- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Advances in Mathematical Physics
Volume 2010 (2010), Article ID 482598, 21 pages
Cluster State Computation with Quantum-Dot Charge Qubits
School of Physics, The University of Western Australia, Perth, WA 6009, Australia
Received 14 July 2009; Accepted 15 October 2009
Academic Editor: Shao-Ming Fei
Copyright © 2010 Matthew Lubelski Katz and Jingbo Wang. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- D. Deutsch, “Quantum theory, the church-turing principle and the universal quantum computer,” Proceedings of the Royal Society A, vol. 400, no. 1818, pp. 97–117, 1985.
- R. Raussendorf and H. J. Briegel, “A one-way quantum computer,” Physical Review Letters, vol. 86, no. 22, pp. 5188–5191, 2001.
- A. M. Turing, “On computable numbers, with an application to the entscheidungsproblem,” Proceedings of the London Mathematical Society, vol. 42, pp. 230–265, 1936.
- R. P. Feynman, “Simulating physics with computers,” International Journal of Theoretical Physics, vol. 21, no. 6-7, pp. 467–488, 1982.
- P. W. Shor, “Algorithms for quantum computation: discrete logarithms and factoring,” in Proceedings of the 35th Annual Symposium on Foundations of Computer Science, pp. 124–134, IEEE Computer Society, Los Alamitos, Calif, USA, 1994.
- L. K. Grover, “From Schrödinger's equation to the quantum search algorithm,” American Journal of Physics, vol. 69, no. 7, pp. 769–777, 2001.
- A. C.-C. Yao, “Quantum circuit complexity,” in Proceedings of the 34th Annual Symposium on the Foundations of Computer Science, pp. 352–361, IEEE Computer Society, Los Alamitos, Calif, USA, 1993.
- D. P. DiVincenzo, “Two-bit gates are universal for quantum computation,” Physical Review A, vol. 51, no. 2, pp. 1015–1022, 1995.
- A. Barenco, C. H. Bennett, R. Cleve, et al., “Elementary gates for quantum computation,” Physical Review A, vol. 52, no. 5, pp. 3457–3467, 1995.
- R. Cleve, “An introduction to quantum complexity theory,” in Collected Papers on Quantum Computation and Quantum Information Theory, C. Macchiavello, G. Palma, and A. Zeilinger, Eds., pp. 103–127, World Scientific, Singapore, 2000.
- R. Raussendorf, D. E. Browne, and H. J. Briegel, “Measurement-based quantum computation on cluster states,” Physical Review A, vol. 68, no. 2, Article ID 022312, 2003.
- W. Dür and H.-J. Briegel, “Stability of macroscopic entanglement under decoherence,” Physical Review Letters, vol. 92, no. 18, Article ID 180403, 2004.
- K. Kieling, T. Rudolph, and J. Eisert, “Percolation, renormalization, and quantum computing with nondeterministic gates,” Physical Review Letters, vol. 99, no. 13, Article ID 130501, 2007.
- S. Y. Looi, L. Yu, V. Gheorghiu, and R. B. Griffiths, “Quantum-error-correcting codes using qudit graph states,” Physical Review A, vol. 78, no. 4, Article ID 042303, 2008.
- M. A. Nielsen and C. M. Dawson, “Fault-tolerant quantum computation with cluster states,” Physical Review A, vol. 71, no. 4, Article ID 042323, 26 pages, 2005.
- D. E. Browne and T. Rudolph, “Resource-efficient linear optical quantum computation,” Physical Review Letters, vol. 95, no. 1, Article ID 010501, 4 pages, 2005.
- J.-Q. Li, G. Chen, and J.-Q. Liang, “One-step generation of cluster states in microwave cavity QED,” Physical Review A, vol. 77, no. 1, Article ID 014304, 2 pages, 2008.
- P. A. Ivanov, N. V. Vitanov, and M. B. Plenio, “Creation of cluster states of trapped ions by collective addressing,” Physical Review A, vol. 78, no. 1, Article ID 012323, 2008.
