- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Advances in Meteorology
Volume 2014 (2014), Article ID 748169, 7 pages
Advances in Observation and Estimation of Land Use Impacts on Climate Changes: Improved Data, Upgraded Models, and Case Studies
1Department of Geography, Delhi School of Economics, University of Delhi, Delhi 110007, India
2State Key Laboratory of Water Environment Simulation, School of Environment, Beijing Normal University, Beijing 100875, China
Received 28 August 2013; Revised 15 December 2013; Accepted 18 December 2013; Published 12 January 2014
Academic Editor: Burak Güneralp
Copyright © 2014 R. B. Singh and Chenchen Shi. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- X. Deng, C. Zhao, and H. Yan, “Systematic modeling of impacts of land use and land cover changes on regional climate: a review,” Advances in Meteorology, vol. 2013, Article ID 317678, 11 pages, 2013.
- R. A. Pielke, J. Adegoke, A. Beltrán-Przekurat et al., “An overview of regional land-use and land-cover impacts on rainfall,” Tellus, Series B, vol. 59, no. 3, pp. 587–601, 2007.
- E. Matthews, “Global vegetation and land use: new high-resolution data bases for climate studies,” Journal of Climate & Applied Meteorology, vol. 22, no. 3, pp. 474–487, 1983.
- J. S. Olson, J. A. Watts, and L. J. Allison, “Carbon in live vegetation of major word ecosystems,” Tech. Rep. ORNL-5862, Oak Ridge National Laboratory, Oak Ridge, Tenn, USA, 1983.
- J. Cihlar, “Land cover mapping of large areas from satellites: status and research priorities,” International Journal of Remote Sensing, vol. 21, no. 6-7, pp. 1093–1114, 2000.
- T. R. Loveland, B. C. Reed, J. F. Brown et al., “Development of a global land cover characteristics database and IGBP DISCover from 1 km AVHRR data,” International Journal of Remote Sensing, vol. 21, no. 6-7, pp. 1303–1330, 2000.
- M. C. Hansen and B. Reed, “A comparison of the IGBP DISCover and University of Maryland 1 km global land cover products,” International Journal of Remote Sensing, vol. 21, no. 6-7, pp. 1365–1373, 2000.
- J. Olson, “Global ecosystem framework-definitions,” USGS EROS Data Center Internal Report, Sioux Falls, SD, vol. 37, 1994.
- J. Olson, “Global ecosystem framework-translation strategy,” USGS EROS Data Center Internal Report, Sioux Falls, SD, vol. 39, 1994.
- J. Ge, J. Qi, B. M. Lofgren, N. Moore, N. Torbick, and J. M. Olson, “Impacts of land use/cover classification accuracy on regional climate simulations,” Journal of Geophysical Research D, vol. 112, no. 5, Article ID D05107, 2007.
- J. J. Feddema, K. W. Oleson, G. B. Bonan et al., “Atmospheric science: the importance of land-cover change in simulating future climates,” Science, vol. 310, no. 5754, pp. 1674–1678, 2005.
- Y. H. Ran, X. Li, L. Lu, and Z. Y. Li, “Large-scale land cover mapping with the integration of multi-source information based on the Dempster-Shafer theory,” International Journal of Geographical Information Science, vol. 26, no. 1, pp. 169–191, 2012.
- M. Herold, P. Mayaux, C. E. Woodcock, A. Baccini, and C. Schmullius, “Some challenges in global land cover mapping: an assessment of agreement and accuracy in existing 1 km datasets,” Remote Sensing of Environment, vol. 112, no. 5, pp. 2538–2556, 2008.
- J. Ge, N. Torbick, and J. Qi, “Biophysical evaluation of land-cover products for land-climate modeling,” Earth Interactions, vol. 13, no. 6, 2009.
- F. Wu, J. Zhan, H. Yan, C. Shi, and J. Huang, “Land cover mapping based on multisource spatial data mining approach for climate simulation: a case study in the farming-pastoral ecotone of North China,” Advances in Meteorology, vol. 2013, Article ID 520803, 12 pages, 2013.
- A. Belward and T. Loveland, “The IGBP DIS 1 km land cover project: remote sensing in action,” in Proceedings of the 21st Annual Conference of the Remote Sensing Society, pp. 1099–1106, Southampton, UK, 1995.
