- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Advances in Mathematical Physics
Volume 2011 (2011), Article ID 126108, 12 pages
Characterizations of Generalized Entropy Functions by Functional Equations
Department of Computer Science and System Analysis, College of Humanities and Sciences, Nihon University, 3-25-40, Sakurajyousui, Setagaya-ku, Tokyo 156-8550, Japan
Received 3 March 2011; Revised 22 May 2011; Accepted 23 May 2011
Academic Editor: Giorgio Kaniadakis
Copyright © 2011 Shigeru Furuichi. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- C. E. Shannon, “A mathematical theory of communication,” The Bell System Technical Journal, vol. 27, p. 379–423, 623–656, 1948.
- A. Rényi, “On measures of entropy and information,” in Proceedings of the 4th Berkeley Symposium on Mathematical Statistics and Probability, vol. 1, pp. 547–561, University California Press, Berkeley, Calif, USA, 1961.
- C. Tsallis, “Possible generalization of Boltzmann-Gibbs statistics,” Journal of Statistical Physics, vol. 52, no. 1-2, pp. 479–487, 1988.
- C. Tsallis, Introduction to Nonextensive Statistical Mechanics, Springer, New York, NY, USA, 2009.
- C. Tsallis, D. Prato, and A. R. Plastino, “Nonextensive statistical mechanics: some links with astronomical phenomena,” Astrophysics and Space Science, vol. 290, pp. 259–274, 2004.
- H. Suyari, “Generalization of Shannon-Khinchin axioms to nonextensive systems and the uniqueness theorem for the nonextensive entropy,” IEEE Transactions on Information Theory, vol. 50, no. 8, pp. 1783–1787, 2004.
- S. Furuichi, “On uniqueness theorems for Tsallis entropy and Tsallis relative entropy,” IEEE Transactions on Information Theory, vol. 51, no. 10, pp. 3638–3645, 2005.
- H. Suyari, “Nonextensive entropies derived from form invariance of pseudoadditivity,” Physical Review E, vol. 65, no. 6, p. 066118, 2002.
- C. Tsallis, R. S. Mendes, and A. R. Plastino, “The role of constraints within generalized nonextensive statistics,” Physica A, vol. 261, pp. 534–554, 1998.
- S. Furuichi, “Information theoretical properties of Tsallis entropies,” Journal of Mathematical Physics, vol. 47, no. 2, p. 023302, 2006.
- G. Kaniadakis, M. Lissia, and A. M. Scarfone, “Deformed logarithms and entropies,” Physica A, vol. 340, no. 1–3, pp. 41–49, 2004.
- G. Kaniadakis, M. Lissia, and A. M. Scarfone, “Two-parameter deformations of logarithm, exponential, and entropy: a consistent framework for generalized statistical mechanics,” Physical Review E, vol. 71, no. 4, p. 046128, 2005.
- E. P. Borges and I. Roditi, “A family of nonextensive entropies,” Physics Letters A, vol. 246, no. 5, pp. 399–402, 1998.
- T. Wada and H. Suyari, “A two-parameter generalization of Shannon-Khinchin axioms and the uniqueness theorem,” Physics Letters A, vol. 368, no. 3-4, pp. 199–205, 2007.
- S. Furuichi, “An axiomatic characterization of a two-parameter extended relative entropy,” Journal of Mathematical Physics, vol. 51, no. 12, p. 123302, 2010.
- H. Suyari and M. Tsukada, “Tsallis differential entropy and divergences derived from the generalized Shannon-Khinchin axioms,” in Proceedings of the IEEE International Symposium on Information Theory (ISIT '09), pp. 149–153, Seoul, Korea, 2009.
- Y. Horibe, “Entropy of terminal distributions and the Fibonacci trees,” The Fibonacci Quarterly, vol. 26, no. 2, pp. 135–140, 1988.
- P. l. Kannappan, “An application of a differential equation in information theory,” Glasnik Matematicki, vol. 14, no. 2, pp. 269–274, 1979.
- P. l. Kannappan, Functional Equations and Inequalities with Applications, Springer, New York, NY, USA, 2009.
- L. Borland, A. R. Plastino, and C. Tsallis, “Information gain within nonextensive thermostatistics,” Journal of Mathematical Physics, vol. 39, no. 12, pp. 6490–6501, 1998.
- C. Tsallis, M. Gell-Mann, and Y. Sato, “Asymptotically scale-invariant occupancy of phase space makes the entropy extensive,” Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America, vol. 102, no. 43, pp. 15377–15382, 2005.
- C. Tsallis, “On the extensivity of the entropy , the q-generalized central limit theorem and the q-triplet,” Progress of Theoretical Physics, no. 162, pp. 1–9, 2006.
- C. Zander and A. R. Plastino, “Composite systems with extensive (power-law) entropies,” Physica A, vol. 364, pp. 145–156, 2006.