- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Advances in Mathematical Physics
Volume 2011 (2011), Article ID 680367, 10 pages
Relativistic Spinning Particle without Grassmann Variables and the Dirac Equation
Departamento de Matematica, Instituto de Ciências Exatas (ICE), Universidade Federal de Juiz de Fora, 36039-900 Juiz de Fora, MG, Brazil
Received 31 March 2011; Revised 30 July 2011; Accepted 23 August 2011
Academic Editor: Stephen Anco
Copyright © 2011 A. A. Deriglazov. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- A. H. Compton, “The magnetic electron,” Journal of The Franklin Institute, vol. 192, no. 2, pp. 145–155, 1921.
- G. E. Uhlenbeck and S. Goudsmit, “Spinning electrons and the structure of spectra,” Nature, vol. 117, pp. 264–265, 1926.
- P. A. M. Dirac, The Principles of Quantum Mechanics, Oxford Clarendon Press, Oxford, UK, 1958.
- J. Frenkel, “Die elektrodynamik des rotierenden elektrons,” Zeitschrift fur Physik, vol. 37, no. 4-5, pp. 243–262, 1926.
- P. A. M. Dirac, “The quantum theory of the electron,” Proceedings of the Royal Society A, vol. 117, pp. 610–624, 1928.
- P. A. M. Dirac, “The quantum theory of the electron,” Proceedings of the Royal Society A, vol. 118, pp. 351–361, 1928.
- M. H. L. Pryce, “The mass-centre in the restricted theory of relativity and its connexion with the quantum theory of elementary particles,” Proceedings of the Royal Society A, vol. 195, pp. 62–81, 1948.
- T. D. Newton and E. P. Wigner, “Localized states for elementary systems,” Reviews of Modern Physics, vol. 21, no. 3, pp. 400–406, 1949.
- L. L. Foldy and S. A. Wouthuysen, “On the dirac theory of spin 1/2 particles and its non-relativistic limit,” Physical Review, vol. 78, no. 1, pp. 29–36, 1950.
- V. Bargmann, L. Michel, and V. L. Telegdi, “Precession of the polarization of particles moving in a homogeneous electromagnetic field,” Physical Review Letters, vol. 2, no. 10, pp. 435–436, 1959.
- T. F. Jordan and N. Mukunda, “Lorentz-covariant position operators for spinning particles,” Physical Review, vol. 132, pp. 1842–1848, 1963.
- A. O. Barut, Electrodynamics and Classical Theory of Fields and Particles, Macmillan, New York, NY, USA, 1964.
- F. A. Berezin and Marinov M. S., “Classical spin and Grassmann algebra,” JETP Letters, vol. 21, pp. 320–321, 1975.
- F. A. Berezin and M. S. Marinov, “Particle spin dynamics as the grassmann variant of classical mechanics,” Annals of Physics, vol. 104, no. 2, pp. 336–362, 1977.
- A. J. Hanson and T. Regge, “The relativistic spherical top,” Annals of Physics, vol. 87, pp. 498–566, 1974.
- A. O. Barut and N. Zanghi, “Classical model of the dirac electron,” Physical Review Letters, vol. 52, no. 23, pp. 2009–2012, 1984.
- D. M. Gitman and I. V. Tyutin, Quantization of Fields with Constraints, Springer, Berlin, Germany, 1990.
- A. A. Deriglazov, “Nonrelativistic spin: a la Berezin-Marinov quantization on a sphere,” Modern Physics Letters A, vol. 25, no. 32, pp. 2769–2777, 2010.
- G. Salesi and E. Recami, “Effects of spin on the cyclotron frequency for a dirac electron,” Physics Letters A, vol. 267, no. 4, pp. 219–224, 2000.
- M. Pavsic, E. Recami, W. A. Rodrigues Jr., G. D. Maccarrone, F. Raciti, and G. Salesi, “Spin and electron structure,” Physics Letters B, vol. 318, no. 3, pp. 481–488, 1993.
- D. Hestenes, “Zitterbewegung in quantum mechanics,” Foundations of Physics, vol. 40, no. 1, pp. 1–54, 2010.
- D. Singh and N. Mobed, “Effects of spacetime curvature on spin particle zitterbewegung,” Classical and Quantum Gravity, vol. 26, no. 18, Article ID 185007, 2009.
- N. Unal, “Electromagnetic and gravitational interactions of the spinning particle,” Journal of Mathematical Physics, vol. 47, no. 9, Article ID 092501, 2006.
- J. R. Van Meter, A. K. Kerman, P. Chen, and F. V. Hartemann, “Radiative corrections in symmetrized classical electrodynamics,” Physical Review E, vol. 62, no. 6, pp. 8640–8650, 2000.
- A. A. Deriglazov and Z. Kuznetsova, “Conversion of second class constraints by deformation of Lagrangian local symmetries,” Physics Letters B, vol. 646, no. 1, pp. 47–53, 2007.
- A. A. Deriglazov, Classical Mechanics Hamiltonian and Lagrangian Formalism, Springer, Heidelberg, Germany, 2010.
- J. D. Bjorken and S. D. Drell, Relativistic Quantum Fields, McGraw-Hill, New York, NY, USA, 1965.
- J. J. Sakurai, Modern Quantum Mechanics, Addison-Wesley, 1994.