- S. W. Running, T. R. Loveland, and L. L. Pierce, “A vegetation classification logic based on remote sensing for use in global biogeochemical models,” Ambio, vol. 23, no. 1, pp. 77–81, 1994.
- P. J. Sellers, S. O. Los, C. J. Tucker et al., “A revised land surface parameterization (SiB2) for atmospheric GCMs. Part II: the generation of global fields of terrestrial biophysical parameters from satellite data,” Journal of Climate, vol. 9, no. 4, pp. 706–737, 1996.
- F. G. D. Committee, “Vegetation Subcommittee. 1997,” FGDC Vegetation Classification and Information Standards, vol. 3, 1996.
- X. Dai, X. Zeng, and R. Dickinson, “The Common Land Model (CLM): technical documentation and user's guide,” Georgia Institute of Technology, 2001.
- D. L. Hartmann, Global Physical Climatology, Academic Press, 1994.
- C. P. Weaver and R. Avissar, “Atmospheric disturbances caused by human modification of the landscape,” Bulletin of the American Meteorological Society, vol. 82, no. 2, pp. 269–281, 2001.
- Z. L. Yang, Modeling Land Surface Processes in Short-Term Weather and Climate Studies, World Scientific Series on Meteorology of East Asia, 2004.
- I. G. Change, Report, 1990.
- P. J. Sellers, R. E. Dickinson, D. A. Randall et al., “Modeling the exchanges of energy, water, and carbon between continents and the atmosphere,” Science, vol. 275, no. 5299, pp. 502–509, 1997.
- R. G. Congalton, “A review of assessing the accuracy of classifications of remotely sensed data,” Remote Sensing of Environment, vol. 37, no. 1, pp. 35–46, 1991.
- G. M. Foody, “Status of land cover classification accuracy assessment,” Remote Sensing of Environment, vol. 80, no. 1, pp. 185–201, 2002.
- C. Homer, C. Huang, L. Yang, B. Wylie, and M. Coan, “Development of a 2001 national land-cover database for the United States,” Photogrammetric Engineering and Remote Sensing, vol. 70, no. 7, pp. 829–840, 2004.
- Y. Ran, X. Li, and L. Lu, “Evaluation of four remote sensing based land cover products over China,” International Journal of Remote Sensing, vol. 31, no. 2, pp. 391–401, 2010.
- Q. B. Le, S. J. Park, P. L. G. Vlek, and A. B. Cremers, “Land-Use Dynamic Simulator (LUDAS): a multi-agent system model for simulating spatio-temporal dynamics of coupled human-landscape system. I. Structure and theoretical specification,” Ecological Informatics, vol. 3, no. 2, pp. 135–153, 2008.
- P. H. Verburg, B. Eickhout, and H. Meijl, “A multi-scale, multi-model approach for analyzing the future dynamics of European land use,” The Annals of Regional Science, vol. 42, no. 1, pp. 57–77, 2008.
- J. Y. Liu and X. Z. Deng, “Progress of the research methodologies on the temporal and spatial process of LUCC,” Chinese Science Bulletin, vol. 55, no. 14, pp. 1354–1362, 2010.
- K. Helming, B. Konig, and K. Tscherning, “SENSOR first annual report (public part),” Management, vol. 30, no. 3, pp. 391–405, 2006.
- T. Jansson, M. Bakker, B. Boitier et al., “Cross sector land use modelling framework,” in Sustainability Impact Assessment of Land Use Changes, pp. 159–180, Springer, 2008.
- X. Deng, Q. Jiang, J. Zhan, S. He, and Y. Lin, “Simulation on the dynamics of forest area changes in Northeast China,” Journal of Geographical Sciences, vol. 20, no. 4, pp. 495–509, 2010.
- T. P. Evans and H. Kelley, “Multi-scale analysis of a household level agent-based model of landcover change,” Journal of Environmental Management, vol. 72, no. 1-2, pp. 57–72, 2004.
- T. Zhang, J. Zhan, J. Huang, R. Yu, and C. Shi, “An Agent-based reasoning of impacts of regional climate changes on land use changes in the Three-River Headwaters Region of China,” Advances in Meteorology, vol. 2013, Article ID 248194, 9 pages, 2013.