- T. P. Friesen and D. L. Feder, “One-way quantum computing in optical lattices with many-atom addressing,” Physical Review A, vol. 78, no. 3, Article ID 032312, 2008.
- J. Q. You, X.-B. Wang, T. Tanamoto, and F. Nori, “Efficient one-step generation of large cluster states with solid-state circuits,” Physical Review A, vol. 75, no. 5, Article ID 052319, 2007.
- G.-P. Guo, H. Zhang, T. Tu, and G.-C. Guo, “One-step preparation of cluster states in quantum-dot molecules,” Physical Review A, vol. 75, no. 5, Article ID 050301, 2007.
- M. Borhani and D. Loss, “Cluster states from Heisenberg interactions,” Physical Review A, vol. 71, no. 3, Article ID 034308, 4 pages, 2005.
- Y. S. Weinstein, C. S. Hellberg, and J. Levy, “Quantum-dot cluster-state computing with encoded qubits,” Physical Review A, vol. 72, no. 2, Article ID 020304, 4 pages, 2005.
- G. Fève, A. Mahé, J.-M. Berroir, et al., “An on-demand coherent single-electron source,” Science, vol. 316, no. 5828, pp. 1169–1172, 2007.
- B. Tanner, Introduction to the Physics of Electrons in Solids, Cambridge University Press, Cambridge, UK, 1995.
- J. R. Petta, A. C. Johnson, C. M. Marcus, M. P. Hanson, and A. C. Gossard, “Manipulation of a single charge in a double quantum dot,” Physical Review Letters, vol. 93, no. 18, Article ID 186802, 4 pages, 2004.
- A. Wensauer, O. Steffens, M. Suhrke, and U. Rössler, “Laterally coupled few-electron quantum dots,” Physical Review B, vol. 62, no. 4, pp. 2605–2613, 2000.
- H. Yu and W. E. Buhro, “Solution-liquid-solid growth of soluble GaAs nanowires,” Advanced Materials, vol. 15, no. 5, pp. 416–419, 2003.
- N. Panev, A. I. Persson, N. Sköld, and L. Samuelson, “Sharp exciton emission from single InAs quantum dots in GaAs nanowires,” Applied Physics Letters, vol. 83, no. 11, pp. 2238–2240, 2003.
- M. T. Björk, B. J. Ohlsson, C. Thelander, et al., “Nanowire resonant tunneling diodes,” Applied Physics Letters, vol. 81, no. 23, pp. 4458–4460, 2002.
- C. Hines, K. Jacobs, and J. B. Wang, “Readout of solid-state charge qubits using a single-electron pump,” Journal of Physics A, vol. 40, no. 27, pp. F609–F616, 2007.
- J. B. Wang and S. Midgley, “Quantum waveguide theory: a direct solution to the time-dependent Schrödinger equation,” Physical Review B, vol. 60, no. 19, pp. 13668–13675, 1999.
- W. H. Press, B. P. Flannery, S. A. Teukolsky, and W. T. Vetterling, Numerical Recipes in FORTRAN, Cambridge University Press, Cambridge, UK, 2nd edition, 1992.
- B. Ricco and M. Y. Azbel, “Physics of resonant tunneling. The one-dimensional double-barrier case,” Physical Review B, vol. 29, no. 4, pp. 1970–1981, 1984.
- M. van den Nest, A. Miyake, W. Dür, and H. J. Briegel, “Universal resources for measurement-based quantum computation,” Physical Review Letters, vol. 97, no. 15, Article ID 150504, 2006.
- W. K. Wootters, “Entanglement of formation of an arbitrary state of two qubits,” Physical Review Letters, vol. 80, no. 10, pp. 2245–2248, 1998.
- P. Rungta, V. Bužek, C. M. Caves, M. Hillery, and G. J. Milburn, “Universal state inversion and concurrence in arbitrary dimensions,” Physical Review A, vol. 64, no. 4, Article ID 042315, 13 pages, 2001.
- Y.-C. Ou and H. Fan, “Bounds on negativity of superpositions,” Physical Review A, vol. 76, no. 2, Article ID 022320, 2007.