- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Advances in Mathematical Physics
Volume 2010 (2010), Article ID 342915, 31 pages
Dynamics of Entanglement between a Quantum Dot Spin Qubit and a Photon Qubit inside a Semiconductor High-Q Nanocavity
1CREOL College of Optics and Photonics, University of Central Florida, Orlando, FL 32826, USA
2NanoScience Technology Center, University of Central Florida, Orlando, FL 32826, USA
3Department of Physics, University of Central Florida, P. O. Box 162385, Orlando, FL 32816, USA
Received 15 September 2009; Accepted 24 November 2009
Academic Editor: Shao-Ming Fei
Copyright © 2010 Hubert Pascal Seigneur et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- D. L. Moehring, M. J. Madsen, K. C. Younge, et al., “Quantum networking with photons and trapped atoms (invited),” Journal of the Optical Society of America B, vol. 24, no. 2, pp. 300–315, 2007.
- T. Wilk, S. C. Webster, A. Kuhn, and G. Rempe, “Single-atom single-photon quantum interface,” Science, vol. 317, no. 5837, pp. 488–490, 2007.
- M. N. Leuenberger, M. E. Flatte, and D. D. Awschalom, “Teleportation of electronic many-qubit states encoded in the electron spin of quantum dots via single photons,” Physical Review Letters, vol. 94, no. 10, Article ID 107401, 4 pages, 2005.
- D. Englund, A. Faraon, B. Zhang, Y. Yamamoto, and J. Vučković, “Generation and transfer of single photons on a photonic crystal chip,” Optics Express, vol. 15, no. 9, pp. 5550–5558, 2007.
- M. Kroutvar, Y. Ducommun, D. Heiss, et al., “Optically programmable electron spin memory using semiconductor quantum dots,” Nature, vol. 432, no. 7013, pp. 81–84, 2004.
- Al. L. Efros, M. Rosen, M. Kuno, M. Nirmal, D. J. Norris, and M. Bawendi, “Band-edge exciton in quantum dots of semiconductors with a degenerate valence band: dark and bright exciton states,” Physical Review B, vol. 54, no. 7, pp. 4843–4856, 1996.
- A. I. Ekimov, F. Hache, M. C. Schanneklein, et al., “Absorption and intensity-dependent photoluminescence measurements on Cdse quantum dots—assignment of the 1st electronic-transitions,” Journal of the Optical Society of America B, vol. 10, pp. 100–107, 1993.
- C. Y. Hu, A. Young, J. L. O'Brien, W. J. Munro, and J. G. Rarity, “Giant optical Faraday rotation induced by a single-electron spin in a quantum dot: applications to entangling remote spins via a single photon,” Physical Review B, vol. 78, no. 8, Article ID 085307, 5 pages, 2008.
- H. P. Seigneur, M. N. Leuenberger, and W. V. Schoenfeld, “Single-photon Mach-Zehnder interferometer for quantum networks based on the single-photon Faraday effect,” Journal of Applied Physics, vol. 104, no. 1, Article ID 014307, 2008.
- U. Fano, “Description of states in quantum mechanics by density matrix and operator techniques,” Reviews of Modern Physics, vol. 29, pp. 74–93, 1957.
- M. O. Scully and M. S. Zubairy, Quantum Optics, Cambridge University Press, New York, NY, USA, 1997.
- C. H. Bennett, D. P. DiVincenzo, J. A. Smolin, and W. K. Wootters, “Mixed-state entanglement and quantum error correction,” Physical Review A, vol. 54, no. 5, pp. 3824–3851, 1996.
- A. Silberfarb and I. H. Deutsch, “Entanglement generated between a single atom and a laser pulse,” Physical Review A, vol. 69, no. 4, Article ID 042308, 8 pages, 2004.
- M. N. Leuenberger, “Fault-tolerant quantum computing with coded spins using the conditional Faraday rotation in quantum dots,” Physical Review B, vol. 73, no. 7, Article ID 075312, 8 pages, 2006.
- I. A. Merkulov, Al. L. Efros, and M. Rosen, “Electron spin relaxation by nuclei in semiconductor quantum dots,” Physical Review B, vol. 65, no. 20, Article ID 205309, 8 pages, 2002.
- B. Eble, C. Testelin, P. Desfonds, et al., “Hole-nuclear spin interaction in quantum dots,” Physical Review Letters, vol. 102, no. 14, Article ID 146601, 4 pages, 2009.
- P. A. Dalgarno, J. M. Smith, J. McFarlane, et al., “Coulomb interactions in single charged self-assembled quantum dots: radiative lifetime and recombination energy,” Physical Review B, vol. 77, no. 24, Article ID 245311, 8 pages, 2008.
- G. Munoz-Matutano, J. Gomis, B. Alen, et al., “Exciton, biexciton and trion recombination dynamics in a single quantum dot under selective optical pumping,” Physica E, vol. 40, no. 6, pp. 2100–2103, 2008.
- C. Testelin, F. Bernardot, B. Eble, and M. Chamarro, “Hole-spin dephasing time associated with hyperfine interaction in quantum dots,” Physical Review B, vol. 79, no. 19, Article ID 195440, 13 pages, 2009.
- G. D. Scholes, “Selection rules for probing biexcitons and electron spin transitions in isotropic quantum dot ensembles,” Journal of Chemical Physics, vol. 121, no. 20, pp. 10104–10110, 2004.
- B. Eble, P.-F. Braun, O. Krebs, et al., “Spin dynamics and hyperfine interaction in InAs semiconductor quantum dots,” Physica Status Solidi B, vol. 243, no. 10, pp. 2266–2273, 2006.