- X. Deng, J. Liu, Y. Lin, and C. Shi, “A framework for the land use change dynamics model compatible with RCMs,” Advances in Meteorology, vol. 2013, Article ID 658941, 7 pages, 2013.
- R. H. Moss, J. A. Edmonds, K. A. Hibbard et al., “The next generation of scenarios for climate change research and assessment,” Nature, vol. 463, no. 7282, pp. 747–756, 2010.
- S. Solomon, D. Qin, M. Manning et al., “The physical science basis,” in Contribution of Working Group I to the Fourth Assessment Report of the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change, pp. 235–337, 2007.
- E. Kriegler, B. O'neill, S. Hallegatte et al., CIRED Working Paper DT/WP, 2010.
- N. Nakicenovic, J. Alcamo, G. Davis et al., Special Report on Emissions Scenarios: a special report of Working Group III of the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change, Pacific Northwest National Laboratory, Environmental Molecular Sciences Laboratory (US), Richland, Wash, USA, 2000.
- Q. Xu, Q. Jiang, K. Cao, X. Li, and X. Deng, “Scenario-based analysis on the structural change of land uses in China,” Advances in Meteorology, vol. 2013, Article ID 919013, 12 pages, 2013.
- X. Gao, Y. Shi, D. Zhang, and F. Giorgi, “Climate change in China in the 21st century as simulated by a high resolution regional climate model,” Chinese Science Bulletin, vol. 57, no. 10, pp. 1188–1195, 2012.
- J. Wu, X. Gao, F. Giorgi, Z. Chen, and D. Yu, “Climate effects of the three gorges reservoir as simulated by a high resolution double nested regional climate model,” Quaternary International, vol. 282, pp. 27–36, 2012.
- F. Wu and C. Fu, “Change of precipitation intensity spectra at different spatial scales under warming conditions,” Chinese Science Bulletin, pp. 1–10, 2013.
- R. Qu, X. Cui, H. Yan, E. Ma, and J. Zhan, “Impacts of land cover change on the near-surface temperature in the North China Plain,” Advances in Meteorology, vol. 2013, Article ID 409302, 12 pages, 2013.
- R. Zhang, Z. Li, Y. Yuan, Z. Li, and F. Yin, “Analyses on the changes of grazing capacity in the Three-River Headwaters Region of China under various climate change scenarios,” Advances in Meteorology, vol. 2013, Article ID 951261, 9 pages, 2013.
- X. Deng, Z. Li, J. Huang, Q. Shi, and Y. Li, “A revisit to the impact of land use changes on the human well-being via altering the ecosystem provisioning services,” Advances in Meteorology, vol. 2013, Article ID 907367, 8 pages, 2013.
- R. B. Singh and S. Singh, “Rapid urbanization and induced flood risk in Noida, India,” Asian Geographer, vol. 28, no. 2, pp. 147–169, 2011.
- R. Yamashima, K. Takata, J. Matsumoto, and T. Yasunari, “Numerical study of the impacts of land use/cover changes between 1700 and 1850 on the seasonal hydroclimate in monsoon Asia,” Journal of the Meteorological Society of Japan, vol. 89, pp. 291–298, 2011.
- N. Sahu, S. K. Behera, Y. Yamashiki, K. Takara, and T. Yamagata, “IOD and ENSO impacts on the extreme stream-flows of Citarum river in Indonesia,” Climate Dynamics, vol. 39, no. 7-8, pp. 1673–1680, 2012.
- S. Sen Roy, R. B. Singh, and M. Kumar, “An analysis of local spatial temperature patterns in the Delhi Metropolitan Area,” Physical Geography, vol. 32, no. 2, pp. 114–138, 2011.
- R. B. Singh and R. Nath, “Remote sensing, GIS and micrometeorology for monitoring and predicting urban heat islands in Kolkata mega city,” Annals of NAGI, vol. 32, no. 1, pp. 17–39, 2012.
- R. B. Singh, J. Fox, and Y. Himiyama, Eds., Land Use and Cover Change, Science Publishers, Enfield, Conn, USA, 2001.
- Y. Himiyama and I. Bicik, Eds., Land Use Changes in Selected Regions in the World, Hokkaido University of Education, 2012.