- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Advances in Mathematical Physics
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 169642, 15 pages
Peristaltic Transport of a Jeffrey Fluid with Variable Viscosity through a Porous Medium in an Asymmetric Channel
1Department of Mathematics & Statistics, FBAS, IIU, Islamabad, Pakistan
2Department of Mechanical Engineering, University of California Riverside, USA
Received 12 December 2011; Accepted 16 February 2012
Academic Editor: Sanith Wijesinghe
Copyright © 2012 A. Afsar Khan et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- M. Y. Malik, A. Hussain, and S. Nadeem, “Flow of a Jeffrey-six constant fluid between coaxial cylinders with heat transfer,” Communications in Theoretical Physics, vol. 56, pp. 345–351, 2011.
- W. Tan and T. Masuoka, “Stokes' first problem for a second grade fluid in a porous half-space with heated boundary,” International Journal of Non-Linear Mechanics, vol. 40, no. 4, pp. 515–522, 2005.
- M. Hameed and S. Nadeem, “Unsteady MHD flow of a non-Newtonian fluid on a porous plate,” Journal of Mathematical Analysis and Applications, vol. 325, no. 1, pp. 724–733, 2007.
- F. M. Mahomed and T. Hayat, “Note on an exact solution for the pipe flow of a third-grade fluid,” Acta Mechanica, vol. 190, no. 1–4, pp. 233–236, 2007.
- K. S. Mekheimer and Y. Abd elmaboud, “The influence of heat transfer and magnetic field on peristaltic transport of a Newtonian fluid in a vertical annulus: application of an endoscope,” Physics Letters A, vol. 372, no. 10, pp. 1657–1665, 2008.
- K. S. Mekheimer, “Effect of the induced magnetic field on peristaltic flow of a couple stress fluid,” Physics Letters A, vol. 372, no. 23, pp. 4271–4278, 2008.
- S. Srinivas and M. Kothandapani, “Peristaltic transport in an asymmetric channel with heat transfer—a note,” International Communications in Heat and Mass Transfer, vol. 35, no. 4, pp. 514–522, 2008.
- M. Kothandapani and S. Srinivas, “Peristaltic transport of a Jeffrey fluid under the effect of magnetic field in an asymmetric channel,” International Journal of Non-Linear Mechanics, vol. 43, no. 9, pp. 915–924, 2008.
- M. Dehghan and F. Shakeri, “The numerical solution of the second painlevé equation,” Numerical Methods for Partial Differential Equations, vol. 25, no. 5, pp. 1238–1259, 2009.
- S. Nadeem and N. S. Akbar, “Peristaltic flow of a Jeffrey fluid with variable viscosity in an asymmetric channel,” Zeitschrift fur Naturforschung A, vol. 64, no. 11, pp. 713–722, 2009.
- S. Nadeem and N. S. Akbar, “Effects of heat transfer on the peristaltic transport of MHD Newtonian fluid with variable viscosity: application of Adomian decomposition method,” Communications in Nonlinear Science and Numerical Simulation, vol. 14, no. 11, pp. 3844–3855, 2009.
- A. Ebaid, “A new numerical solution for the MHD peristaltic flow of a bio-fluid with variable viscosity in a circular cylindrical tube via Adomian decomposition method,” Physics Letters A, vol. 372, no. 32, pp. 5321–5328, 2008.
- A. El Hakeem, A. El Naby, A. E. M. El Misiery, and I. I. El Shamy, “Hydromagnetic flow of fluid with variable viscosity in a uniform tube with peristalsis,” Journal of Physics A, vol. 36, no. 31, pp. 8535–8547, 2003.
- S. Srinivas and R. Gayathri, “Peristaltic transport of a Newtonian fluid in a vertical asymmetric channel with heat transfer and porous medium,” Applied Mathematics and Computation, vol. 215, no. 1, pp. 185–196, 2009.
- S. Srinivas and M. Kothandapani, “The influence of heat and mass transfer on MHD peristaltic flow through a porous space with compliant walls,” Applied Mathematics and Computation, vol. 213, no. 1, pp. 197–208, 2009.
- S. Nadeem, N. S. Akbar, and M. Y. Malik, “Numerical solutions of peristaltic flow of a newtonian fluid under the effects ofmagnetic field and heat transfer in a porous concentric tubes,” Zeitschrift fur Naturforschung A, vol. 65, no. 5, pp. 369–380, 2010.
- E. F. Elshehawey, N. T. Eldabe, E. M. Elghazy, and A. Ebaid, “Peristaltic transport in an asymmetric channel through a porous medium,” Applied Mathematics and Computation, vol. 182, no. 1, pp. 140–150, 2006.