric and Climate Sciences, vol. 2, no. 1, pp. 32–40, 2012.
- A. S. Adams and D. W. Keith, “Are global wind power resource estimates overstated?” Environmental Research Letters, vol. 8, no. 1, Article ID 015021, 2013.
- B. H. Fiedler and M. S. Bukovsky, “The effect of a giant wind farm on precipitation in a regional climate model,” Environmental Research Letters, vol. 6, no. 4, Article ID 045101, 2011.
- A. C. Fitch, J. B. Olson, J. K. Lundquist et al., “Local and mesoscale impacts of wind farms as parameterized in a mesoscale nwp model,” Monthly Weather Review, vol. 140, no. 9, pp. 3017–3038, 2012.
- W. C. Skamarock and A. Coauthors, “description of the advanced research WRF version 3,” Tech. Rep. NCAR/TN-4751STR, National Center for Atmospheric Research, 2008.
- P. W. Carlin, A. S. Laxson, and E. B. Muljadi, “The history and state of the art of variable-speed wind turbine technology,” Wind Energy, vol. 6, no. 2, pp. 129–159, 2003.
- D. W. Keith, J. F. DeCarolis, D. C. Denkenberger et al., “The influence of large-scale wind power on global climate,” Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America, vol. 101, no. 46, pp. 16115–16120, 2004.
- M. Z. Jacobson and C. L. Archer, “Saturation wind power potential and its implications for wind energy,” Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, vol. 109, no. 39, pp. 15679–15684, 2012.
- E. L. Petersen, I. Troen, H. E. Jrgensen, and J. Mann, “Are local wind power resources well estimated?” Environmental Research Letters, vol. 8, no. 1, Article ID 011005, 2013.