- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Advances in Mathematical Physics
Volume 2010 (2010), Article ID 293245, 14 pages
Simulation of Equatorial von Neumann Measurements on GHZ States Using Nonlocal Resources
Group of Applied Physics, University of Geneva, 20 rue de l'Ecole-de-Médecine, 1211 Geneva 4, Switzerland
Received 31 August 2009; Accepted 11 December 2009
Academic Editor: Shao-Ming Fei
Copyright © 2010 Jean-Daniel Bancal et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- J. S. Bell, Speakable and Unspeakable in Quantum Mechanics, Cambridge University Press, Cambridge, UK, 1987.
- A. Aspect, “Bell's inequality test: more ideal than ever,” Nature, vol. 398, no. 6724, pp. 189–190, 1999.
- B. F. Toner and D. Bacon, “Communication cost of simulating Bell correlations,” Physical Review Letters, vol. 91, no. 18, Article ID 187904, 4 pages, 2003.
- J. Barrett, N. Linden, S. Massar, S. Pironio, S. Popescu, and D. Roberts, “Nonlocal correlations as an information-theoretic resource,” Physical Review A, vol. 71, no. 2, Article ID 022101, 2005.
- N. J. Cerf, N. Gisin, S. Massar, and S. Popescu, “Simulating maximal quantum entanglement without communication,” Physical Review Letters, vol. 94, no. 22, Article ID 220403, 4 pages, 2005.
- N. Brunner, N. Gisin, S. Popescu, and V. Scarani, “Simulation of partial entanglement with nonsignaling resources,” Physical Review A, vol. 78, no. 5, Article ID 052111, 2008.
- T. E. Tessier, C. M. Caves, I. H. Deutsch, B. Eastin, and D. Bacon, “Optimal classical-communication-assisted local model of n-qubit Greenberger-Horne-Zeilinger correlations,” Physical Review A, vol. 72, no. 3, Article ID 032305, 5 pages, 2005.
- J. Barrett, C. M. Caves, B. Eastin, M. B. Elliott, and S. Pironio, “Modeling Pauli measurements on graph states with nearest-neighbor classical communication,” Physical Review A, vol. 75, no. 1, Article ID 012103, 2007.
- A. Broadbent, P. R. Chouha, and A. Tapp, “The GHZ state in secret sharing and entanglement simulation,” in Proceedings of the 3rd International Conference on Quantum, Nano and Micro Technologies (ICQNM '09), pp. 59–62, Cancun, China, February 2009.
- S. Popescu and D. Rohrlich, “Quantum nonlocality as an axiom,” Foundations of Physics, vol. 24, no. 3, pp. 379–385, 1994.
- A. C. Yao, “Protocols for secure computations,” in Proceedings of the 23rd Annual Symposium on Foundations of Computer Science (Chicago, Ill., 1982), pp. 160–164, IEEE, New York, NY, USA, 1982.
- D. Collins, N. Gisin, S. Popescu, D. Roberts, and V. Scarani, “Bell-type inequalities to detect true n-body nonseparability,” Physical Review Letters, vol. 88, no. 17, Article ID 170405, 4 pages, 2002.
- M. Seevinck and G. Svetlichny, “Bell-type inequalities for partial separability in -particle systems and quantum mechanical violations,” Physical Review Letters, vol. 89, no. 6, Article ID 060401, 4 pages, 2002.
- J.-D. Bancal, C. Branciard, N. Gisin, and S. Pironio, “Quantifying multipartite nonlocality,” Physical Review Letters, vol. 103, no. 9, Article ID 090503, 2009.
- G. Svetlichny, “Distinguishing three-body from two-body nonseparability by a Bell-type inequality,” Physical Review D, vol. 35, no. 10, pp. 3066–3069, 1987.
- J. Barrett and S. Pironio, “Popescu-Rohrlich correlations as a unit of nonlocality,” Physical Review Letters, vol. 95, no. 14, Article ID 140401, 4 pages, 2005.
- J.-D. Bancal, S. Pironio, and N. Gisin, in preparation.
- E. Kushilevitz and N. Nisan, Communication Complexity, Cambridge University Press, Cambridge, UK, 1997.