- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Advances in Mathematical Physics
Volume 2011 (2011), Article ID 519178, 8 pages
Hidden Periodicity and Chaos in the Sequence of Prime Numbers
Physics Department, ICAR, P.O. Box 31155, Jerusalem 91000, Israel
Received 3 March 2011; Revised 2 May 2011; Accepted 3 May 2011
Academic Editor: Giorgio Kaniadakis
Copyright © 2011 A. Bershadskii. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- E. Bogomolny, “Riemann zeta function and quantum chaos,” Progress of Theoretical Physics, no. 166, pp. 19–44, 2007.
- K. Soundararajan, “The distribution of prime numbers,” in Equidistribution in Number Theory, An Introduction, vol. 237 of NATO Science Series II: Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry, pp. 59–83, Springer, Dordrecht, 2007.
- T. Timberlake and J. Tucker, “Is there quantum chaos in the prime numbers?” Bulletin of the American Physical Society, vol. 52, p. 35, 2007.
- C. E. Porter, Statistical Theories of Spectra: Fluctuations, Academic Press, New York, NY, USA, 1965.
- M. Wolf, “Applications of statistical mechanics in number theory,” Physica A, vol. 274, no. 1–2, pp. 149–157, 1999.
- P. Kumar, P. C. Ivanov, and H. E. Stanley, “Information entropy and correlations in prime numbers”.
- S. Ares and M. Castro, “Hidden structure in the randomness of the prime number sequence?” Physica A, vol. 360, no. 2, pp. 285–296, 2006.
- S. R. Dahmen, S. D. Prado, and T. Stuermer-Daitx, “Similarity in the statistics of prime numbers,” Physica A, vol. 296, no. 3–4, pp. 523–528, 2001.
- O. E. Rössler, “An equation for continuous chaos,” Physics Letters A, vol. 57, no. 5, pp. 397–398, 1976.
- A. Bershadskii and Y. Ikegaya, “Chaotic neuron clock,” Chaos, Solitons and Fractals, vol. 44, no. 4–5, pp. 342–347, 2011.